Most Liked Content

#70443 Star Trek Select

Posted by JonWes on 26 June 2013 - 09:42 PM

Okay, so quite a few pages back I did a silly sketch of a Star Trek Select Troi. This time, I'm going to show an utterly SERIOUS drawing of what I think would be the ULTIMATE Captain Kathryn Janeway Select toy.

Let's face it, if she ever gets one... it's likely the only time we'll see the good Captain in this form, so I think she needs to hit all the buttons! Now, I do think this might be too much. It seems like maybe with Picard on we won't see quite so elaborate designs with these. Of the things on there, I guess the chair, crossed legs and the coffee cup would be the first things I'd cut if I had too.

But I just think one of the great things about the non-articulated legs is the ability to get really natural poses out of the legs, and this would be a perfect use. So here's my crazy dream:

Insanely huge version of this is here: http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/

9149159658_6109e37d1e_c.jpg

So, she'd come with:

Articulated upper body

2 head with different expressions

3 hair pieces

1 phaser rifle hand

1 phaser rifle grip hand

2 neutral open hands

1 coffee-cup hand

1 pair of standing legs

1 pair of sitting crossed legs

Yeah.. probably nuts... but it would be amazing to choose which look you'd want from her. :)

#90930 "New ‘Star Trek’ Series Coming to CBS in 2017"

Posted by MisterPL on 11 September 2017 - 11:56 AM

If all this new show accomplishes is to separate Trekkies from prejudiced posers, I'm all for it.

#82889 NYCC 2015

Posted by Dilithium1 on 08 October 2015 - 12:31 PM

DST should just mess with us at this point with an announcement like this:

I know many of you would like to see a greater variety of ships, sooner.  However, we are reliant upon retailer support for every big item we produce.  Ever defiant of these odds, we stand sovereign amongst a field of toy companies a la Prometheus to bring you high quality merchandise.  I have a list of potential ships in my cube which we endevor to produce. We hope you understand and continue collektinga lot of of models, we have plans galor!  

#78477 Prometheus tackles the Defiant again!!!

Posted by Prometheus on 16 December 2014 - 05:28 PM

Here are the final shots:

IMG_20141216_033738820_HDR_zpsd32a40dd.j

_20141216_034004_zps978883f3.jpg

_20141216_034059_zps88625321.jpg

_20141216_034211_zps812515c0.jpg

_20141216_090918_zpsdff05997.jpg

_20141216_082842_zps3a167e51.jpg

#93102 well, I guess it's time.

Posted by FHC on 10 February 2018 - 08:35 PM

I started this forum and I lived here almost 24 / 7. It started so small and it was exciting to see it grow after the forum at Art Asylum ended. Each new member joined and it was exciting. I think that where I went wrong was trying to be to nice. I let things slide that I should not have. I was scared that I would lose members. In the end I let such negativity loose, that I got to where I hated to come here. I would come by and read without logging in on rare occasions. Today I dropped by and I decided something. I'm going to bring a little order around here. Something I've learned over these years away. I now manage about 60 people and 10 million in equipment. We service about 60,000 customers a week. Along the way I've learned that you do everything that you do everything that you can to keep a customer but there is a line in the sand and if they cross it, things change. You may invite a guest into your into your home, but you don't let them kick your dog. 

Lets start small.
If you feel that you cannot make a post without using profanity, don't make it.
No politics rules still stand
No religion stands
Don't start a poll then change the questions.  I don't think it's necessary to make a rule on that is it?  

#87374 The Future of the Diamond Select Star Trek line

Posted by MisterPL on 07 October 2016 - 09:04 AM

As a frustrated Star Trek Minimates collector, I feel your pain. DST seems to have a huge hard-on for TOS and it's lasted much longer than four hours.

They launched 3-inch Minimates with six SKUs of TOS in 2002. It never saw a second assortment.

