• Please log in to reply
596 replies to this topic

#541 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 01:03 PM

And HOLY CRAP!!!!,Comic Con tickets sold out in just an hour! Good thing I got my four days during pre-reg. Was toying with the idea of trying to get Preview Night today,lol.

J-R!

#542 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 11:01 AM

It really must gnaw away at the back of some fans' heads that Nimoy's last movie appearance was ST ID,seeing that so many fans hate it. I love it so I don't care,and think it's great that his last role was Spock. Also loved those commercials he did with Shatner.

J-R!

#543 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 06:08 AM

Naaaaw, I was just glad he was able to keep working in some capacity until the end. The great thing about the way he was handled as opposed to Shattner, is Spock lives on... even if it is in a rebooted universe contrived by a film making hack :-)

You know, overall both films were pretty well received by critics. The reboot, was well done, but it was just that, a reboot, and had to spend time to re-introduce and re-establish the characters for a new generation, something the previous movies didn't need to do, and as such while it was pretty technically good, the way it re-established the core characters of Kirk and Spock especially, really broke with the established values of the original characters. For me, they might as well have just created a new crew and went with it. 

But inspite of that, I really didn't dislike the rebooted film. More importantly, it connected with non-trek fans. I had hoped that they would really build on the changes they made and tell us a new story, not a remake of the wrath of Khan. It was kinda sad that Abrahams & Orci were so predictable that fans guessed it way before they even started making it.

And now... Star Trek is again in peril of being relegated to the "disenfranchised franchise" bin because Abrahms has scurried off to focus on his real love, which is Fantasy, and left the Sci-Fi projects like Star Trek in the lurch.

Star Trek has always needed a visionary to guide it. 1st it had Roddenberry, then it was Bennett, followed by Berman. We thought that Abrahams was to be the heir to the Trek Franchise, and he was certainly given the keys, but currently no one is really working on Star Trek 3, and it seems we wont even have a film now for the 50th anniversary in 2016 :-(

#544 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 07:18 AM

There is a plan B,apparently. Someone I was commentning with back and forth over on darkhorizons.com/news,had some inside info,IF it's true. It sounds more like a fan wish to be honest,but you never know.

J-R!

#545 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 12:53 PM

Honestly, the level of fan made projects has been quite good.

#546 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 02:42 PM

Oh this isn't fan made.

#547 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 08:50 AM

I'm thinking of making the dive into Drawerboxes for my comic books, but am torn.. I don't have much space for the long boxes, but would need more short boxes obviously. Decisions, decisions...

#548 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 12:12 PM

So you have a lot of comics then? I can't get myself to call them comic books 'cos they really aren't. lol! Are you a Marvel or DC guy? Or both? I'm neither,just get whatever I want regardless of who publishes it. And even though I have boxes and boxes of comics,I still feel that I don't actually collect them. It's just gotten to be a LOT of Diamond Comics boxes full of them. Yeah,I put them in the boxes they were shipped in to the store,lol!

J-R!

#549 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 12:58 PM

Yeah, I just buy whatever I like- no real allegiance! But I am mostly out of the floppies game these days; I'll buy older stuff to fill in my collection, but if I want newer stuff I usually just wait for the trade anymore.

#550 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 03:20 PM

Some goober just asked me to violate CFR part 49 chap 51 by shipping 5 lbs of gunpowder w/o declaring it a hazardous material so he could save $20

The penalty for knowingly violating that law is up to $75,000. $175,000 if it is cause of death, severe injury or property destruction.

When I told him "No" he went on a rant about how it was all government / UN conspiracy cooked up by Clinton in the 90's.

WTH is wrong with some people?

#551 WORF22

WORF22

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:22 AM

It’s the first day of spring, why the hell is it snowing??? What the frack!!!

:angry: :angry:

#552 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 03:25 PM

It's Friday. Why the hell am I still at work?

#553 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 03:33 PM

Its Friday and I left early!

----to go pick up toys at the post office!

#554 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 02:20 PM

I'm watching yet another B-movie.....the crappier the better,lol....and at the beginning they're on about Michigan having all these great lakes. It got me wondering though,which state is known for the most lakes? Is there like a lake state,or State of the Lakes or something like that? Just curious,lol.

J-R!

#555 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 04:31 PM

Michigan is known as the "Great Lakes State"....

#556 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 04:51 PM

Thanks Prom! Never really been to Michigan,just Lansing visting a Trek ladyfriend,lol. Had a good time though,and went by some fun stores. And one time she gave me Christmas cookies,yaaay!!!!

J-R!

#557 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 06:52 PM

I went to Michigan State University in East Lansing.... Lansing is definitely fun :)

Christmas cookies are always a plus...

#558 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 03:02 AM

Yeah,I had fun there. And you can never go wrong with homemade Christmas cookies,lol! Even found some fun ST stuff at a TRU. This was a few years ago,think it was still Playmates stuff on the shelves,lol. And my friend found a Klingon......one of those extreme figures,you had a Borg and a Klingon. I only ever got the Borg one.

J-R!

#559 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 02:53 AM

Yeah... but Minnesota is known as the "Land of 10,000 Lakes", and actually has something close to 12,000 lakes. So while Michigan is the "Great Lakes State", and actually has a large number of lakes (about 11,000 I think)... Minnesota edges it out for number and has branded its self as such. 

Honestly its tough to tell the difference between Michigan's Upper peninsula and Northern Minnesota. 

#560 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 11:22 AM

THAT's what I thought I heard at some point in my life,Land of a Thousand Lakes,or something like that,and it's 10,000 lakes?! NEAT! But......where do people live? Houseboats? House on poles? LOL! LOVE lakes,might have to go sometime. Maybe go fishing or something,as long as I don't get any fish I'll be very happy. I don't like fish,dead or alive. Actually,I do have a soft spot for sharks. And dolphins,but they aren't fish,even *I* know THAT! lol!

J-R!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users