Where We're Best Off......

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Art Asylum 7" Star trek action figures.

Star trek & writing fan fiction.

Posted 28 August 2006 - 03:40 AM

Believe me, if the new AA forum lasts for more than another month I'll eat my shoes! ohmy.gif

In the Star Trek forum now that people aren't falling out over the series, they're falling out over the toys!!

You can't express an opinion there without getting flamed if someone doesn't agree with you. It all started with a member who happens to share (unfortunately) the same surname as me calling people names for expressing something he doesn't agree with, and before you know it, you dare not utter a single word against AA or DST policy without getting flamed or having your maturity called into question! mad.gif

At least here, we can share our hobbies ~ the good, the bad and the ugly without getting flamed.

The new forum is actually a worse place to hang out than the old one was latterly.

The AA site is certainly not "better than ever" like the site admin claims, and I'm certainly not hanging around to have the piss taken out of me for being a completist.

I tell you, the whole site is rapidly going to hell. tongue.gif

#2 UFP-1701

UFP-1701

Once upon a time...

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 03:55 AM

Well I have to agree, I pop in from time to time and there is a LOT of anger floating around, not sure who or what most of them are angry at and I still cannot get use to that funky forum and the layout.

#3 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 04:47 AM

I wish I had time to vist over there but I just don't. My life, this forum, and the Prop forum that Roger and I have takes up too much time to wonder around much.

I have no ill will to the AA forum it's sort of like the big brother to this forum. Hign interest there means more Trek and maybe more folks stopping by here on their way out of the internet town, so to speak.

#4 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 05:54 AM

I don't go to the AA board myself. I signed on about three weeks ago under an alias and had a little joust with ST:E, and after two days with it I got bored and havn't been back. I like hanging with the jokesters at heart, and they are here.

#5 pickard

pickard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 06:04 AM

I haven't made it over there too often.

The few times I've been there, I found the place either annoying or boring.

I'm happy here.

#6 LocutusOfTuborg

LocutusOfTuborg

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 07:19 AM

I'm posting over there as well, but what is happening lately (see Jules "completist" remark) is very strange...
...how quick the overall mood is changing there and everything gets hostile.

Hm. Usually I choose to simply ignore threads, that change like that...

...and here at FHC's it feels much more like home... smile.gif

LoT

#7 Captain Kidd

Captain Kidd

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 07:34 AM

I haven't even bothered signup. I checked it out when it opened and haven't been back since. But from what Jules said I'm glad I didn't. This foums is much better and more like the AA forum that once was. Before the club and all the negativity. This place is much more enjoyable.

#8 DavAnthony

DavAnthony

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 10:25 AM

I agree completely and I never even bothered registering when the AA forums returned. I was annoyed for a few reasons but I just don't like the tone over there.
This place is more enjoyable and easy going. After all Star Trek and it's related merchandise are hobbies not Life so I see no reason to want to decimate another person for sharing a different opinion on an internet board about a fictional product.
I like it here.

#9 ECH

ECH

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 10:55 AM

I second that!

I pop over now and again, just to see what's going on and add a token remark or two. I much prefer this place, its alot more friendly and does remind me of what the AA fourm used to be like. I suppose fourms tend to go downhill the more members it accumulates , at least in my experience (which isn't much really). It's a shame.

And the layout is all wrong there too. rolleyes.gif

#10 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 12:24 PM

I check it out every now and then but it has a very bad vibe and I don't see any of the problems from the last one fixed at all. It is much friendlier here from the members and the staff.

#11 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 04:02 PM

Art Asylum site
gets crappier all the time
Hooray for fathead

Haiku mood today! laugh.gif

#12 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 04:40 PM

QUOTE(JulesLuvsShinzon @ Aug 28 2006, 05:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can't express an opinion there without getting flamed if someone doesn't agree with you. It all started with a member who happens to share (unfortunately) the same surname as me calling people names for expressing something he doesn't agree with, and before you know it, you dare not utter a single word against AA or DST policy without getting flamed or having your maturity called into question! mad.gif

I tell you, the whole site is rapidly going to hell. tongue.gif

I notice that that person, who if im right, is a member here as well, hasnt posted in this thread. For the record, everyone has a right to his or her own opinion, but not to put others down for their opinion, even if you feel they are wrong.

