#42 Captain Kidd

Captain Kidd

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 07:17 AM

QUOTE(NewForceComics @ Aug 30 2006, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hello all (and gothneo)...
The Pike is our exclusive ...AFX did buy some from us, but you could have saved some $ by ordering direct from us smile.gif, and Pat just emailed saying one of his customers had one with a broken head...so, rather than send to Pat, and have pat send to you, if you (gothneo) will email me your addy at newforcecomics@aol.com, we will shoot you one direct...
thanks
rick

That is some dame good service.

#43 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 07:58 AM

QUOTE(Captain Kidd @ Aug 31 2006, 06:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is some dame good service.

Yes it is... and unexpected as well, previously when I had a defective figure the new one came directly from DST, so I assumed that they got compensated in some small manner.

What's more impressive is the fine co-operation between what is technically competitors.

As for why I didn't order it from NFC first? Well I had not found this fine forum yet and I honestly didn't realize it was a NFC exclusive until I got it the other day! (thus the question above)

Also AFX sells some lines I collect that NFC doesn't carry so I have their 10% discount thingy since I buy alot from them... so when it was all said and done my cost was actually $22.49... $2.50 more than NFC (they pre-sold it for $24.99 less the 10% discount). And I was preording a whole bunch of other stuff at the time!

But I do buy from NFC as well, and am currently planning to get my Wave 3 from them smile.gif

Thanks again NFC!

#44 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 31 August 2006 - 04:35 PM

Here are some more pics for you all.

Overall, I really like Pike. The neck is not as annoying as I thought it was going to be. For those of you who custom, you might be able to pull the shirt down far enough and glue it to the chest ... pulled down he has a good neck. WARNING - The paint on the shirt insignia will wear off though if you rub it. Try not to pull or push at that spot when trying to position the shirt.

#45 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 31 August 2006 - 04:36 PM

#46 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 04:53 PM

Slayer, please let Vina dance for him. I was going to post a shot of those two, but my flash is always too bright.

#47 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 06:09 PM

Here you go ...

#48 ECH

ECH

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 06:09 PM

The figure is fine, but it's not Pike that interests me as much as that chair does. It looks rather good, although I have to say that Martian-type light from War of the Worlds just annoys me. Kirks chair is better in that respect.

I'll just have to wait and see if they do Picard in his chair and hopefully unsure.gif its the captains chair from the Enterprise E.

#49 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 06:15 PM

He actually looks pretty good standing...from front on.

I think I will end up slicing a bit off the bottom of the tunic so's he can sit there looking good.

Though I will likely wait & see if they make any more people from 'The Cage' before I buy Pike.

I'm more into ensemble displays rather than a singular piece. Give me Number One & Gary Mitchell & I'm there! biggrin.gif

Great chair too....very nice looking. I don't think I'd buy the Kirk with the funky viewer on chair, so that also tempts me more to pick up Pike.

#50 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 06:18 PM

This is a nice place you have here Mr. Cookie!

#51 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 06:21 PM

Those shots of Vina and Pike are borderlining on racy, wonder what happened after the camera shut down? Probably the same thing that happened when Jules got that harem of Troi's for her Shinzon!

#52 NewForceComics

NewForceComics

Trek Toy's Official Vendor

• VIP
  • 219 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 06:22 PM

hello all...
wanted to clarify...when you purchase a run, like an exclusive, a defective allowance is built into the price...so, while we don't get reimbursed by DST, there theoretically is already some "cushion" there for defectives...however, in today's high gas/shipping cost world, we do loose money when we have to ship replacements for defective manufacturing
rick

#53 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 06:25 PM

laugh.gif Or did you mean like this?

Vina does the booty dance ...

PS - Please feel free to erase if this is to mature for the board ... just thought it was fun! wink.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif

#54 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE(VulcanFanatic @ Aug 31 2006, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Those shots of Vina and Pike are borderlining on racy, wonder what happened after the camera shut down? Probably the same thing that happened when Jules got that harem of Troi's for her Shinzon!

VF, if any of the pics are truely offensive and you are being serious, let me know and I will certainly take them down. The only one I see semi-racey is the 4th one (and of course my funny booty dance one) and her hand is actually on his thigh. The pants are just very dark.

Let me know!

#55 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 06:52 PM

I was really kidding, but my Vulcan humor is often misunderstood. I see nothing wrong with the pics at all, i think they are great, thanks for posting them!

#56 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 08:49 PM

Ok cool ... just checking. Humor is so ... illogical ... but fun!

#57 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 11:36 PM

QUOTE(slayerone76 @ Sep 1 2006, 12:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok cool ... just checking. Humor is so ... illogical ... but fun!

laugh.gif ...awww....slayerone, you always seem so cute & innocent...were you really born in 1976??

I love you pics man...or lass? the last pic is awesome.

I have a lot of troubles with lighting when I try & do pics. Many have said to buy those proper lights with the fabric stuff reflecting the light....I should do that...but never think of it when I'm in town. Would you buy them from camera shops or would department stores carry them?

I know I should just go look..but I try not to go down town too often smile.gif

#58 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 07:33 PM

So...

It looks like my replacement Pike is shipping for DST?

It even shows up on my DST account!

I find that interesting and confusing after what Rick was saying...

It seems like it's being sent from DST?!

Not sure I understand how the complex world of Selling toys works yet!

#59 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 07:38 PM

Wonder why a Pike shows up in your account even though they are not even being sold in the DST store?

#60 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 08:37 PM

Well... last time I had a defective figure, AFX got it replaced from DST...

I'm thinking it's the same thing this time, but I don't really know... Rick was saying that they have to ship from their stock.... so I dunno!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users