• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#1 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 08:26 PM

Did anyone else know about these figures? Apparently they come out next month !!!!

http://www.bigbadtoy...amp;mode=retail

Data, Worf, and Picard are in the first assortment.... They better be pretty nice with that 120.00 price tag !!! Worf's Sash looks really cheap...I hope its a prototype.

#2 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 08:32 PM

OOps.... Sorry I didnt see the thread dedicated to this !!!!

#3 A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE (Prometheus @ Jun 19 2009, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They better be pretty nice with that 120.00 price tag !!! Worf's Sash looks really cheap...I hope its a prototype.

For $120, they can keep 'em. They're not that nice. None of the sculpts really look great... OK, but not great.... and Worf looks downright aweful.... the uniforms look very ill-fitting.

#4 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 11:56 PM

Yeah. For $120, the likenesses aren't very good. Pass.

#5 NCC-1701

NCC-1701

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 12:11 AM

The hand grips look like GI-Joes. And, agreed that for 120.00, they look pretty inferior. I wonder how much of the inflated 120.00 price tag is due to the licensing fee. sad.gif

#6 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 20 June 2009 - 04:23 AM

All of the figures look pretty inferior to even consider spending $20 let alone plunking down $120 for them . At this rate they've made a group of shelf warmers .

#7 New Frontier

New Frontier

I know FHC by name.

• Suspended
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek: The Original Series <br />Graphic Design <br />Star Trek 2009 <br />Model Making <br /><br />

Posted 20 June 2009 - 04:38 AM

PM's versions of the movie characters look as good if not better, nah I really hope Hot Toys picks up a license.

#8 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 06:00 AM

I am not impressed at all. They look about as bad as those Applause vinyl figures from the 90's. Unless they jack up the quality before these are released or cut at least 75% off of the price, these are definite shelf warmers. I would like to see what a TOS line would look like, especially a Spock, but at those prices, it better come with a Phaser, Tricorder and Communicator that look real.

#9 Hermey the Elf

Hermey the Elf

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 10:49 AM

I'll pass, but they don't like quite as bad as DST's 1/6th scale figz of Kirk and Spock.

#10 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE (Hermey the Elf @ Jun 20 2009, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll pass, but they don't like quite as bad as DST's 1/6th scale figz of Kirk and Spock.

Dst's UQS Star Trek figures may not look that good, but they are 6" taller, have sound bytes,a stand, and come with Accessories and 1/3 the price of the Dragon figures.

#11 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 07:34 PM

Rick at NewForce said he will have these up for presell shortly.

Forbidden Planet has them up:

Love Spot! happy.gif
http://forbiddenplan.../?tag=star-trek

I'm not entirely sure if I will buy them yet. It is the big trio of TNG, so I wonder if they would even make a second assortment?

And if they did it would undoubtedly be Riker, Troi & Geordi leaving poor Bev out in the cold as usual. sad.gif

#12 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 07:50 PM

If they made a Spock, i might spend $116 USD on one of these 12" figures, but i cant see spending that kind of money on Picard, Worf or Data even though i like the characters.

#13 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 18 March 2010 - 08:37 PM

Heck , I'm a Worf fan from way back , and I can't see dropping that kinda cash for a 12" figure of him .

#14 thecapn

thecapn

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 05:40 AM

I think you guys have to remember that these figures aren't being marketed to this group for the most part...they're for the 1/6" scale collector. Hot Toys, Enterbay, etc, make a killing on 1/6" scale figures running over $100 a piece. You DEFINITELY get what you pay for, as the quality is unmatched if you're into the scale and the style. However, most people aren't too happy with these. The sculpts are subpar...ESPECIALLY Worf, and the Dragon bodies are outdated. The clothing doesn't even fit too well. I'm going to wait and see if they're worth it before I pick any up.

Oh, and BBTS has them up too for $80...a little more tolerable.

#15 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 21 March 2010 - 11:26 AM

For even $80 I would expect something as simple as the sleeves being the correct length....

#16 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 12:30 PM

Does'nt Dragon show at the NYC toyfair? Why didnt we see anything, like some updated pics of these figures there? Just looking back at this thread, you can see that apparently these have been delayed by at least a year. I sure wouldnt plunk down any cash on anything looking as bad as those figures and they cant so much as get a updated pic of them somewhere?

Also, if this is supposed to be the first set of three, how about some info about possible future releases that might tempt someone to think about collecting the whole series.

#17 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 05:50 PM

does anyone have the Direct link to the Dragon Toys Website? I can't seem to find it, or can't find their logo anywhere. I need it for Rick's NFC Main Site

#18 thecapn

thecapn

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 07:00 PM

This is their US distributor site:

http://www.dragonmodelsusa.com/

#19 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:54 AM

Thanks =) That helps a lot, Now I can use that logo for Ricks Site

#20 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:06 AM

If they ever get to do TOS, I really hope they up the quality.... because these just ain't that good.

Sallah

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users