Whats new at New Force Comics?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 16 July 2008 - 12:49 PM

From Rick today:

hello all...

Well, we are 1 week away from SDCC 2008....should prove to be a fun time for all heading to SoCal!

We have added many new presell items to our website:
Minimate series 5
the Electronic Kirk in chair deluxe figure.
The TOS Communicator/Phaser special 2 pack.
Retro cloth wave 6 (Chekov and Cheron).
Icons Admiral Kirk bust.

for you other sci fi fans, we have added a new SG1 Daniel and Teal'c 2 pack and a BSG Boomer and D'Anna 2 pack in their respective cats.

We will also have a very special announcement on a very limited shared exclusive 2 pack we will be offering in the very near future!

Some updates:
Retro cloth 4 was scheduled out this week, but has been delayed, New ETA forthcoming.
Adm Kirk and Spock TMP 2 pack is still due out in August/sept.
No new updates yet on the TNG wave 5 or the Amok time 2 pack, so status quo should hold for now.

The Retro Khan exc has been delayed until August. We are still confident that once released, we will be able to offer in stock sales.

Any questions or concerns, drop me a line!
thanks
Rick, www.newforcecomics.com

#2 NewForceComics

NewForceComics

Trek Toy's Official Vendor

• VIP
  • 219 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 11:00 AM

hello all...
Well summer is drawing to a close, and school for some has already started... and with that, we are getting some activity in the Star Trek collecting world!

First, 2 weeks ago we received and shipped out of the Mirror Mirror Mini mate preorders... way cool little set!

Second, last week we got in our Wave 4 mini mates sets, and about 1/3 way through processing, we ran out of shipping boxes (poor planning on my part)... we had to reorder from the USPS, and they just arrived, so we will resume shipping today!

Third, Tuesday we received a few pallets of Retro cloth Wave 4 Scotty and Keeper... we should finish preorder shipping (domestically today, international monday) and have minimal stock available for reorder... we will also add some "scratch and dent" sets for order (our "openers" if you will) at a reduced price.

Fourth, I hope we are close to being able to presell our latest 2 pack exclusive, but not quite yet...

Release date update: right now, here are the most current release info we have, all subject to change:
Retro Khan-Sept
TNG wave 5-Sept/Oct
Ent D-Oct
Tricorders-Oct

Finally, we got our orders and cost info from DST on the following items, that will be added to our presell cat this weekend (Sunday, likely):
TWOK PHASER
ST DS9 WORF & GOWRON AF 2-PACK
ST III KRUGE & MALTZ AF 2-PACK

thanks, and everyone have a great weekend!
rick, www.newforcecomics.com

#3 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 17 August 2008 - 02:50 PM

Newest:

hello all...

We have updated our presell categories with the following Presell items:

TWOK Phaser (in the classic ship/ accessory categor)

Gowron and Worf 2 pack (in the DS9 Catalog)...note this will come in a special white mailer box for additional transit protection.

ST III Kruge and Maltz 2 pack (in the Classic Figure category)....note this will come in a special white mailer box for additional transit protection.

Johnny Lightning Wave 6 set of 4, and cases of 8 (in the main Star Trek Johnny Lightning Cat).

the Exclusive (EE) Gold Phaser and Comm 2 pack.

We are also offering a Free TWOK SDCC exclusive Scotty figure with any TWOK order (wave 2 figure sets, openers, cases, ships, etc)...offer good whiles supplies last.

We also have Minimates wave 4 and the Mirror Mirror set in stock. As well as cases and singles of the Retro cloth wave 4 (keeper and Scotty). We have also added "scratch and dent=opener" sets for sale at a reduced price.

We have a shipping update, Retro cloth wave 5 (Uhura wave) has a new ETA of 10/26/08 (subject to change.)

thanks

#4 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 07:24 PM

hello all...

our first real cold here in northern Florida...high today was low 50's...now, for many of you, that is "common", but not for us, and certainly not in Mid Nov (usually in the mid 70's!).

We should finish shipping all preorders of the Retro wave 5 (Uhura/Mugato) wave by thursday.... we anticipated this being a very popular wave, and ordered an additional 20% of product, and still pretty much presold out. I placed a small reorder with diamond that arrived today, so we are going to have minimal stock available to purchase (in stock now), if you are still looking for a set(s).

We also are expecting our delivery of JL wave 6 Friday. Now, we are presold out of this wave too, but, as always, I don't presell 100% of our incoming order. So, once we get back from Gainesville this weekend (last Gator home game), we will make available to the site any extra stock next Monday or so, after we finish processing all the preorders.

We will have Star Trek Movie figures 3 3/4" and 6" collector cases available to preorder shortly. These cases will contain all 10 of the to be released figures, 1 each in a special case of 10, giving us the advantage over Walmart and TRU, etc, that will receive them in waves. I was concerned about the quantities that needed to be ordered from Playmates (they have been out of the Star Trek game for 9 years) in order to 1)qualify for this case asst and 2)compete against the "big boys" ...so, this is their answer for us, to curtail to the collector market, and to get product to us first.
We will also have all the ships and accessories (and there are some cool ones) available once we get cost info, and permission to list etc.

TNG Wave 5 is supposedly in route to the US now (in order for DST to meet their 12/08 release). Now, I can't get confirmation of this as of yet, but keeping our fingers crossed!

