Star Trek - The Official Starships Collection

• Please log in to reply
3700 replies to this topic

#3581 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 03 August 2018 - 05:46 PM

Reliant's a definite for me, but the choice of colour for that text is baffling.

#3582 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 06:37 PM

Taking the white border off the text would help immensely I feel.

#3583 djc242

djc242

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 08:55 PM

Yeah that is super odd. It’s like they are ashamed of the name or something.

#3584 DefiantOne

DefiantOne

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 09:39 AM

Anyone got an idea when the next ship in the Discovery line from Eaglemoss is going to be released? I thought it'd be the Europa but I've read that the USS Buran will be issue 5. Same happened with the Kerala and Disco BoP, which apparently was supposed to be issue 3.

#3585 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 10:14 AM

The Buran is issue 7, Europa is issues 5 and the Vulcan ship is issue 6. 

#3586 hobsgrg

hobsgrg

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 10:27 AM

So my Enterprise B arrived today. First impressions were good but I can't help feeling the edge of the saucer is too thin and the lack of the blue stripes on the edge when they were present on the regular sized version baffles me. As per usual the windows on the side are of course mis-aligned but as they are white on grey this is hard to see, from a distance you can only see the indentations of where the windows were supposed to be.

This is a ship that works a lot better in XL size than regular.

DSC05653.jpg

DSC05654.jpg
DSC05655.jpg
DSC05656.jpg
DSC05657.jpg

#3587 djc242

djc242

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 10:58 AM

The B does generally look good. Thanks for posting those shots.

#3588 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 08:54 PM

The Buran is issue 7, Europa is issues 5 and the Vulcan ship is issue 6. 

Aww nuts I was hoping the Buran would be out for Christmas.

#3589 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 09 August 2018 - 09:24 PM

Hobs, post some pictures of that next to the DST D or E please dude (should be in-scale). :)

I'd be interested in getting an XL Excelsior (or a Lakota variant of the B).

#3590 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 04:07 AM

Aww nuts I was hoping the Buran would be out for Christmas.

If Eaglemoss sticks to one a month:
August: BoP
September: Europa
October: Vulcan ship
November: Buran

It should be out by Christmas as long as there arent any delays.

#3591 hobsgrg

hobsgrg

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 06:59 AM

Hobs, post some pictures of that next to the DST D or E please dude (should be in-scale). :)

I'd be interested in getting an XL Excelsior (or a Lakota variant of the B).

I don't own any of the DST ships only have the Eaglemoss ones.

#3592 Matty-lad

Matty-lad

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 07:41 AM

Bit of a strange one for you all.... Was there ever announced the number of Japanese Borg Cubes that were released by DeAgostini at the beginning of their subscription? 

#3593 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 09:40 AM

If Eaglemoss sticks to one a month:
August: BoP
September: Europa
October: Vulcan ship
November: Buran

It should be out by Christmas as long as there arent any delays.

I hope it works out that way.

#3594 AndyW

AndyW

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 07:18 AM

Bugger, I noticed someone on the TrekBBS has received their Voy concept so I must have missed the UK pre order for that, just logged on and looks like I've also missed the Kobyashi Maru pre order also. Double bugger.

Anyone else manage to order one??

#3595 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 11:20 AM

Can somebody give us all an up-to-date summary of the actual number of planned issues, broken down into types?

Memory-Alpha states there will be "160 + special issues".  This is highly ambiguous IMO.

To me, special issues means the larger ones which cost more.  But there are also the smaller sized bonus issues (including shop exclusives), mirror universe issues, etc.

Does 160 issues refer only to the numbered, smaller issues?  Meaning we are still in for about 1.5 years worth of more ships?

Is it still 160?

Will the Picard show get its own new collection or will it turn into 260?

Do we have any idea how far they will go with more non-numbered, smaller ships?

#3596 hobsgrg

hobsgrg

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 12:24 PM

Can somebody give us all an up-to-date summary of the actual number of planned issues, broken down into types?

Memory-Alpha states there will be "160 + special issues".  This is highly ambiguous IMO.

To me, special issues means the larger ones which cost more.  But there are also the smaller sized bonus issues (including shop exclusives), mirror universe issues, etc.

Does 160 issues refer only to the numbered, smaller issues?  Meaning we are still in for about 1.5 years worth of more ships?

Is it still 160?

Will the Picard show get its own new collection or will it turn into 260?

Do we have any idea how far they will go with more non-numbered, smaller ships?

There will be at least 160 numbered issues however it has been made clear they will continue making the smaller ships for as long as it remains profitable to do so, so as long as people keep buying them they will keep making more. The same will apply to the non-numbered smaller ships, they will keep making those for as long as demand exists for them.

We've not been given any indication of what will happen regarding the new spin-off shows but I think it is safe to say we will see models from those at some point but whether they will form part of the main collection, the Discovery collection or a third line is a total unknown.

#3597 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 01:05 PM

There will be at least 160 numbered issues however it has been made clear they will continue making the smaller ships for as long as it remains profitable to do so, so as long as people keep buying them they will keep making more. The same will apply to the non-numbered smaller ships, they will keep making those for as long as demand exists for them.

Thanks for the clarification.  Well then, let this be a test of each one of us's "collector moxie"...  I'm at nerve's end figuring out where I will put the ones we know about...  Would be really interesting to know the sales numbers on each model so far.  I hear a lot of people talking like they are selective about issues, but that seems hard to believe if we have made it all the way to 135+ so far...  Maybe they are so inexpensive to manufacture they remain profitable even if only half of them sell?

#3598 hobsgrg

hobsgrg

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 02:00 PM

Thanks for the clarification.  Well then, let this be a test of each one of us's "collector moxie"...  I'm at nerve's end figuring out where I will put the ones we know about...  Would be really interesting to know the sales numbers on each model so far.  I hear a lot of people talking like they are selective about issues, but that seems hard to believe if we have made it all the way to 135+ so far...  Maybe they are so inexpensive to manufacture they remain profitable even if only half of them sell?

I personally stopped my subscription of the main collection after it reached the 70 issues it was originally advertised as and signed up to. But then they brought out the jumbos and I've switched to collecting those now instead. I still buy the odd issue though, especially as the jumbo ships are just below the free delivery threshold so I always buy another ship along with a jumbo.

Obviously they aren't selling in the same kind of numbers the early issues did but Star Trek has extremely dedicated fans and clearly they still have enough subscribers to keep it profitable and the subscriber numbers are holding relatively steady to commit to extending to 160. I do expect some of the issues to be higher sellers with the selective buyers, it would be interesting to know what the baseline sales are through subscriptions and how much extra sales are from individual sales.

I already have far more models that I can possibly display but I keep buying more ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  

#3599 hobsgrg

hobsgrg

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 05:31 AM

My Europa and two free posters have arrived. The Europa is a nice design and it's mostly a nice model however there are some spots that have just been left completely bare which I'm not thrilled about

DSC05660.jpg

DSC05661.jpg
DSC05662.jpg
DSC05663.jpg
DSC05664.jpg
DSC05658.jpg
DSC05659.jpg

#3600 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 11:36 AM

Man the Europa looks incredible, can't wait to get this one. 

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users