Photo

Aquaman

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 05:42 PM

I went and saw Aquaman over opening weekend and absolutely loved it. It was fun and very visually pleasing. I'm not one of those people that try and rip apart every DC movie (or just every movie in general lol) so I have enjoyed most of the DC movies before it , but I really think this one set a new bar. To me I would say it's kind of like the Gaurdians of the Galaxy of the DC universe. It was funnier than anything that came before it, it created a whole new visually stunning world and while the movie in general didn't take itself to seriously it still had heart and some good lessons in it. I really want to see it again.

#2 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 07:14 PM

I'm planning to see it, and have heard pretty positive reviews from most fans of the genre.

I like that the genre seems to be taking its self less seriously... while I generally liked Bale & Nolan's Batman, it seemed to convince the rest of the genre they had to be serious all the time. 

#3 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 06:40 AM

I loved the first Nolan/ Bale Batman but thought the other two were just OK and turned into convoluted messes by the end of each. I've been a fan of the new movies despite some of their faults. Man of Steel and Wonder Woman were great. BvS was decent and Justice League was fun for me. Green Lantern... kind of missed the mark just with casting and that horribly outdated soundtrack. Aquaman really seems like a step up and in the right direction. It rivals Wonder Woman for being the best of the franchise. Yes it was cheesy and over the top but it was sooo fun.

#4 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 01:22 PM

Saw Aquaman today. A 1st rate effort, and I agree... probably one of the best efforts for the DC Universe!

Spoiler

#5 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 08:35 PM

I'm glad you liked it. I want to see it again now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users