• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 04:59 PM

So, I've been kinda Luke warm on the new series... thus far it hasn't been bad... but none of the episodes really wow'd me... Until this week. I loved Ep 6 (six degrees of freedom). I thought they really hit it out of the ball park. and while I had a list of ideas of where it'd go... and one of them was right... it was difficult to nail it down until the final reveal, so I thought it was well done!

I think my runner up is EP 3 (replay). That one made me squirm a bit... but I'm ok with that... because that means it was being true to the original intent. 

Just like the original, some episodes were home runs and others were kinda just there... and this seems to be the same trend, which is fine... I think if they can keep eeking out a winner every now and then this series will hit its stride and be a welcome addition to AA. 

#2 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 04:30 AM

I see AA added a Black/White version of every season 1 episode.... Nice touch to keep the continuity of the original!

#3 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 02:49 PM

I should add, I thought the season finale was fantastic. I great homage to Rod Sterling and Twilight zone itself.

I thought the season started out a bit iffy, but really managed to come into focus and even deliver some gems. 

#4 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 05:56 PM

The new show isn't bad and Ive enjoyed it for the most part so far. My only issue is that they are a bit heavy handed with the "political agenda" nonsense. It's getting to where you can't watch anything these days without some agenda.

#5 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 06:35 PM

Well... to be fair... the original was pretty heavy too... the idea was always to garner thought and discussion, so it was never intended to be some feel good - pass the time type of show. If social commentary is political... then pretty much anything trying to make such commentary is... and TOS would have been right at the vanguard then by such assessment. 

#6 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 05:38 AM

There is a big difference between social commentary and pushing a one sided agenda.

#7 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 03:25 PM

So... without getting into details... e.g not meaning to debate the topic of the episode... which episodes did you feel were too heavy... I admit a couple of them pushed my comfort zone. I'm curious to see if they line up with mine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users