• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 07:38 PM

Anyone here check out the first episode of Black Mirrors fourth season? Its an homage to Trek with Black Mirrors style of story.

Ive been slowly watching the series for the first time lately, but skipped ahead to watch this episode and was pretty impressed with it. It definitely isnt completely Star Trek, but its a very solid episode even if youve never watched the series before.

#2 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 12:52 AM

I've been interested in watching this series... in general... but I guess you need Netflix to see it?

#3 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 05:06 AM

Netflix bought the series a couple years ago so its now considered a Netflix original.

Its a very interesting show, and Id definitely recommend it.

#4 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 02:03 PM

If you're to believe the review on trekmovie,it's not exactly an homage and not what Trek fans expected. Whish is fine,as it's not Trek,it's Black Mirror,which is a very good show on it's own. Looking forward to seeing this episode as well as the rest.

#5 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 02:21 PM

If you're to believe the review on trekmovie,it's not exactly an homage and not what Trek fans expected. Whish is fine,as it's not Trek,it's Black Mirror,which is a very good show on it's own. Looking forward to seeing this episode as well as the rest.

I don't think the person who wrote that review had ever seen Black Mirror, or didn't understand what the show is about. 

It being a parody of Star Trek like Galaxy Quest would not fit the type of show Black Mirror is, but it has enough similarities for Trek fans to get some enjoyment out of watching it. 

Black Mirror overall is an excellent show, with a Twilight Zone vibe that focuses on the unanticipated consequences of modern/advanced technology.

I'm in the middle of season 3, and have watched this episode, and the only episode I didn't care for was the first one. 

#6 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 02:36 PM

I agree it's a good show,got some catching up to do on it. And the reviewer got quite a few comments in the comment section about not understanding the show,maybe this is the only episode he's seen,lol!

#7 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 02:46 PM

The reviewer got quite a few comments in the comment section about not understanding the show,maybe this is the only episode he's seen,lol!

It wouldn't surprise me if it was.

I'm sure there are a good amount of Trek fans that haven't watched Black Mirror, but will watch this episode because of how similar to Trek the trailers make it look. As a Trek fan, I'd say its worth a watch as long as you aren't expecting an episode of Star Trek from it. 

Since Black Mirror is an anthology series, that works perfectly fine too. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users