Razorgeist's Content

There have been 41 items by Razorgeist (Search limited from 24-April 23)

Sort by                Order  

#98117 EXO-6 launch new Star Trek action figure range with First Contact Data

Posted by Razorgeist on 19 December 2023 - 03:36 AM in Everything else.

I would spend everything I have.

Considering they're doing FC that just screams Enterprise-E.  That being said yeah its unlikely.

#98113 Here we go again... Playmates is back in the Trek business!

Posted by Razorgeist on 11 December 2023 - 09:54 PM in Playmates

Three figures from TWOK were consistent peg-warmers at my local Walmart stores, even at $5 clearance. It was sad. That said, I'm not sure they got any other characters. I never saw Prodigy figures in stores.

I never saw any Prodigy figures either.

#98108 Here we go again... Playmates is back in the Trek business!

Posted by Razorgeist on 06 December 2023 - 11:53 AM in Playmates

Saw that video myself.  Sad for the figure collectors but since I never got them it really dosent affect me.  I do wonder how they'll approach the ships from this point forward.

#98106 EXO-6 launch new Star Trek action figure range with First Contact Data

Posted by Razorgeist on 04 December 2023 - 03:21 PM in Everything else.

Can they do ships?

#98096 Prototypes

Posted by Razorgeist on 12 November 2023 - 08:45 PM in Playmates

Probably 90% close to the amt model.

Works for me.

#98094 Prototypes

Posted by Razorgeist on 11 November 2023 - 06:02 PM in Playmates

I weep at the fact that we didnt get that Cardassian ship.  Looks like sculpting was pretty good too.

#98093 1/350 Die Cast TOS Enterprise Crowd Funding

Posted by Razorgeist on 08 November 2023 - 10:28 PM in Everything else.

Sorry to doublepost but since my DST enterprise-E went kerplunk I'd like to see Tomy tackle that next.

#98089 1/350 Die Cast TOS Enterprise Crowd Funding

Posted by Razorgeist on 31 October 2023 - 09:53 PM in Everything else.

Im not super opposed to them doing the D, I just wouldnt buy it because I dont need two big Ds.

Anyone here with the Tomy ship have the light issue? Thats a very bizarre thing to have happen.

This guy brings it up.

#98087 1/350 Die Cast TOS Enterprise Crowd Funding

Posted by Razorgeist on 30 October 2023 - 09:05 PM in Everything else.

They're working on the next ship now, I'm assuming its one of the surveyed ships. So the D7, D, SNW Enterprise, or Refit. I only really have interest in the Refit or SNW Enterprise myself. Especially since I'm building the EM Enterprise D. 

Good to hear this was a success personally I'd like to see the D but thats just me.

$600 for the Tomy vs $450 for the Polar Lights. The Tomy model blows it away, and for such a small difference in price. 

Honestly the 450 for the polar lights model seems a bit steep.  Now Ive heard one issue with the Tomy ship is that the lights cant be turned off and it runs out the batteries.  Thats just damn odd since DST worked that out years ago.

#98075 1/350 Die Cast TOS Enterprise Crowd Funding

Posted by Razorgeist on 24 October 2023 - 09:58 PM in Everything else.

Honestly dosent look bad at all.  Dont know if I'd pay 500 for it.

#98065 Here we go again... Playmates is back in the Trek business!

Posted by Razorgeist on 16 October 2023 - 08:16 AM in Playmates

Ok so judging by the videos I am impressed that it has no stickers and the decals are printed on.  Some of the paint apps are genuinely nice like the top of the saucer.  That being said the saucer sep just seems intrusive on this version and the missing details on the bottom of the saucer are cringy.  So this is a definite skip.  If what was said is true and Pm is going to focus more on ships for the future I hope we see some more effort put into any future releases.

#98037 Here we go again... Playmates is back in the Trek business!

Posted by Razorgeist on 04 October 2023 - 08:22 PM in Playmates

Found her at Target today, shes fucking awful.

https://imgur.com/a/pCYGsN7

Its both a step forward and a step backward at the same time.  I mean it looks like a half finished prototype. Its nice that some of the details that were decals on the 90s version are molded in this one but the paint apps on the secondary hull are non-existent.

#98032 Here we go again... Playmates is back in the Trek business!

Posted by Razorgeist on 02 October 2023 - 10:37 PM in Playmates

Are they even doing the SNW Enterprise, do we know?

Not that Im aware of.  If memory serves me they said they were working on a Protostar though with Prodigy out (DAMN shame too.) I don't know if we'll see that.  I suggested Voyager-A as that season 2 clip showed it as the new hero ship.

#98029 Here we go again... Playmates is back in the Trek business!

Posted by Razorgeist on 01 October 2023 - 09:25 PM in Playmates

At this point I'm like: What do they have against the Reliant? I guarantee that would have sold better in the long run, even if it wasn't done especially well.

