• Please log in to reply
292 replies to this topic

#21 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:19 AM

Okay but in the past the "Show Me Now" thing leads to dissappointment when an Item gets cancelled... ahem Salt Vampire twice....Or Chapel, Rand, Seven Of Nine, Borg Queen, Kruge, Maltz, Dukat, Defiant Captain's Chair....the list goes on... I think personally I like the Show me now thing as well, but if it gets cancelled that is kind of bogus ya know...That REALLY sucks. 

#22 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:28 AM

^ All figures. Maybe in that case, ships only. ;)

#23 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:35 AM

Hopefully by February they will have some new prototypes to show us. *fingers crossed*

#24 DSTZach

DSTZach

I can stop I just don't want to.

• VIP
  • 696 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:21 PM

I don't believe the Defiant is one of the next two. But we're making sure things are further along before we reveal them, yes. Prototyping for the next ship and the next Select should be done by Toy Fair.

#25 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:09 AM

That has to be the first flat-out denial of the Defiant I've ever seen from DST. Usually it's a change of subject or a nudge-nudge reaction...

But, people! Maybe Zach means he doesn't BELIEVE that the Defiant is next! :P

Have faith, Zach!

I kid.

I'm the complete opposite. I'd rather be shown something as early as possible, because it builds excitement. Yes, delays are an arse, but for me, all the ships I've 'waited for' (The Enterprise E back in 2003, The D in 2009, and the Bird of Prey last year) have been worth it.

Put it this way. I'd LOVE to know that the Defiant is one of the next two coming up. I know - having been a customer of AA/DST for a long time now - that it'll take a while to reach shops, but what I hate is not knowing whether it is being made.

I like the early showing (for the ships at least) because of how inclusive it feels - for example: I like to think, likely erroneously, that we, as a community, had some input in the direction that the paint on the Nemesis E took. Zach, if I'm wrong there, as I most certainly am, tread softly - for you tread on my dreams...

But yes, I can see the other argument that early showings lead to consternation or anger when things are delayed or cancelled... though personally, I think there are a lot of personalities around here who flash to anger too quickly... I like to think I can be more magnanimous about such things. (I'm talking about ship toys here - not Into Darkness or similar, which, well ds;dkjf;sej;fs *HULKS OUT*)

#26 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:57 AM

Okay.... with a flat out, almost definite no on the Defiant.... My bet is on a Reliant and a Romulan Warbird..... I mean hasnt the Voyager and C been ruled out by Chuck also?

I agree that it is nice to see the ships early on because you know eventually they will arrive unlike the figures.

While Im here...Happy 2014 everyone!!! :)

#27 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:03 AM

Wait..... he said next two..... couldnt the BOP and Excelsior or even the A redux count as part of the next two....

Please oh please come to me my sweet, sweet Defiant.....

Okay Ive got issues.... who doesnt? LOL

#28 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:11 AM

The only other big ship it could be is Reliant, and I thought they said they weren't doing another alien ship yet? I would be thrilled If they did the Warbird as one of the next ships, but there's federation ships that I feel should come first, like the Defiant or Voyager that had whole series with them.

#29 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:04 PM

Totally agree with you Alteran....I feel that the Defiant, Voyager, or 1701-C should be next.... but what can we do.... As much as I would like to see a a Reliant.... I think these other three deserve their rightful place in the Starship Legends Line soon.....

The reason I said Warbird was that I thought I heard rumblings somewhere about this already.... and I also thought Chuck said the next ship would not be another Klingon vessel.... but I could be totally wrong with all of this.... I have to admit I would be quite happy with a TNG Era Warbird from DST though!!

#30 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:48 PM

I don't believe the Defiant is one of the next two. But we're making sure things are further along before we reveal them, yes. Prototyping for the next ship and the next Select should be done by Toy Fair.

So no Voyager, no Enterprise-C, no 'Alien' ship, and now no Defiant. Reliant and Excelsior aside, what else have you guys got to make?

Trying not to be, but I'm absolutely gutted about hearing this. Glad I got a nice version from Eaglemoss though.

