• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Quark

Quark

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:31 PM

Who is your favorite Trek actor and what would you have them sign?

#2 Daysleeper

Daysleeper

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Interests:Music, acting, theatre, film, arts in General

Check out my band: www.facebook.com/eastportslackers

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:51 AM

Good question. I do have a few Trek-autographs (Scott Bakula, Marina Sirtis, Gates McFadden, Jonathan Frakes and the Shat himself), but Shatner and Bakula were pretty expensive. But what really is priceless is meeting them in person. Although I've learned that meeting someone somewhere other than at a convention makes it far more personal and less "posed" (for lack of a better word). I got to know director Vince McEveety and talk to him in private, and I didn't even get his autograph, because it just didn't feel like this kind of meeting, if you know what I mean.
But back to your question: Shatner's autograph was 100 Euros, and I only payed that much because it was Captain Kirk himself. The usual rate at German conventions (30ish euros for an autograph) is okay, I think.

#3 Quark

Quark

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:45 AM

I will attend the Wizardcon here in Chicago in August, as I have in the past. I already have Avery Brooks' auto on an 8x10 photo. At the risk of having others do it, this time I plan on buying a genuine MLB baseball and having him sign it with both Avery Brooks and Benjamin Sisko. Im a baseball player myself and thought this would be a very cool concept. His auto this year is $40 USD. Two years ago I think it was $30 USD.

Trek actors appearing at this one are: Shatner, Bakula, Brooks and Kate Mulgrew. Hopefully all show.

QUOTE (Daysleeper @ Jun 12 2012, 01:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good question. I do have a few Trek-autographs (Scott Bakula, Marina Sirtis, Gates McFadden, Jonathan Frakes and the Shat himself), but Shatner and Bakula were pretty expensive. But what really is priceless is meeting them in person. Although I've learned that meeting someone somewhere other than at a convention makes it far more personal and less "posed" (for lack of a better word). I got to know director Vince McEveety and talk to him in private, and I didn't even get his autograph, because it just didn't feel like this kind of meeting, if you know what I mean.
But back to your question: Shatner's autograph was 100 Euros, and I only payed that much because it was Captain Kirk himself. The usual rate at German conventions (30ish euros for an autograph) is okay, I think.

#4 Daysleeper

Daysleeper

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:03 PM

Sounds like a great idea, having Brooks sign on a baseball. smile.gif

#5 Quark

Quark

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:33 PM

By the way, he grew up in Gary, IN, not far from Chicago. Had thought about bringing him a White Sox hat. Is that too much?

QUOTE (Daysleeper @ Jun 12 2012, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds like a great idea, having Brooks sign on a baseball. smile.gif

#6 Quark

Quark

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE (Quark @ Jun 13 2012, 02:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
By the way, he grew up in Gary, IN, not far from Chicago. Had thought about bringing him a White Sox hat. Is that too much?

From Chicago Wizard Con in August 2012

#7 Daysleeper

Daysleeper

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:41 AM

Nice. biggrin.gif

#8 WORF22

WORF22

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:47 AM

QUOTE (Quark @ Jan 3 2013, 04:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
From Chicago Wizard Con in August 2012

NICEEEEEEEEEEEEE biggrin.gif i will be seeing in April for the 20th an. of DS9 but i want him to sign my cast photo. but i will be taking a pic with him.

#9 Quark

Quark

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:53 AM

QUOTE (WORF22 @ Jan 3 2013, 06:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
NICEEEEEEEEEEEEE biggrin.gif i will be seeing in April for the 20th an. of DS9 but i want him to sign my cast photo. but i will be taking a pic with him.

Thanks guys. I was able to speak with him for what seemed like five minutes. I had asked him to sign the ball between the narrow spot between the laces and he looked at the person sitting next to him and they acted as if I asked them to walk a thousand miles for me. Even then he didn't understand. Pretty sure I showed him. Anyway not too big of a deal.

I've also thought about getting a cast photo signed one by one.

#10 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

Ok, thats a really cool collectible!

I was at SDCC years ago and several Trek Ladies were there signing autographs. Denise Crosby, Marina Sirtis, & Nichelle Nichols.