There's only so many times various companies can do the Galaxy-class.

I could see it doing well as a crowd funded thing but for Playmates I think its a bit niche at this moment.  I would say that the original constitution is played out at this moment not so much the galaxy class.

He said that, while the ships and role play items have sold well, the action figures have not. Therefore, the company is assessing how best to move forward. 

Hmm I would have assumed the figures would have sold better.  As a ship fan Im happy though.  I would say do the Enterprise-G SNW Enterprise or Voyager-A at this moment.

#98017 Here we go again... Playmates is back in the Trek business!

Posted by Razorgeist on 27 September 2023 - 07:50 PM in Playmates

Im pretty sure those are the exact same call outs from the original version in 1993.  I love me the Enterprise-d but this is a hard pass for me which is heartbreaking as i was hoping for a new starship this christmas.  

#97993 Here we go again... Playmates is back in the Trek business!

Posted by Razorgeist on 09 August 2023 - 09:42 PM in Playmates

I would need to see the finished product before I make up my mind totally.  That missing impulse engine is bothering me but if Destructor is right and its just missing on this prototype that might just change my mind.

#97986 Hiya Toys

Posted by Razorgeist on 04 August 2023 - 03:53 PM in Everything else.

I know that probably means starships but given their track record, I wouldn't be surprised if they offered a 1:18 scale shuttlecraft. Anything they can offer in different flavors.

Well they said Enterprise.

#97985 Here we go again... Playmates is back in the Trek business!

Posted by Razorgeist on 04 August 2023 - 03:52 PM in Playmates

Guys I brought up the Akira because I hope they decided to do some fan favorites down the road I know it wont be their first choice  :wacko:. I really hope its not the TOS Enterprise.  Tomy did that crowd funded version and Playmates did another one.

#97981 Hiya Toys

Posted by Razorgeist on 03 August 2023 - 08:03 PM in Everything else.

"... the company told us that they have a worldwide license to all of the live-action Star Trek properties – so there is great potential for additional releases."

https://blog.trekcor...elvin-timeline/

As Kelvin Scotty would say, this is exciting!

And they have the rights to do electronic ships.

#97980 Here we go again... Playmates is back in the Trek business!

Posted by Razorgeist on 03 August 2023 - 08:01 PM in Playmates

Come on now, we all know it’ll be the TOS Enterpirse of Enterprise D. They aren’t going to not play it safe and give us some lesser known ship like the Akira. 

Oh yeah I know its gonna be one of the safe choices.  My point was that Im just hoping down the road they decide to do an Akira.

#97977 Here we go again... Playmates is back in the Trek business!

Posted by Razorgeist on 03 August 2023 - 07:32 PM in Playmates

According to this Hiya will have 6 Star Trek figures as well as 4. They apparently have a license for all of the Star Trek live action shows and they are doing light and sound ships. Playmates just has no concept of Seize the Day!

https://blog.trekcor...elvin-timeline/

You had my interest...now you have my attention.  I wonder which Enterprise this will be and are they going to do other ships *fingers crossed for an Akira*

I was curious if they had done anything other than figures and yes they have.

In that case cant wait to see what they do with ships.

#97967 Here we go again... Playmates is back in the Trek business!

Posted by Razorgeist on 01 August 2023 - 07:57 PM in Playmates

Yeah I noticed the missing phaser strip as well.  The battery compartment on the bottom is really awkward too.  The screw hole is off to the side this time.  Ill reserve judgement until we see the finished product but Im kind of disappointed by what I see.

what a way to disappoint a notoriously nitpicky fanbase.

Also considering the availability of HD any inconstancies on a toy are going to be quite apparent even to a kid.

#97964 Here we go again... Playmates is back in the Trek business!

Posted by Razorgeist on 30 July 2023 - 08:09 PM in Playmates

Hmm interesting.  Photo looks interesting and they at least did a better job with some of the detailing.  Connecting dorsal also looks more accurate.  Im actually interested in this one unlike the classic ship so we'll see what the first video reviews say.  Still kind of frustrated we aren't getting any new trek ships.  I'd love a Titan/Enterprise-G or La Sirena.

#97951 Here we go again... Playmates is back in the Trek business!

Posted by Razorgeist on 24 July 2023 - 07:52 PM in Playmates

I believe there was a response from PM saying after the hype of the new Turtles (cartoon/movie?) they were gonna announce Star Trek stuff. Twitter or somewhere was a response from one of their reps.

Ahh well thats good to hear.

#97944 Here we go again... Playmates is back in the Trek business!

Posted by Razorgeist on 23 July 2023 - 07:08 PM in Playmates

That didn't last long. I'm going with Hiya.

http://www.trektoy.c...ic=6100&p=97939

I mean thats nice but I have no interest in kelvin timeline figures. 

I guess PM is saving stuff for Vegas con.