Photo

Any News about the TwT Kirk and Chair???

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 09:31 PM

The bump on the other thread reminded me to search Amazon, and behold, this is now back up for pre-order:
http://www.amazon.co...c/dp/B001O5C9JU

#22 Scarlet Spider

Scarlet Spider

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 10:12 PM

Still no picture though... I think it was mentioned we might be getting a look soon...

SS

#23 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 01:42 AM

They have a pic!!!
http://trekmovie.com...ates-pics-more/

#24 Scarlet Spider

Scarlet Spider

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 05:14 AM

Looks like the same old Kirk, I thought they said it would be different somehow, or perhaps I remembering incorrectly.

Looks like it comes with a pound of tribbles, thats pretty cool (though the ones in the photo are totally photoshopped) tongue.gif

SS

#25 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 05:56 AM

The Wave 5 Kirk is slightly different

#26 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 07:08 AM

It is theoretically possible that some of the parts (head?) may come from the upcoming Wave 5 Kirk, but the costume should be the same as the Wave 1 Kirk and I would bet it will actually be exactly the same as that one. It will surely have a different style/quality to the paint, as we've seen on all their other TOS re-issues. Really the only unique thing about this that we can't get in any other product will be the sounds in the chair. Also possibly the tribbles...but they might just be the same little craft store fuzzballs as in the AA Trials & Tribble-ations DS9 figures.

#27 Scarlet Spider

Scarlet Spider

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 07:34 AM

QUOTE (Whirlygig @ Apr 23 2009, 08:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
but the costume should be the same as the Wave 1 Kirk and I would bet it will actually be exactly the same as that one.

Yes, this is what I meant, I know that the Wave 5 Kirk is based off season 1, I was saying this Kirk looks like a re-issue, but I guess in light of the re-issues it makes sense, plus its a way for DST to cut costs and hopefully make more profit from this to pump into other projects...

SS

#28 Hirogen

Hirogen

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:39 AM

Very cool to offer this on Amazon, also there is a pic up on Amazon of this as well.

#29 Quadrotritacale

Quadrotritacale

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE (Whirlygig @ Apr 23 2009, 07:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is theoretically possible that some of the parts (head?) may come from the upcoming Wave 5 Kirk

Nope. Wave 5 Kirk is a vastly improved head sculpt. The only way I was going to buy this was if it used the same head as the Wave 5 Kirk, and instead they went with the same old mediocre old sculpt. Good to finally know I don't have to bother with this.

#30 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:24 PM

This is definitely a photoshopped mock-up so I wouldn't take anything in the picture as what's going to be available.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users