Over the years, my Collection has evolved a bit and I seem to a pretty good collection of the ladies of Star Trek...

But I kind of like your Baseball idea, which was integral to DS9.

I'd say keeping with that Theme, you should get a a water Polo Ball signed by Archer/Bakula, a Coffee Cup signed by Janeway/Mulgrew, a saddle for Picard/Stewart, and well... for Kirk... I guess you'd have to get some kinda "strange" for the shat to sign ;-)

#11 Quark

Quark

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:02 AM

QUOTE (Gothneo @ Jan 13 2013, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, thats a really cool collectible!

I was at SDCC years ago and several Trek Ladies were there signing autographs. Denise Crosby, Marina Sirtis, & Nichelle Nichols.

Over the years, my Collection has evolved a bit and I seem to a pretty good collection of the ladies of Star Trek...

But I kind of like your Baseball idea, which was integral to DS9.

I'd say keeping with that Theme, you should get a a water Polo Ball signed by Archer/Bakula, a Coffee Cup signed by Janeway/Mulgrew, a saddle for Picard/Stewart, and well... for Kirk... I guess you'd have to get some kinda "strange" for the shat to sign ;-)

I have thought about the coffee cup for Mulgrew to sign. I thought I remember seeing replicas online at one time? but they were super expensive. To be honest, if anything, Id consider buying other items that were in DS9 and have other actors sign them. Im trying to think of one. Having Armin Shimerman sign something related to the show would be awesome but Im not sure what.

#12 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:32 AM

For Armin I'd suggest a prop replica of gold pressed latinum.

#13 Quark

Quark

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

QUOTE (Commodore Kor'Tar @ Jan 15 2013, 04:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For Armin I'd suggest a prop replica of gold pressed latinum.

That's a good idea. Seen some latinum props on eBay.

#14 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 674 posts
  • Interests:scifi,comics,actionfigures,baseball,football

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:14 PM

I met Patrick Stewart a few years ago at Dragon Con.  Im so glad I got to go because that was the end for me walking alot.  I never nerd up when I meet people,but Ill be damned I did here.  We walked right passed and saw no one was in there and I could have talked to him a bit more, but I nerded out lol.  To answer the post All I get is 8x10s.  

#15 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:27 PM

Thats funny! thats where I got Sir Patrick's auto graph also, and found him very approachable. Dragon con is great for that!

#16 WORF22

WORF22

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:19 AM

2 of my new favs..

img0743small.jpg

#17 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:37 AM

2 of my new favs..

img0743small.jpg

I bet that was fun.  My wife and I got our pics with Shatner and Nimoy at Dragon con.  It was cool,but they rush you along so fast you dont get to talk at all.  Even when I waited four hours in line they would not let them talk.  Nimoy just looked up and smiled and Shatner didnt even look up at us.  I hope you were not rushed on your pics.

#18 WORF22

WORF22

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:23 AM

I bet that was fun.  My wife and I got our pics with Shatner and Nimoy at Dragon con.  It was cool,but they rush you along so fast you dont get to talk at all.  Even when I waited four hours in line they would not let them talk.  Nimoy just looked up and smiled and Shatner didnt even look up at us.  I hope you were not rushed on your pics.

man no rush at all i got to talk to Nana for about 10 min. after i took my pic,Granted I was the last one on line but she was so cool. I showed her the pic I had of my Defiant bridge and we just started talking. The good thing about the C.H. N.J. con is that it is not so big, not that there were not a lot of people but it is not like V.

#19 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:09 PM

man no rush at all i got to talk to Nana for about 10 min. after i took my pic,Granted I was the last one on line but she was so cool. I showed her the pic I had of my Defiant bridge and we just started talking. The good thing about the C.H. N.J. con is that it is not so big, not that there were not a lot of people but it is not like V.

I wish I could travel to a small con.  Theres not alot that are close that have Trek people.  There is a con in Indiana that will have Quark and Odo.  Ill be trying to go to that.

#20 Quark

Quark

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 11:11 PM

8ZuLYEJ.jpg

I absolutely love this piece I thought of and had someone attending the STLV con a few years back help me out.  If youve seen the DS9 ep, "In The Cards" then you know all about this piece.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users