• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#101 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 07:39 PM

A lot of times the license doesn't cost anything, you just have to agree to the terms and pay the royalties once you actually make something.

#102 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 02:25 PM

Yeah, who wants a TNG tricorder...except almost every fan of TNG ever?  That would just be a stupid idea.  And how complicated, we can't possibly budget for more than 3 lights in a device, especially if they have to blink in some kind of screen accurate pattern!

I actually just bought a Playmates TNG tricorder, my first one ever, from a hobby shop a couple months ago.  Always wanted one.  It was still in the box with all stickers still on the sheet, and you bet your behind I applied them.  Meticulously, with tweezers!  I think it was $25 or so.  That will have to do me for now I guess.

I loved, loved, loved my TNG Tricorder as a kid. I thought it was just the coolest thing. I am not really sure what happened to it and my other role-play toys from Playmates, but I did end up getting the Medical Tricorder again. The thing is, I've been REALLY pleased with the quality of DST's role play stuff and I think they could do amazing things with the lights and sounds. I actually wanted to get a DST TOS Tricorder, but man the prices on those have gone up.

#103 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 04:18 PM

I actually wanted to get a DST TOS Tricorder, but man the prices on those have gone up.

This is actually a good question to pose to DST.... if secondary prices are on the rise then it means they need to do another run! But... I see they stil have the Medical Tri for sale on their own site... and they Sci Tri can be purchased as part of the 3 pack.... but the Med Tri is $60... and is that too much? or what price are you seeing?

#104 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:50 PM

#105 Zodou

Zodou

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:51 PM

I used to be a devout purchaser of everything DST Trek, with exception of the figures. Until the NX Excelsior, which was a hot mess of cracked, broken plastic and sloppy glue treatment. Well, I didn't want this garbage so I actually had to take a loss to return it to the online retailer! $20 down the drain. After that, I said no more. I won't buy a DST product unless I can see it in person, but their distribution being what it is, finding one in a store is almost impossible (for me). That and the prices are outrageous and quality slipshod. I got the ST: III Phaser and love it, but those ships... wow. I don't think I can, in good conscience, buy another DST Trek ship. I skipped the BOP, I didn't even know it had come out, that's the extent to which I've checked out of the DST scene. 

DST needs to get their s**t together regarding quality control for me to come back. Greed and Capitalism being what they are, that will (likely) never happen. 

#106 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:16 AM

You clocked out way too soon.  The Klingon BOP and the Romulan BOP are excellent and from what Ive seen the QC is pretty good all around.

#107 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:46 AM

Honestly, I'm no fan of DST in their current form. Most of you know that...but, the most recent ships have been been pretty good and I will give credit where credit is do. I had no problems with my Excelsior, Klingon BoP or Ent B. I never got the ToS Romulan bop because I just think it's ugly as hell. Zodou, you must have just got a bad one. It happens in every line that every company has.

#108 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:00 AM

Yeah, I have to say, although I hate how long the development times are on their products, I can't really fault the quality overall. I haven't gotten the BOP or Romulan ship yet. Enemy ships are just lower priority to me. But I'd love to get them at some point.

#109 Nigel

Nigel

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 07:31 AM

I noticed some re-issues of the TOS phaser and communicator showing up online with the brand new packaging look. I think there are some other re-issues also. It's the same packaging design as is being used by McFarlane. ebay had a 10% off deal on toys yesterday and I picked up a DST TOS phaser. It's my first ever DST role playing toy, can't wait to get it. Of course this means I'll have to get a Captain Kirk costume eventually and a communicator and tricorder :P

#110 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 07:00 PM

IMO... the Role play has been some of DSTs best offerings. 

#111 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 07:10 AM

So correct me if I'm wrong but now we are coming up on 2 years, if we round up, since the info that DST still had some sort of a license and "expanded" it at that... And we have literally 0 in hand to show for it? Yuuuuuup.... I did see the packaged JJverse figures posted so those might make it in under the 2 year mark...maybe...

#112 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 05:30 PM

Yeah... They haven't put anything out thats translated to sale for me in years.

#113 DSTZach

DSTZach

I can stop I just don't want to.

• VIP
  • 696 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 02:36 PM

So correct me if I'm wrong but now we are coming up on 2 years, if we round up, since the info that DST still had some sort of a license and "expanded" it at that... And we have literally 0 in hand to show for it? Yuuuuuup.... I did see the packaged JJverse figures posted so those might make it in under the 2 year mark...maybe...

JJ figures hit 1/30. Borg I've seen a loose sample. Ent-C, Reliant and Phaser are at the factory in various stages of finalization. Working on an SDCC exclusive item, as well. 

#114 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 03:38 PM

Will we see Reliant again at Toy Fair or SDCC?

#115 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 06:12 PM

JJ figures hit 1/30. Borg I've seen a loose sample. Ent-C, Reliant and Phaser are at the factory in various stages of finalization. Working on an SDCC exclusive item, as well. 

Zach! Great to hear from you! thanks for stopping by... I still want that phaser... any Idea if I'll have it for Christmas?? Or is it still more than year out?

#116 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 05:37 AM

Good to hear Zach.  Really looking forward to the C!

#117 DSTZach

DSTZach

• VIP
  • 696 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 08:54 AM

Zach! Great to hear from you! thanks for stopping by... I still want that phaser... any Idea if I'll have it for Christmas?? Or is it still more than year out?

Not sure, that one still has a lot of questions

#118 DSTZach

DSTZach

• VIP
  • 696 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 08:54 AM

Will we see Reliant again at Toy Fair or SDCC?

Not Toy Fair. HOPEFULLY SDCC

#119 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 09:32 PM

Not sure, that one still has a lot of questions

If we are talking about the TNG phaser and if the questions revolve around toy gun legislation then market it as a toy dustbuster. We will still buy it.

#120 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 10:37 PM

Will we see the Enterprise-C again at toy fair.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users