We also have heard that retro cloth wave 6 will be in the US by Mid Dec!

Stay tuned, and if it applies, stay warm!

#5 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 10:49 PM

hello all...

Well, as the holidays approach, so does, it seems, the amount of Trek material being released...

We finished shipped the Retro 5 orders last week (Uhura and Mugato), and will be adding some discounted opener sets to the site this week. We also have minimal set(s) stock left for instock orders, but no more wholesale cases are available, I am afraid to report.

We got in the JL wave 6 and finished shipping 2set/case preorders ,and are just waiting on the USPS to deliver our set boxes (under 2 pounds, we ship via USPS vs UPS to save our customers a few shipping $'s)....
It does not appear that we will have any real quantity of stock for in stock sales, as Learning curve short produced this wave (according to my rep). But, preorders are 100% covered. We might have a few pop up here and there if some preorders are not paid for, but no sustainable quantity.

Today we received the Amok Time twin packs and will start shipping preorders right away...keep in mind the Holiday will delay processing and delivery on most till next week.

We also got in a small quantity of the exclusive, but previously not for sale, Retailer Summit White handled phaser/comm 2pack set...only a few hundred or so of these were made and distributed to retailers that attended the summit, and we were lucky enough to be able to buy a few this week.. they are not cheap, and a few folks have already emailed requesting , but I have a couple left.

We will have the Playmates info this week (I hope) and will list presells then!
thanks and happy Thanksgiving to all!

#6 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 12:08 PM

hello all...

Getting ready to head out to Atlanta for the SEC championship....going to be pulling for my beloved Gators!

That said, we have the new Playmates Movie product up for presell:
6" figure set...this will be a specialty market set of all 10 figures available in one case. Retail (TRU, Walmart, etc) will not have this available, but will have them in waves, like days of past. So here is your chance to get all in one shot!
3 3/4" set (same as 6" set).
Playsets: both a Bridge and a Transporter Playset for the 3 3/4" figures.
Enterprise ship...should be a great one!
Tricorder, Phaser and Communicator. Keep in mind, these will likely be release at the same time, so order all 3 and you only pay base shipping and $1 extra for each piece (versus ordering them seperately and paying 3 shipping charges to ship seperately).
12" Figure set...

all are in our main Star Trek Playmates link! Images will not be released until Feb of 2009, but to be honest, we expect to be presold out by then, so take advantage now!

We have completed shipping all Amok Time 2packs (domestically) and are working on Int orders now.

We will start shipping Minimate wave 5 sets next Monday.

We also added the DST Movie 2 pack of Kirk and spock from ST IV (in the Classic/DST section) as well as the 1/4 Scale Spock (2nd in series).

Thanks,

#7 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 10:26 PM

I forgot to post this one from Jan. 14th - sorry Rick!

Hello all...

A quick update, as I am sure most of the country is facing the same cold that we are here in N.Fl (highs in the 40's, with lower wind chill... not the 60's we are used too LOL).

We have added the Borg series 1 set to our TNG figure presell cat. We also have the 2 set special at a small discount (one set to open, one to display in packaging).

Our TNG wave 5 (yeah) is in the US, just clearing customs and should be to us next week to process preorders. We are presold out, but once all preorders are filled, I will release our reserve stock for in stock ordering.

Our DS9 wave 2 cases are right behind the TNG 5. About 10-14 days behind, so that should give us just enough time to finish processing TNG 5 and have room to get started on the DS9 wave. I believe we still have minimal product that is available to preorder!

Also, we have sold a fair number of the $1999 full size chairs. In fact, we are very close to our first tier pricing discount. We only have until end of the month on initial orders, so if you are on the fence, contact me to discuss!.

Lastly ,we will solicit our exclusive Bagged Gowron figure for presell in the very near future. This figure is VERY limited (the most limited of any figure released to date by DST) so stay tuned to for ordering details.

And, just as a teaser, we have secured another role play exclusive which we are very excited about, but until DST gives the go ahead, we cannot officially announce!

Stay warm and email me with any questions (newforcecomics@aol.com)
thanks

#8 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 10:12 PM

Newest from Rick ...

hello all...

Hope the summer is treating everyone well!

We have just added to our Playmates Star Trek presell category, the following Movie items...
Please note, we are told on the 6" and the 3 3/4" Fig asst, Specialty market assts (that we are selling) will have EXCLUSIVE figures that will NOT be available at mass retailers like TRU, WM, etc... so, preorder now, as quantities are limited!
We have added the 10pc 3 3/4" wave 2, so you can complete the bridge set (3 exclusive figures).
We have added the 7 pc 6" wave 2 with 2 exclusive figures.
We have added both new ships (the Narada and the Jellyfish)
We have added the 12" wave 2 set of 4!

We also have limited quantity of AGT D and reg 1701 D's in stock (might have some openers too).

We have very limited quantity of the Science Tricorder left.

The ST IV 2 pack is scheduled to be released in the next week or so.

We have added the Romulan Kirk and Cmd Spock 2 pack for presell too.

Thanks,

#9 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:05 PM

And a follow up ...

hello all...
Sorry for our snafu this past weekend... Friday evening, we uploaded the wave 2 of the Playmates movie product...
well, sometime Friday night into Saturday morning, some website host maintenance caused our inventory to goto "sold out" after one more order, even if we had stock available (which we do)...I couldn't get into the site to fix, but Tech support has corrected now...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users