#13 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 28 August 2006 - 05:21 PM

Everyone, thank you for your kind words about our community. Believe me when I say it's all thanks to everyone's participation that the forum is doing so well, not to mention all of the hard work everyone is putting in behind the scenes. Hopefully this community will continue to grow as word gets out through word of mouth smile.gif

#14 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 05:38 PM

Hey, haven't been on the forum since last night, so I didn't see this thread until now. wink.gif

I agree, the atmoshpere is a lot better here. It's much more balanced and certain patterns of behavior seem much more restrained here. I don't know if people feel that DST and AA keep a closer eye on that board so they feel they will get more attention from them or if it is just that more members over there are more prone to jumping on the "bash the PTB" bandwagon, but it's far more volatile environment over there. Maybe it's because that's a company run board and this is FHC's board and people keep things friendly out of respect for Mark. Whatever the reasons, there has never been much behavior here from what I've seen that would cause tempers to flare. I think, for the most part, the members here keep things pretty friendly, to each other and to the retailers and the manufacturers. So yes, I like things a lot better here as well.

#15 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 06:42 PM

I guese I'm used to seeing how un-civil the SuperHero type boards get. You have alot more teens on those and they just get very hormonal fast it seems. So I didn't think the AA board was too bad compaired to some of those, but maybe I didn't spend enough time reading the threads.

Any way I like it here as well, but we should make sure that thsi thread doesn't come off as arrogant (not that I think it does) in any way, because if it does the next thing you'll see is a thread on AA bashing everyone here for being Eliteist... which again I don't think it is, I've just seen that type of thing happen before is all I'm saying

#16 jason

jason

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 07:56 PM

I never joined the other board but I have enjoyed joining this board and discussing Trek toys. Plus this is a great place where I can come and get info on this line and not have to try track it down in other places where it may be mixed in with stuff I dont care at all about. There is no site like Rebelscum or Galactic Hunter for Star Wars that just post news everyday about Star Trek collectibles

#17 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 07:58 PM

Well as I have said before and I will say again, I do not want to compete with AA for anything. This is a Trek Forum for people that want to and do collect Trek stuff. I do not limit it to just figures but to role-play items, ships or models. If it is a trek item then it has a place to be talked about here. From custom things to prop's made from kits I love them all. This forum grew out of my love of collecting and my interest in computers, websites and how things like that work. There is no hidden agenda to do anything else. If I wanted to just be a lead Admin somewhere and push an agenda, I could have stayed at the forums that I was running; I think that we all know what they were. Members here should post at AA as well as here. Encourage the AA forum to be different if you want change. I do not have the time with family, school, and this forum to be there but it was the first forum that I ever stayed at and called home. I tried to help the AACC as much as I could even to the point of spending my own money (somewhere around $300.00) to get people items when I could. At the same time watched my little stars (if you were not there then you have no idea what I am talking about) fall at the same time. AA was home and I wish it the best. My forum was up for close to a year and I never promoted it. Members here have found it on there own or from help from another member here but I have told almost no one.

Now if you like it here then that makes me happy. If you like the way I run the operation that makes me happy as well. I just like to post about Trek and to be honest I an only interested in Trek unless they are going to make new Trek minimites. Therefore, if you are like me and you want to be a member here then that makes me happy knowing that like-minded people are here. I have some experience as an Admin and I think that I am fair and open-minded and that forums do not need tons of rules and staff that carry them out like mindless drones. That statement is not directed at any other forum but as a statement of how I run the forums that I Admin on. On this forum there is only one rule,
Play nice or go home.
It's simple and it covers just about everything.

Again, I am glad that everyone likes it here so far but if you have a problem contact me and lets see if we can work it out.

P.S. It is a great forum isn't it. smile.gif

#18 krash

krash

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 09:49 PM

FHC, I would like to say that this is one of the best Trek Forums on the net right now. You have done a great job with this and you should be proud of what you have done. I don't post much but I read all the posts and this could shape up to be a truly great forum. smile.gif My thanks for all your hard work. That goes as well to the rest of the staff.

#19 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 28 August 2006 - 09:55 PM

You are all SUCK UPS! wink.gif Just remember ... I sucked up first ...

#20 Mason

Mason

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 423 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Collecting Action Figures, Collecting DVD's

Posted 29 August 2006 - 12:09 AM

I'd just like to echo everyones thoughts here. I've only been to the AA site a couple of times after signing up and it is both boring (to be at and look at) and frustrating (those flamers Jules was talking about). They dug their own grave by being gone for so long in the first place...good riddance to them. I'm much happier here!! smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users