• Please log in to reply
481 replies to this topic

#21 Samwise Gamgee

Samwise Gamgee

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 03:36 PM

Check out the latest DST radical confidential, but be prepared to roflmao.gif . (not in a good way)

I don't know who that's supposed to be. blink.gif
Even after downloading the pdf for a nice high-res pic, he just looks...off.

#22 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 04:56 PM

Let's keep in mind that these are very early prototypes. The articulation hasn't even been added yet. So it's early yet. But yes, there is a lot of room for improvement. My first impressions of the pic:

Offworld Vala still needs some workm especially in the head and hair. I like what they are doing with the uniform, though with the jacket cropped up and open to show cleavage. Very Vala-esque.

Mitchell's face looks too similar to the O'Neill figures. It looks like they are prototyping him on a wave 1 body too. That will probably be changed before release to a newer style body with knee articulation. Hopefully, at least.

Hmm, Jackson looks like a T-shirt figure, like black ops Teal'c. Well, as long as he comes with a vest, I can do without a jacket. Although a jacket would have been nicer. I like the head wrap, though. It sets him apart. Oh well, you could always do a head or torso swap with a black ops O'Neill to get a jacketed version.

I think Vala in corset and the Ori Prior look great. Pretty close to perfection. Just need to add articulation and I hope the production figures look nearly as good.

#23 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 05:47 PM

Yes they are early prototypes but I like them. They can use a little work but they still look good. I look forward to adding them to my collection.

#24 Hirogen

Hirogen

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 07:47 PM

I

#25 Samwise Gamgee

Samwise Gamgee

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 09:35 PM

Sorry, I wasn't sure whether to make a new thread or not. Maybe they could be merged as DST's Stargate line.

I have to say, I am just baffled by Mitchell's likeness. unsure.gif I don't see how they could do so well on all of the others and yet he is so sub-par. Hopefully he'll change, but Daniel and Jack didn't exactly change much from their prototypes. I know I've said it before, but it seems AA is the only company to have better looking production samples than prototypes. (most of the time)

#26 Captain Kidd

Captain Kidd

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 08:12 AM

I'm still waiting for mine sad.gif Is there still people here waiting to get theres. It's been about a month and a half that I sent in the UPCs. How long did it take for those who have received it to get it?

Should I contact DST? What is DST's contact info?

Thanks

#27 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 09:59 AM

I got mine exactly two weeks after I sent the UPC's out.

#28 Captain Kidd

Captain Kidd

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 10:38 AM

Ok. With me living in Canada I would have expected it winthin a month. If anyone know how to contact DST regarding this issue please let me know.

#29 Hirogen

Hirogen

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE(Captain Kidd @ Oct 2 2006, 09:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok. With me living in Canada I would have expected it winthin a month. If anyone know how to contact DST regarding this issue please let me know.

http://www.diamondselecttoys.com/

then click Contact on the menu running across the top. (There is an email address there0.
Good Luck.

#30 Captain Kidd

Captain Kidd

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 10:25 AM

Thanks. I found it from home. For some reason my work servers block the site from loading in full. It loads somethings but not all.

#31 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 10:44 AM

I have had pretty good results from DST's customer service. Good luck.

#32 The_Donster

The_Donster

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 06 October 2006 - 12:56 AM

Something to add, I believe DSTMatt is a member here as well huh.gif Not sure about Chuck, but I think Matt keeps tabs on what's going on in the forum, he's just more like a ninja.gif about it biggrin.gif BTW, let's see some pics of the figure gang. I still haven't picked up my complete set yet, so I haven't had a chance to send that or my Tapestry Picard offer in yet. Debating on if I should send them in seperately or together though unsure.gif

#33 Captain Kidd

Captain Kidd

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 07:36 AM

I sent an e-mail to DST Customer Service two days ago and have yet to hear back from them. This is not looking good. If DST Matts around I hope he can post.

#34 Captain Kidd

Captain Kidd

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE(JMW326 @ Oct 4 2006, 12:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have had pretty good results from DST's customer service. Good luck.

How long did it take for them to get back to you through the Customer Service address. I e-mailed them almost 2 weeks ago and I have yet to receive a reply. This is not looking good for me. Damit! I really wanted that fig.

#35 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 08:55 AM

I would try sending another email if I were you. They usually got back to me within the same week that I sent them. Your email could have just been accidently overlooked. Hopefully you here something and get your figure soon.

#36 The_Donster

The_Donster

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 17 October 2006 - 03:31 AM

You might also try pming him here too CK. While he might not get back to you asap, he usually looks in on things on the forum from time to time and just missed this.

#37 Captain Kidd

Captain Kidd

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 01:56 PM

Ok latest news. I sent DSTMatt a PM and never got a reply. I can understand it could take a while before he may answer but its been a month. I guess DSTMatt does not keeps tabs on what's going on in the forum very often.

Anyway, I just sent in another e-mail to DST this time with an other e-mail address. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for the best. I'm just glad I did not buy the Q DVD and sent in for the Mail Away Tapestry Picard. I would have been out one figure and the cost of shiping the thing.

Thusfar i'm not very impressed with DSTs customer service.

#38 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 04:20 PM

That really sucks. Good Luck,I hope that you get everything resolved. I have always had very good experiances with DST's customer service though.

#39 Captain Kidd

Captain Kidd

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 06:23 PM

I got an e-mail back from Chris Myers. Here is what it said.

"I will be out of the office Wednesday November 8th thru Monday November 13th. I will be unable to answer any e-mails until I return to the office Tuesday November 14th. "

It was just an auto reply but at least now I know they received my e-mail this time around. I guess we will see on Tuesday November 14th if I get a reply to it.

#40 The_Donster

The_Donster

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 12:15 AM

CK, I e-mailed both Chuck and Matt on your behalf today. I'm thinking they might be somewhere at the moment, since I received a automated response from Matt as well. Realizing my mistake, I e-mailed Chuck late this evening, so don't expect a response until probable tomorrow or Monday at the earliest. Do me a favor and pm me your information, so I can try and expedite the issue(if I can, that is). Any idea when this offer expires by the way? I still need to turn in my barcodes for this one and the Picard mail away.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users