• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Hirogen

Hirogen

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 01:35 PM

Wow, I am really disapointed that there weren't any new figures shown at SDCC. I was hoping to catch a glimpse of Sg-1 wave 5 and SGA wave 4. Is this line dying like everyone online is saying?

#2 Hirogen

Hirogen

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 01:37 PM

If DST could makes the following figs and then call it quits, I would be happy,

Hammond
Landry
Frasier
Selmac/Jacob
Bratac
Apophis
Baal

Beckett
Ford
Todd the Wraith

#3 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 02:39 PM

QUOTE(The Green Lantern @ Jul 31 2008, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If DST could makes the following figs and then call it quits, I would be happy,

Hammond
Landry
Frasier
Selmac/Jacob
Bratac
Apophis
Baal

Beckett
Ford
Todd the Wraith

Those would definately be nice but out of that list I only realisticaly see Baal, Beckit, Ford, and maybe Apophis and Bratac being made. Only becasue they cold use existing bodys with new heads. And DST has already said they have a scan of the actor that played Baal. I see a few more paint variants of exisitng characters, a few more head scuplts and that will probably be it. I dont realy see any new sculpts int he future unless they feel that they can get more than one use out of it. Maybe a flight suit body for some ship commanders (Caldwell, Pendergast, Emerson. Marks, Ellis, And Syler even wore a full bosy suit similar to a flight suit) or a Mitchel and Shepard pilot version. So they could get a lot of figures from one body and a few new heads. I dont know if they could push usig the same body for Landry and Hammond.

#4 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 31 July 2008 - 04:25 PM

Im assuming that SG1 is done. I just cant see dst releasing another wvae of figures. im not even sure if SGA is going to continue at this point. Id love to see all those figures made especially Hammond. overall this is a nice line but it relied to heavily on repaints IMO.

#5 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 04:48 PM

Dont get me wrong. I have liked and bought every repaint they have made (with the exception of the blue Jackson. Why does his right arm look so short???) But I would love to see some new characters that are not wearing the standard off world uniform as well.

#6 Hirogen

Hirogen

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 05:43 PM

Unfortunatly, I have to agree jmw. Landry and Hammond will never get made, which is such a shame...the line isn't complete without at least Hammond.

Apophis could use the Jaffa body which is way to muscular but I will take it.

Baal as you said has a scan done

Frasier could use the offworld same body

Bratac could use the jaffa body

Backett could use the offworld uniform

Ford could also use the offworld uniform.

This line had such potential but DST didn't deliver imo.

#7 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 31 July 2008 - 05:43 PM

Thanks to Knightone, I am now addicted to these figures without ever watching the show. I would hope for more too because the SG1 figures have been really good IMO. I haven't picked up any of the SGA figures yet ... those will be a little later.

#8 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 07:11 PM

Jeremy, You realy should watch the show. Start from the beggining and watch them evolve.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users