They redid Trek Minimates with the 2-inch bodies in 2007, expanding the TOS selection to 18 SKUs while only offering two from DS9 and one from TNG. That lasted five series.

Then they rebooted Trek Minimates yet again in 2013 with two Legacy assortments that had a better SKU balance (2 TNG, 2 DS9, 2 TOS, and one each from ENT and VOY) but the Minimates starship line was exclusively TOS (4 SKUs of Enterprise variants). Legacy never made it to a second assortment.

This year they offered an assortment of the TOS bridge crew to retailers. There wasn't enough interest so DST apparently gave up as if they were out of source material. 

Of course there's plenty of untapped source material from TOS, both film and television, but DST went the easy route, the safe route, and essentially offered the exact same product they had before in presumably different packaging. Collectors who'd already acquired that crew weren't interested and newbies didn't even know about it because it never even got solicited.

I can't help thinking that anything BUT TOS at this point would garner more interest. I'd wager even the same character assortment offered in uniforms from ANY of the six films would have fared better. But there seems to be an unwillingness on the part of DST to take a chance on anything but the original TV show. They might nervously dabble in other eras but they've never gone balls deep with TNG, VOY, et al as they have repeatedly with TOS.

That said, Star Trek is not Stargate or BSG. The latter two aspire to have the kind of brand awareness that Star Trek has enjoyed over the last 50 years. My expectations would be much higher for Trek merchandise than those two, and I entertain no illusions that Star Trek is anywhere near the peak popularity it enjoyed when TNG and DS9 were new and TOS was alive and well on the silver screen.

A generational shift is here. Original fans of TOS are literally dying off. The Trek their kids enjoyed most took place in the 24th century, not the 23rd. Those kids are now adults brimming with the same nostalgia that kept TOS going for so long. It's time to offer them the tchotchke they'd like, whether it's a block figure version of the crew of the 1701-E or a desk-worthy electronic replica of Deep Space Nine.

In short, yes, DST's Trek line needs to boldly go where it hasn't, or at least in a way DST's not 100% comfortable with if they're going to keep this license moving forward.

#86275 Romulan Bird of Prey

Posted by Destructor!!! on 14 July 2016 - 08:13 PM

Yep, it's a good ad! Sure caught my eye - wasn't expecting to find it.

...Alex? Are you feeling ok? You only wrote two sentences in that post - isn't that one of the signs of the coming apocalypse?

#84951 USS Reliant NCC-1864

Posted by DSTZach on 24 February 2016 - 09:01 PM

Also, its pointed out that the buzzard collectors on later Dominion War iterations for the Miranda were yellowish. 

pOaBrx.gif

#84805 USS Reliant NCC-1864

Posted by trekhunter1701 on 17 February 2016 - 11:58 PM

I'm not going to start a new thread over this, but as a random thing, what's everyones guess as to when it'll release? My guess is early 2019, and I'm not joking. lol

I don't remember the time scale with the Enterprise-E (it was at least two years), but I know the B and Excelsior were shown off in 2009, but didn't arrive until 2013.

Hopefully by the 75th anniversary of Star Trek!!

#83383 "New ‘Star Trek’ Series Coming to CBS in 2017"

Posted by Commodore Kor'Tar on 03 November 2015 - 12:44 PM

29bkbpf.jpg

#83202 Star Trek: Does Anyone Care Anymore?

Posted by Prometheus on 24 October 2015 - 12:29 AM

I agree with you gentlemen.... I really think Star Trek belongs, in part, on the small screen. The JJ Universe by its very designation is not "actual" Trek..... It's a fun romp, and I really enjoyed the first film, but it's time for a Prime Universe Trek to arise.