EDIT: On the subject of knowing in advance, this just proves more than anything that a little update every few months (even just subtle hints in an AskDST - along the lines of 'no Alien ships' changing to 'one Alien ship') wouldn't go a miss. Unless Zach's not talking about the new ships they're making, then I can only say that I'm as confused as I am miserable about hearing this news. lol

#31 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:24 PM

I vote for a new DST Starship Line: It will be called:

Star Trek Starship Mediocrity Line

..... The first ship will be a Cardassian Garbage Scow, next up is the ever exciting Trill Transport ship, and as the magnum opus.... wait for it..... Thats right boys and girls an Ocampan Sublight Botanical Freighter.

Excuse me while I finish yawning.....

#32 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:55 PM

I like the Reliant and all, and at this point there isn't any other ship it could be, but why does it deserve to come before the Defiant and Voyager? I can understand coming before the C since it may have had more screen time but not the 2 ships that had full series behind them.

I don't even see the Reliant as being all that popular compared to Voyager or the Defiant.

#33 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:45 PM

If it's not the Defiant then it's gotta be the Reliant. 

#34 tuvok47

tuvok47

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:18 AM

I don't even see the Reliant as being all that popular compared to Voyager or the Defiant.

It will no doubt have Khan sound clips.  I have a feeling that the Khan related figures and role play have sold well so this is a no brainer.

#35 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:58 AM

No Defiant? That truly sucks... :(

#36 DSTZach

DSTZach

• VIP
  • 696 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:03 PM

See? Now you guys are going to be disappointed for even longer. This is why we don't release info before its time.

#37 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:43 PM

I don't think it really matters... DST can either disappoint me now or later... If it's not the Defiant or Voyager I won't buy it.

Same can be said in general... I don't think it really matters, you can tell fans now or tell them later, either way there will be moaning and speculation on one thing or another. All this secrecy or not telling us before its time is pointless, your either delaying the disappointment or delaying the excitement of a product you want to sell lots of. 

So I don't see the point in hiding a decision that has I'm assuming already been finalised. 

Now, not revealing the release date for said product, thats a different story and shouldn't be disclosed before it's time but revealing what the next ship/product is going to be kinda doesn't really matter, fans are gonna have their opinions either way. 

#38 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:54 PM

As for it being the Reliant... 

It's an obvious choice because of Khan and I wouldn't be surprised if it was but its one I'm not that interested in as much as I would have been for the far more iconic USS Defiant. Its also never going to match perfectly with the awful translucent Enterprise due to improvements DST have made in their ships. 

The Defiant and Voyager would have been my next two choices. I think it's a misguided notion that DS9 and Voyager don't have just as loyal and as large a fan-base for DST to produce those two ships - granted we'll probably never get a USS Prometheus or a Cardassian Galor Warship or even the IKS Rotarran but for the Defiant and Voyager to be bumped for the Reliant is disappointing.   

#39 tuvok47

tuvok47

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:56 PM

I'm very tempted to grab those Eaglemoss ships.  Sure they're alot smaller...but they're doing a lot of the second tier ships that we probably won't see from DST.  I think the Prometheus and the Galor Class are both in the lineup.

As for the Reliant, I'm guessing we'll see a battle damaged version from DST as well.  Pre-the nacelle gets blown off.  It might even be timed as part of a TWOK 1701 rerelease. 

#40 DSTZach

DSTZach

• VIP
  • 696 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:34 PM

To be honest, I have no idea what the next ship will be. I know we have 2-3 ships in the works, but I don't know which will be finished first, or what will even be ready for Toy Fair. I think whatever we do will sell fine, and I don't know that Voyager or Defiant would sell better or worse than anything else. I never questioned the loyalty of their respective fan bases, having seen the single-mindedness of people who want them, only their relative sizes to the fan bases of TOS, TNG and any of the feature films. Obviously, there's overlap, but I think the requests for the Enterprise C may equal the requests for the Defiant and Voyager combined.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users