Photo

BSG "Blood and Chrome"

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:23 AM

It looks like we will be getting a new BSG series. This one will be set durring the first Cylon war. When Adama was just an ensign aboard the Galactica (like the flash backs in Razor). I personaly think this is great news and am really looking forward to it.

BSG

#2 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 11:26 AM

I agree. WAY better idea then that thing they got now I can't hardly watch.

#3 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 03:33 PM

I actually like Caprica. It's a nice change of pace. I don't want a spin-off series to just be a carbon copy of the original. It does well to expand the mythos and universe of the twelve colonies.

Although it will be cool to see the events of the Cylon War.

#4 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 05:17 PM

I've just watched season 1 of Caprica, and at the same time, Season 1 of SGU... I have to agree that Caprica isn't as good as BSG was, but I like it way more than SGU.

SGU isn't bad, but the bits where they use the stones to inhabit other peoples bodies and then do stuff like have sex... really creeps me out. I get they are trying to do character development with it, but I find it creepy none-the-less.

Caprica, on the other hand is trying to do character development and build up the characters a bit slower then they did in BSG, and in a different manner. I think my biggest critique of Caprica is it shouldn't have had any tie to BSG via Adama. They seemed to have jumped right into the the idea of Sentient Cylons, when I would have expected to see a more gradual transition.

Anyhow, I think this could be interesting, as it would be about 8 years after Caprica and 40 years before BSG so you have a 10 year period to work with. At least thats how I understand it...

#5 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 05:35 PM

QUOTE (Gothneo @ Oct 25 2010, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've just watched season 1 of Caprica, and at the same time, Season 1 of SGU... I have to agree that Caprica isn't as good as BSG was, but I like it way more than SGU.

I really liked SG1 and SGA, but SGU is unbearable,ughhhh. I watched a few episodes of Caprica, but i lost interest and not really planning to ever watch any more of it. The new idea for BSG sounds interesting as long as i dont have to watch all of the sex plots that they had in the BSG reboot. Please more action in space, not in the bed!!

#6 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 06:07 PM

I have to agree completely. At times BSG got to be a bit much. Caprica is really really slow... and I don't expect it to last more than two seasons, but maybe that's all they wanted from it.

and yes, again have to agree... SGU needs to go away...

#7 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 06:12 PM

I do not know the name of the girl that plays the girl / cylon, but she reminds me of Zooey Deschanel and other then the Hitchhikers Guild to the Universe, I can't take more then 5 minutes of her and I can't hardly watch the first girl either.

#8 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 06:42 PM

I tried to watch Caprica but can't do it. It's pretty hard to watch. I like SGU much better.

#9 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:07 PM

She does have striking resemblance to Zooey Deschanel. Fortunately, it seems like she doesn't really have allot of speaking time... the story (for season 1 anyway) has focused a bit more on the two families and about fleshing out more of the BSG universe mythos.

Its kind of dragging out though... and admittedly, I thought BSG season 3 & 4 dragged a bit too.

They are obviously trying to build it to more of "Soap Opera" serialized drama, but I really liked the pacing of BSG S1 & S2, if they had picked up the pace and compressed S3 & S4 into a single season I think it would have been an absolute master piece.

So that seems to be what they are doing with Caprica. Instead of planning a 2 or 3 season show that really has a good pace, I think they are taking it slow hoping they can run it out for 4 to 5 seasons... when there probably just isn't that much story to tell.

The question will be... will they be able to wrap Caprica up neatly so the new series can bridge the gap between the birth of the Cylon and the second Cylon War?

#10 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:34 AM

If Caprica can last long enough on the air to get the BSG B&C series going, it may renew interest in it and increase the viewership.

#11 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:46 AM

The good news is that this new show is supposed to be more like the first two seasons of BSG then the last two. I thought the last two dragged a bit as well.

