Photo

Wave 5 pushed back... NO WAIT IT'S HERE!!!!

• Please log in to reply
392 replies to this topic

#21 Sgt. Stinky

Sgt. Stinky

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Indiana Jones, Friends and especially Family

Posted 07 May 2008 - 04:43 AM

Bad News... Wave 5 is now listed as September 24th, 2008 being the release date on DST's website sad.gif . Ah well at least I won't have to pay for them. Someone in my family will get them for me since my birthday is a few days later.

#22 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 03:49 PM

*sigh*

Poor Bev. Always getting crapped on.

#23 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 04:09 PM

QUOTE(Sgt. Stinky @ May 7 2008, 06:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bad News... Wave 5 is now listed as September 24th, 2008 being the release date on DST's website sad.gif . Ah well at least I won't have to pay for them. Someone in my family will get them for me since my birthday is a few days later.

Might not be a good idea to hold your breath for it to be released by your birthday, delays at DST are as plentiful as flies at a dairy farm.

#24 Sgt. Stinky

Sgt. Stinky

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Indiana Jones, Friends and especially Family

Posted 08 May 2008 - 06:06 AM

Good Point ! Maybe I can beat David Blaines record if I do hold my breath tongue.gif .

#25 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 11 May 2008 - 03:18 PM

QUOTE(Sgt. Stinky @ May 7 2008, 06:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bad News... Wave 5 is now listed as September 24th, 2008 being the release date on DST's website

Seriously?!?
WTF is the hold up on this specific wave?!?

#26 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 11 May 2008 - 05:37 PM

DST stated that it was a problem with the factory and that they have made assurances that it won't happen again. They have far too many problems with this factory for my tastes. I'd be looking into another one at this point in the game. Who knows, maybe they get a really good deal from them or something.

#27 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 11 May 2008 - 07:54 PM

Keep another thing in mind too gang. Giving the issues Mattel had with the paint lead content, I wouldn't be surprised if alot of lines were affected by the stringent Federal and State laws passed in it's wake.

#28 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 11 May 2008 - 07:58 PM

at this point I would just rather not be given estimated shipping times. Other companies really dont specify to the consumer when things are going to be shipping. If they do specify they are usually pretty close. DST has proven that their estimates are always off so why even bother giving them anymore?

#29 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:44 AM

I think the main reason why they do is because they are primarily solicited and sold through Diamond Comics.

DCD gives shipment dates for the same reason... and really has many of the same issues... although not as bad it seems!

basically comic shops need to know when to order and they need a date for that.

#30 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 12 May 2008 - 08:56 AM

All good points Gothneo. If anyone remembers, AFX does pretty much the same thing and puts the window out, waaaay out. Now AFX does this to insure the merchandise is there at that time and not to have their customers on a bubble. DST does it for the reasons Gothneo pointed out, to insure their partners get the opportunity to sell through their merchandise first. That's DST trying to be fair to their partners, not delay or piss off the consumers.

#31 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 06:29 PM

I just went over to NewForce to put in my pre-order for the long, long, looooong awaited TNG5.

My main priority was to order 4 or 5 Beverlys, with the hope that atleast one will be pretty...but I notice I can only buy her as part of the set.

Rick, should I hold off on buying them until you are able to put the figures up individually, or don't you plan on doing that for this set?

Sorry, I'm sure this is common knowlege....I don't listen properly! biggrin.gif

#32 NewForceComics

NewForceComics

Trek Toy's Official Vendor

• VIP
  • 219 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 08:29 AM

QUOTE(Artistix @ Aug 20 2008, 12:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just went over to NewForce to put in my pre-order for the long, long, looooong awaited TNG5.

My main priority was to order 4 or 5 Beverlys, with the hope that atleast one will be pretty...but I notice I can only buy her as part of the set.

Rick, should I hold off on buying them until you are able to put the figures up individually, or don't you plan on doing that for this set?

Sorry, I'm sure this is common knowlege....I don't listen properly! biggrin.gif

hello all...
unfortunately, we custom order cases packed to our specifications ...we do this so we can offer full sets to collectors without having to pay crazy prices for shortpacks...we typically don't sell singles, unless we get a mispacked case...sorry...
rick

#33 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:25 AM

I ordered the couple extra I wanted from BBTS (even if I can't remember why I wanted an extra Ro at this point after so much time has passed.. laugh.gif ). But I always order two sets from Rick first. wink.gif Beyond my basic two sets (one to keep sealed and one to open), I'll get more for head-popping customs! Or if I find them for like $5.. then I'll buy them just because. biggrin.gif

#34 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE(NewForceComics @ Aug 21 2008, 12:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hello all...
unfortunately, we custom order cases packed to our specifications ...we do this so we can offer full sets to collectors without having to pay crazy prices for shortpacks...we typically don't sell singles, unless we get a mispacked case...sorry...
rick

Cheers Rick. One will do......for now. biggrin.gif

#35 J C R

J C R

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 10:02 AM

They pushed wave 5 back again....its now November 5th.

#36 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 10:19 AM

Ah ha..ha..hahaha...hehehe...hahaaha...HAHAHAHA!

::cries::

#37 A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 11:11 AM

QUOTE(reverie @ Aug 27 2008, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah ha..ha..hahaha...hehehe...hahaaha...HAHAHAHA!

::cries::

::: sigh ::: I want my Chief O'Brien! Artistix wants his Beverly! C'mon DST, just... enough, already....

#38 spider1981

spider1981

Action figure anonymous member

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 11:23 AM

QUOTE(J C R @ Aug 27 2008, 11:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They pushed wave 5 back again....its now November 5th.

Geez. At this point I fully expect they wont make the November 5th release date either.
I've heard some talk about the forums of a DST employee saying that they meet their deadlines on product releases. That has been far from my experiences so far. sad.gif

#39 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 11:45 AM

I will say, just to be fair, I've been collecting since 1989 and I have yet to see a toy company that comes through on time everytime. DST is better then most of the ones that came before them. Some of them would show you a cool photo, then not even make it, ever.

#40 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 27 August 2008 - 01:09 PM

Guys this has a distinct ring of DST's final, unreleased, Buffy wave. They pushed it back & pushed it back waiting to get enough orders to justify them and then ... BAM ... canceled. I am not saying Trek is canceled, but this may be the reason we have seen such crazy delays with this wave. Just a thought though and not based on any real information.

Here's what we do ... everyone go out and pre-order two more. LOL

Also, it was Chuck that made the challenge that they would stick to release dates. I defended him when the nay-sayers nay-sayed. We have gotten some stuff on time AND the Phaser/Communicator 2-pack was three months early. I know, I know ... re-released product and all, but it was still early.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users