• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Interests:Music, acting, theatre, film, arts in General

Check out my band: www.facebook.com/eastportslackers

Posted 25 August 2011 - 02:05 PM

Hi folks,

I'll post some pics of my customs here.

My Motion Picture-crew. This one has already been posted:

This one is a picture of season 1 Picard (correct legs), Riker, Worf (correct hairstyle), 2 O'Briens (seasons 1 & 2) and Picard seasons 3-7 with different legs. I couldn't stand that all the Picards in uniform sported wrong legs...

Random TNG, DS9 & VOY crewmembers. I'll have to scratch off the rankpins of Voyager's Ensign Vorik there:

#2 Daysleeper

Daysleeper

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 02:11 PM

This is my first try on Commodore Decker from one of my all time favorite episodes, "The Doomsday Machine" and some random crewmembers. But I'm not too happy with Decker. He definitely needs some cosmetic surgery. wink.gif

And this is some work in progress:
-Riker without the torn uniform
-Admiral Nechayev
-Admiral Pressman from "The Pegasus"
There's still some paintwork to be done...

I will post more in due course.

#3 padrig

padrig

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 10:11 AM

good figures
the season 1 riker looks very good

#4 Tomparis

Tomparis

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:43 PM

I agree the season 1 riker looks great. I also like the O'briens. The decker is kinda odd, so yea he doesnt need some cosmetic surgery lol

#5 Daysleeper

Daysleeper

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 01:21 AM

Thanks. The season 1 Riker was easy. Cadet Riker head on a season 2 Riker body...
I will re-do Commodore Decker soon, so new pics will be added asap, I hope. smile.gif

#6 Tomparis

Tomparis

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:11 AM

Well he's still good. i tried my hand at customs the other night and I failed hard lol. I put them in hot water and all that but some of there heads popped off and left stalks inside the body other wouldnt come off at all and one popped off and had the stalk still connected to his head. I also didnt seem to have a lot of variety so I really wasnt even able to do head swaps. they either wouldnt go in or wouldnt fit properly. I was able to get them all back together as they originally were with the exception of Dr. Crusher whos stalk wouldnt go all the way back and now she looks like she has the mumps lmao.

#7 Daysleeper

Daysleeper

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:50 AM

ROFL
Yeah, that happens. Sometimes it doesn't fit because the stems have different lengths and look stupid attached to some other torso.
You could also try to use a utility knife and cut the figures open along the seams. Then you'll have to glue the parts together, obviously, but I find it easier sometimes to work from there.
The Crushers and Trois have those funny black stems stuck into their hollow heads (no pun intended), whereas most of the other figures have the stems as a part of the head. But keep on trying, if you have some spare figures. It'll get better.

#8 Tomparis

Tomparis

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:14 AM

I may start looking into getting loose figures just for customizing. I really like mint on card stuff but i'm getting more and more interested in customizing. Then again I always find myself not wanting to rip them apart or cut them in anyway. Even with the doubles i tried it with the other day

#9 Daysleeper

Daysleeper

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 08:14 AM

Some new stuff:

This is my version of Commodore Robert T. April. I know, he was only seen in one animated episode, but I thought it would be cool to have him anyway. And there are two more TOS-crewmen with him.

And here's an updated version of my admirals (still not finished, yet) plus Commander Shelby from "The Best Of Both Worlds 1&2" and a more accurate Tasha Yar from "Yesterday's Enterprise".

A lot of blondes in this pic... wink.gif

#10 Tomparis

Tomparis

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 04:24 PM

I'm so jelly (jealous) of your customs man. I wish I was good at making them lol. I might just have you make me some when I get money or something lol

#11 Daysleeper

Daysleeper

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 02:22 AM

LOL and thanks.
I wish I had more time for customizing. I have about 100 custom projects pending but not enough time to work on them. wacko.gif Oh well, next weekend will be dedicated to customizing again. smile.gif

#12 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:05 AM

Would the male Admiral be Erik Pressman from TNG's "The Pegasus" as played by Terry O'Quinn of Lost fame?

#13 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:07 AM

QUOTE (Commodore Kor'Tar @ Sep 12 2011, 04:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Would the male Admiral be Erik Pressman from TNG's "The Pegasus" as played by Terry O'Quinn of Lost fame?

Edit:

*scrolls up and reads*

Oh it is, lol XD

Awesome work!

#14 Daysleeper

Daysleeper

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:09 AM

Yep, that's him. And the female is Admiral Nechayev. Gotta change her eye color next...

Thank you so much. smile.gif

#15 Pauln6

Pauln6

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:03 AM

QUOTE (Daysleeper @ Aug 25 2011, 03:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi folks,

I'll post some pics of my customs here.

My Motion Picture-crew. This one has already been posted:

This one is a picture of season 1 Picard (correct legs), Riker, Worf (correct hairstyle), 2 O'Briens (seasons 1 & 2) and Picard seasons 3-7 with different legs. I couldn't stand that all the Picards in uniform sported wrong legs...

Random TNG, DS9 & VOY crewmembers. I'll have to scratch off the rankpins of Voyager's Ensign Vorik there:

Lwaxana Troi's head makes a passable Chapel and there is a TOS Rand out there who would just require a hair resculpt - you should go the whole hog! Real kudos if you can make a DiFalco too wink.gif

#16 Daysleeper

Daysleeper

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:19 AM

I'll think about that. Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, the TMP-Uhura is rather hard to get here in Germany.
Btw, I've used the Lwaxana-head for the Romulan commander from "The Enterprise Incident". Haven't finished her, yet. Some corrections and some paintwork, and I'll post her here, too.

#17 Pauln6

Pauln6

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:09 AM

QUOTE (Daysleeper @ Sep 12 2011, 07:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll think about that. Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, the TMP-Uhura is rather hard to get here in Germany.
Btw, I've used the Lwaxana-head for the Romulan commander from "The Enterprise Incident". Haven't finished her, yet. Some corrections and some paintwork, and I'll post her here, too.

If you go on Ebay none of the figures are that hard to find. I'm not sure whose head would make a good Difalco though - she was quite pouty. I always wanted to do a full set of DST TMP crew, possibly with a crack at some of the aliens on the Rec Deck but they darn well stopped after Kirk and Spock.

#18 Daysleeper

Daysleeper

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 12:34 AM

If you go on Ebay none of the figures are that hard to find.
There are some rare figures on German eBay every now and then, but not always. eBay US looks good concerning the figures, but the shipping costs are very expensive most of the time...

But you're right, I should think about doing Rand, Chapel and DiFalco. I do have a spare Rand-figure, so that's a start.
And as for Di Falco: I thought about using the Edith-Keeler-face. Could work, if you ask me...

#19 Pauln6

Pauln6

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:02 AM

I found that the Playmates Rand is not a bad likeness if you scrape of the spray on makeup with a pin. I scraped off her lips so they were just slightly pink and gave her a bit of eyeliner and she looked just like Grace. Joan Collins isn't a bad likeness Marcy Lafferty either.

#20 Daysleeper

Daysleeper

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 03:14 AM

And more new stuff! This is my season 7 Worf and Generations Riker and Picard. I changed Picard's communicator to match his onscreen appearance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users