I hate to bring up politics but it seems Western Society is going through an unforseen circumstance with the moving forward of the information age. Unfortunately, its often lowest common denominator entertainment like reality tv, etc. and technology itself that seems to win out.... Star Trek has always dealt with thought provoking stories that cause the viewer to do a reality check while still being entertaining. I think Trek, along with many other thoughtful, popular properties, are paying the price for our making information dissemination technology and low brow entertainment the most important thing. What would Picard or Kirk say about a society that focuses more on the message delivery device more than the message itself?? I think we all know the answer. I want a TV with the the best image, a phone with the best data transfer rates, etc.... But at what cost?

Hey.... I'm all about tech!! I'm a Trekkie after all.... But what would a fleet of interstellar vessels be without a Prime Directive? Without a vision for humanity? Pointless that's what!! Maybe even dangerous!! I guess as a 40 year old man I just need to complain about the things I see wrong.... I think Trek is suffering for many of these reasons though.

Trek, to me, has always been thoughtful story telling with a hopeful vision for humanity as a backdrop.

Let's face it, classic Trek took chances in a small screen way.... The first interracial kiss, cold war issues, affects of drugs, etc.... This was radical for the time.

What would be radical in 2015? Maybe issues with how technology shouldn't be the only point ... Healthy living should be important. Maybe dealing with the advent of new ideas and concepts that can be dangerous if not dealt with properly. The possibilities are endless but someone at the helm really needs to try!

#82890 NYCC 2015

Posted by Jay K on 08 October 2015 - 02:26 PM

tumblr_lunocz3mMX1r24lq9o1_250.gifpicard_clapping.gif

#82507 Star Trek - The Official Starships Collection

Posted by Jay K on 24 August 2015 - 08:46 PM

CNMTG8fW8AApnqr.jpg
Hi-res: https://pbs.twimg.co...AApnqr.jpg:orig

CNMTG90XAAEeYGw.jpg

Hi-res: https://pbs.twimg.co...AEeYGw.jpg:orig

Incredible! :D

#81816 Happy Independence Day for the US

Posted by Prometheus on 04 July 2015 - 10:19 AM

Happy 4th of July to all of us Staters!! :)

#80951 Star Wars: The Black Series

Posted by JMW326 on 28 April 2015 - 02:53 PM

Can you post a pic or two?  This is one Ive thought about.  With that being said I did pic up the Star Destroyer from the Disney Store this weekend.  They had none out so I had to ask.  Thanks God they had one in the back.  They had a great sale on the smaller ships with if you buy two or more they will be seven bucks each.

Yep. Here you go. I took these right after I opened it up.

I love the Disney store ships too. I picked up Slave 1 about a month ago. Great little ship.

1430252864_zps2f1f5572.jpg

1430252907_zps130d8d00.jpg

1430252931_zpsdef5523b.jpg

#79597 Leonard Nimoy has died.

Posted by VulcanFanatic on 28 February 2015 - 10:24 PM

Leonard Nimoy, I have been, and always shall be, your fan.

#78555 Latest ship info on AskDST

Posted by Prometheus on 24 December 2014 - 01:23 PM

Could you imagine a DST Prometheus with magnetic multi vector separation!!??

#76420 AskDST 245

Posted by DSTZach on 29 May 2014 - 12:36 PM

Sometime between June 1 and August 31st.

...But I hope we'll have something ready to show/announce by SDCC. We'll announce the excusive well before that, as far as I know.

#76066 Excelsior starship in fall of 09?

Posted by Prometheus on 27 April 2014 - 02:04 AM

Obviously Wrath of Khan is the fan favorite...but I always thought Search For Spock was a great follow up and just as good of a movie as Wrath of Khan...

I have to admit that as much as I love the Refit....I was floored as a kid the first time I saw the NX-2000 Excelsior.... Not to mention just having been blown away by the massive Earth Spacedock for the first time !!

#75465 Ever Notice.....

Posted by JMW326 on 11 March 2014 - 09:13 AM

Yep I check in every day as well. There are even times I have been disappointed to see that no one has posted anything new. I appreciate all Mark has taken on for us even though we can be a little frustrating at times. LOL.

Thanks