#12 eti

eti

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek (TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY)<br />Battlestar Galactica (1978 &amp; 2003)<br />Stargate SG1 &amp; Atlantis<br />Star Wars<br />V (1984)<br />Aliens<br />Civil Aviation

Posted 26 October 2010 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE (JMW326 @ Oct 26 2010, 12:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I tried to watch Caprica but can't do it. It's pretty hard to watch. I like SGU much better.

I'm the same, thanks JMW326 for the news on the new BSG series

#13 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:37 PM

I just finished watching disc 4 of season 1.0, and yeah... its dragging bad.

You just don't really care much about the characters, and the most interesting bit is about the birth of the AI that brings the cylons to life, and they really aren't focusing much on that aspect of the story.

#14 Alex

Alex

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 05:31 PM

Hot on the heels of the announcement of Blood & Chrome (which I'm admittedly looking forward to,) was the announcement that I saw earlier this morning stating that Caprica had been canceled. I can't remember if there's one more episode this year airing next week or not, but the remaining five will air in 2011 "at a date and time to be determined," according to the press release that Entertainment Weekly picked up. (I found said press release linked to from another forum.)

I have to say, I'm not happy about the cancellation of Caprica, but I'm even less happy about SyFy dragging it out in what seems like a blatant attempt to buy time until Blood & Chrome is released. I'm glad that they're going to finish the show, all 18 episodes of it, but I'm disappointed that they're not just going to run them as planned, especially given that they're already completed and waiting to be shown. Why SyFy is "sitting" on them is beyond me; I'd think that they'd want to distance Blood & Chrome from Caprica if it did as poorly in the ratings as the SyFy press release implied.

Furthermore, I think that SyFy is canceling Caprica prematurely; they ran BSG 1.0, 2.0, 2.5, and then did a 180 on style and ran season 3.0, realized it didn't work, did a full 360 back to the original style and ran seasons 4.0 and 4.5. If the style that's been used for season 1.0 and 1.5 of Caprica isn't working, why not just finish up the season, do a 180 on the style, and produce a short season 2.0 under the condition that if things don't improve, the show will be canceled? At best, this would give us a shot at a continued show with some improvements, and at worst it'd give Caprica a proper finale, and potentially hint at Blood & Chrome. If SyFy wants to drag Caprica into 2011, I only wish that they'd do it in a way that would wrap up the series.

As far as I can tell, Blood & Chrome is still on; for all we know it went into development as a result of Caprica's ratings not doing very well and BSG still being popular. I have to say, I'm not happy about the cancelation in the slightest; I was really beginning to enjoy Caprica, and the most recent episode that aired on Tuesday was one of my favorites so far.

I have high hopes for Blood & Chrome though, but I really wish SyFy would stop with the stupid "season x.0" and "season x.5" numbering system. I didn't like it with BSG, and I don't like it with Caprica or SGU which seems to have picked up the .5 system as well. I think what really hurt Caprica was the two-year delay from the initial announcement of a BSG prequel, coupled with roughly a year between the pilot being released on DVD and the show premiering, as well as the Friday night timeslot and lack of series promotion outside of SyFy itself. I hope that Blood & Chrome fares better though, I really do.

#15 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 08:06 PM

I'm not surprised. Really, Caprica should have been like a 4 hour mini series... it would have forced them to pick up the pace and get to the point!

#16 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:16 AM

i always thought caprica would go where blood and chrome is going. apparently we are just skipping the middle

#17 Tomparis

Tomparis

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 09:49 PM

looks like blood and chrome is getting pushed back to next yr. there are even talks of just making it a web series.....sad sad.gif

http://www.capricatv...re-in-2012.html

http://thelazygeeks....-be-web-series/

#18 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 24 September 2011 - 11:01 AM

a web series would be terrible mainly because im sure they wouldnt put a lot of resources into it.

#19 Tomparis

Tomparis

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 03:46 PM

yes, it would be, though there have been some good web series....but most usually fail and have bad acting. So we'll see. Im glad they are bringing back the guy who played young adama in razor.

#20 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:07 PM

UHG !!!! Web series !!! Horrible news.... I hope this just turns out to be a false report. I was really looking forward to this one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users