Photo

SG area? BSG area?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

Poll: Do ya want it? Then vote!! (14 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote to add areas

1. SG area yes (1 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

2. SG area no (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. BSG area yes (2 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

4. BSG area no (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. No to both (3 votes [21.43%])

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

6. Yes to both (8 votes [57.14%])

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

Vote

#1 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 03:01 PM

Well I really do not collect outside the Trek line as most of you know, other then the old BSG prop. That being the case I do not read much of the SG stuff. That "not much being closer to zero really. I hated the movie..."yes I JUST learned to speak it" how dumb. Anyway I came to me today that although this is a forum on www.trektoy.com that members might have interest in a SG area. Cool with me so I figure, let's vote. Sunday night if the vote is right I will add a SG area and maybe a BSG one. I am trying hard not to start collecting BSG stuff although that 12" Cyclon I saw at Star Base Indy was ROCKEN!! cool.gif

Just so everyone understands I do not want to start having tons of areas. I like the forums very clean look. I would not want to add say-- Buffy to the forum.

Anyway you let me know what you want.

#2 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 04:59 PM

As far as im concerned, there doesnt have to be a special form for SG1, just allow more than one thread for members to post in in the "everything else" forum area.

#3 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 06:30 PM

Ok... The SG series is much much better than the movie.

I voted yes to both... I figure why not, but VF has a good point. I figure you could try it and if it doesn't go or gets too unweildy you can always delete it later.

#4 Captain Kidd

Captain Kidd

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 10:27 PM

I Voted yes to both. I do not however collect the BSG stuff however it would feel wrong that I vote for a SG form and not for a BSG form as i'm sure there are both fans on this form.

However. I see no problems keeping things status quo and having multiple threads about SG and BSG in the "everything else" as long as the thread are not all about the same topic. I can see that all the topics related the SG were merged together but there was different topics.

Free Jaffa Mail Away Figure
Replicarter
Jackson and Anubis
Etc..

I think these should have been left in there repective threads but hey I dont run the place. I just post were. Now you need to make sure that what you are reading is about the same topic that you are interested in. For example, the few last posts have been about the upcoming wave 2 but if I'm interested in the free exclusive Serpent Guard I feel that that topic is now dead and closed and I would feel like i'm being off topic some the topic is now wave 2.

Anyway, I'm not sure i'm making much sence. It's almost midnight here and an beat. But if this is making sence to you, just something to think about.

#5 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE(Captain Kidd @ Dec 9 2006, 11:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I Voted yes to both. I do not however collect the BSG stuff however it would feel wrong that I vote for a SG form and not for a BSG form as i'm sure there are both fans on this form.

However. I see no problems keeping things status quo and having multiple threads about SG and BSG in the "everything else" as long as the thread are not all about the same topic. I can see that all the topics related the SG were merged together but there was different topics.

Free Jaffa Mail Away Figure
Replicarter
Jackson and Anubis
Etc..

I think these should have been left in there repective threads but hey I dont run the place. I just post were. Now you need to make sure that what you are reading is about the same topic that you are interested in. For example, the few last posts have been about the upcoming wave 2 but if I'm interested in the free exclusive Serpent Guard I feel that that topic is now dead and closed and I would feel like i'm being off topic some the topic is now wave 2.

Anyway, I'm not sure i'm making much sence. It's almost midnight here and an beat. But if this is making sence to you, just something to think about.

My point exactly. There are many different things about the SG1 line that can be discussed so different threads should be allowed.

#6 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 12:58 AM

I don't feel there needs to be separate sections for SG and BSG, although I do collect merchandise from both. I also don't feel it was wrong to merge the threads together either. There are other boards on the internet devoted to both of those franchises and I go there when I want to discuss either show. This is mainly a Star Trek board. And, while I do enjoy bantering about those other shows and the merchandise based on them with the members here who may not be on those other sites, I feel it is more than sufficient to do that bantering on one or two threads. I don't need four or five threads on here about the same line or subject outside of Star Trek. I have other venues for that.

#7 krash

krash

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 07:29 AM

This is a forum about Trek Toys on a website called Trek Toy.com I would never look for SG information here. Still why not. I'm guessing that the idea behind this forum is about collecting. I voted...

#8 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 09:09 AM

I think that if enough members here want to discuss SG and BSG then we should have a spot for it but thats what I thought the everything else thread was for. I am happy with that spot. I do however believe that if a Mod thinks things are getting a little sloppy and needs to consolidate a few threads into one then the choice should be respected.

#9 pickard

pickard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 09:36 AM

QUOTE(JMW326 @ Dec 10 2006, 10:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think that if enough members here want to discuss SG and BSG then we should have a spot for it but thats what I thought the everything else thread was for. I am happy with that spot. I do however believe that if a Mod thinks things are getting a little sloppy and needs to consolidate a few threads into one then the choice should be respected.

I'd rather have multiple threads allowed in an "Everything Else" forum, but if people want an SG forum or a BG forum, that's fine also.

Honestly, this place isn't so busy that it warrants that many different sections.

I'd almost be happier with one section where everything is allowed, but I know that would have no support.

I realize this is a Trek Toy web site, but in reality it's a community of posters who like trek toys but who all have other interests. I think there's a great overlap in our interests. I know Don and I share a love of Highlander and Buffy. Many hear love Firefly and SG-1. And BG is the best show on television, so I'm sure it has a lot of fans.

From a toy perspective, there are so many great lines being put out now, by DST and others that they're going to be discussed. Even if no one hear watches Lost, it's likely someone is going to bring up the awesome figures McFarlane just released. And, of course, DST's other offerings are going to be a point of conversation.

That conversation is going to happen when like-minded people get together, regardless of the clear definition of the site as seen in the name.

Just my 2 cents.

#10 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 10:17 AM

I can see already that we are going to have a clear winner-- so it is taken care of. To be honest I like the BSG one and if Stargate makes the members happy-- then so be it. smile.gif

Poll closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users