• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 ensignmelkor

ensignmelkor

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 08:59 AM

Maybe this wouldn't work, but I've been thinking of Borg ships that aren't either spheres or cubes, and don't require massive scale to be intimidating, and I was just rewatching the Enterprise episode "Regeneration" the other day...

9HWZPAd.jpg

The "Borgified" Arctic research vessel that Enterprise encountered had a really sinister look to it, and it's the only completely assimilated alien ship I've ever seen in Trek. It could be an excellent alien vessel for the NX-01 to be displayed with, assuming DST could produce it economically.

#2 Dilithium1

Dilithium1

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 10:29 AM

What about a partially assimilated USS Enterprise D?

#3 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 11:02 AM

I think whilst a neat idea, it's probably more likely that an actual Borg Cube from DST would be a better more appealing idea.

The problem I see with assimilated hero ships is that they're not canon, not part of any filmed TV episode or movie and producing ships like the arctic transport which to me seems like a very generic sci-fi baddie ship seem to be a waste of money IMO, when we've still yet to get some of the more popular ships done, I'd rather see the money being spent on producing the hero ships such as the Defiant and Voyager. So me personally I wouldn't buy for that reason. I also have limited space and DST's ships are quite large. Plus down the line you have other companies all vying for my display space such as the large Megabloks Enterprise and even though I cherry pick the ships from Eaglemoss, over time they do take up quite a lot of room.

#4 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 11:09 AM

And how is what we saw on screen not part of any filmed tv episode or movie,and not canon?

#5 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 11:09 AM

If they were going to make a ship from Enterprise I'd rather have the Romulan Bird of Prey. While the assimilated research vessel is kinda cool looking, it isn't even remotely an iconic Star Trek ship. I'd be pretty annoyed if they made it before virtually anything else from any of the shows, even the damn Grissom. 

For a Borg Ship in general, I honestly wouldn't be interested in anything from them. They're just shapes, and that really isn't all that interesting. DST would have to do something really cool for me to want one. 

#6 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 11:29 AM

If they make a Voyager there are several variants that can be done including Voyager with Borg enhancements.

#7 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 11:33 AM

If they make a Boyager there are several variants that can be done including Voyager with Borg enhancements.

If When they make Voyager, an "assimilated" version would be amazing, I'd absolutely buy one. 

#8 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 01:00 PM

If When they make Voyager, an "assimilated" version would be amazing, I'd absolutely buy one.

Yes. I like "when" better.

image_zpscwzm4xad.jpeg

#9 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 01:22 PM

Now that Reliant is out of the way, Voyager should be the next Federation ship. 

Voyager was the focus of it's show, it also has a good amount of variant options for DST to use. 

While yes Defiant was a big part of DS9, it was not the focus of the show. It also doesn't have that iconic, recognizable Star Trek design. Voyager may be different looking, but the difference is not nearly as drastic as Defiant's design is. 

I want Defiant at some point, and would be thrilled either way if DST choose it or Voyager next. 

#10 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 01:50 PM

An assimilated voyager would make a brilliant variant (as would an armoured voyager)

And how is what we saw on screen not part of any filmed tv episode or movie,and not canon?

I meant aside from Voyager (of which I had forgotten until seeing the pic above) we never saw an assimilated hero ship on the screen and a ship like the Arctic ship from Enterprise is way too generic and unknown to be considered as a starship legend.

#11 ensignmelkor

ensignmelkor

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 05:17 PM

I obviously wouldn't want the Arctic ship before any other alien ship we actually saw onscreen--including the Romulan Warbird, Klingon D7 and K'Tinga, anything from the Cardassians or Jem'Hadar, etc. I only brought this ship up as a way to give us a Borg ship that isn't just a cube or a sphere, and yet is still a canon ship (unlike re-releasing previous DST ships in "assimilated" variants,)  Voyager with Borg enhancements isn't an assimilated ship, though it still looks cool. 

#12 Alex

Alex

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 05:51 PM

I love this idea, and as much as I love the Defiant, I'd be happy to see Voyager or the Enterprise–C next now that the Reliant is out of the way. While the Defiant is a much simpler design and still has plenty of variants to choose from, Voyager is definitely a variant–rich design.

• U.S.S. Voyager NCC–74656
  • "Assimilated" Voyager (Pictured above)
  • "Year of Hell" Voyager ("Battle Damaged" variant)
  • "Armored" Voyager (As seen in the finale)
  • "Warship Voyager" (from "Living Witness")

I'm probably missing some, but that's five potential uses of the Voyager mold including the standard edition. That's at least in Klingon BoP territory, even if it doesn't get into TOS 1701 territory, although who knows, maybe there's a way that it could.

#13 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 06:15 PM

I love this idea, and as much as I love the Defiant, I'd be happy to see Voyager or the Enterprise–C next now that the Reliant is out of the way. While the Defiant is a much simpler design and still has plenty of variants to choose from, Voyager is definitely a variant–rich design.

• U.S.S. Voyager NCC–74656
  • "Assimilated" Voyager (Pictured above)
  • "Year of Hell" Voyager ("Battle Damaged" variant)
  • "Armored" Voyager (As seen in the finale)
  • "Warship Voyager" (from "Living Witness")

I'm probably missing some, but that's five potential uses of the Voyager mold including the standard edition. That's at least in Klingon BoP territory, even if it doesn't get into TOS 1701 territory, although who knows, maybe there's a way that it could.

Don't for get Landing Gear Voyager. 

Landing gear of course should just be included, but it wouldn't surprise me if they released a separate variant. 

#14 djc242

djc242

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 07:08 PM

Landing gear would be nice, but it would be a mean feat to make it in the proper scale AND support that long and heavy saucer.

#15 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 07:35 PM

I think the rear end of the ship would need a counter weight in it both for a stand and landing gear.

#16 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 08:11 PM

Surely the batteries being in the secondary hull and the mechanism to make the nacelles move would add some weight to the back. 

#17 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 12:36 AM

Your best bet for that ship would be Eaglemoss not DST

#18 ensignmelkor

ensignmelkor

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 12:43 AM

Your best bet for that ship would be Eaglemoss not DST

Yeah, if Eaglemoss put it out I'd probably pick it up. Right now I only buy Eaglemoss ships that fit scale-wise with my DST ships, though that's more a matter of my personal preferences than any canon ship measurements. That's stopped me so far from buying any Eaglemoss ships other than a couple of Klingon Birds of Prey, but I think an Eaglemoss size Arctic research ship would look good on the same shelf as my various DST Enterprises. I'm still on the fence about picking up an NX-01 Enterprise from DST. I know the new one was just released, but there's still that stubborn part of me that resists seeing that show as canon.

#19 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 01:12 AM

And don't forget the Enterprise E,it DID start to get borgified,lol.

And Star Trek Enterprise is actually canon,whether you like it or not,lol! I like it,so I'm good,lol. My fave season would be season four,some good stuff in season two as well.

J-R!

#20 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 05:54 AM

And don't forget the Enterprise E,it DID start to get borgified,lol.

And Star Trek Enterprise is actually canon,whether you like it or not,lol! I like it,so I'm good,lol. My fave season would be season four,some good stuff in season two as well.

J-R!

The interior did, the exterior, beside the interplexing beacon, which would be far too much of a minor change to the existing Nemesis Enterprise E to get people buying another E.

I wouldn't mind seeing a whole new USS Enterprise E direct from First Contact though! That would be cool. Proper sculpt and sounds taken from FC including Borg FX.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users