no TNG O'brien???

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 21 March 2007 - 12:11 PM

Yeah, my thinking is this though. If TNG isn't doing as well for DST as they would like, DS9 and VOY are going to be completely different beasts. DS9 will do better than VOY, but not near the sales that TNG did. I think I would rather see all cast members done than take the chance later on that they might not get done due to poor sales. It would rock to get the variants, but I am playing cautious rather than optimistic. Either way, they gotta put a mold back in production. Whether a head sculpt or body sculpt is more advantageous, I dunno. I think if sales are good, DST could revisit anything they want, but if sales are poor they might not visit something at all.

#22 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 12:31 PM

QUOTE(BStu @ Mar 21 2007, 12:41 PM)  
Personally, I don't think Troi would work for a TNG Uniform Jadzia, though. I'm going to go with Crusher as I'm planning on getting a second set of wave 4 for customizing. (Engineering uniform Wes, TNG Jadzia, and movie uniform Q)

And I suppose if you really wanted to spend the money, Tapestry Picard could make a decent base for Bashir.

Just curious as to why you think Crusher will be a better build for Jadzia? I'm new to this customizing thing, so any input would be great! wink.gif

What other TNG bodys do you think would work for other crew members on DS9? I did think about the Tapestry Picard thing, but wouldn't that be a beast of a body for Bashir?

#23 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 12:34 PM

Crusher's body was taller and thinner, which is why it would work better for Jadzia. Troi is shorter and curvier.

The Picard body would be a beast for Bashir (it was a beast for Picard as well for that matter), but it is the easiest way to get a custom Bashir since it is already blue. We don't have any other blue uniformed males. Otherwise you would have to paint another body.

#24 Mason

Mason

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 423 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Collecting Action Figures, Collecting DVD's

Posted 21 March 2007 - 09:24 PM

Although if you've seen how much Tapestry Picards are going for on ebay at the moment, perhaps it'd be easier (and cheaper) to just paint another body.

#25 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 05:03 AM

You probably won't see him until DS9 2nd or 3rd wave. And probably no DS9 Worfs as he has already been released in the past.

#26 A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 05:55 AM

I wonder if TNG O'Brien might come with his pet spider? (Remember "Realm of Fear"?) I think that would be a pretty cool accessory.

And I agree. At some point TNG O'Brien will be released, but probably not til his DS9 "core figure" comes out.

#27 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 06:28 AM

QUOTE(knightone @ Mar 21 2007, 01:34 PM)  
Crusher's body was taller and thinner, which is why it would work better for Jadzia. Troi is shorter and curvier.

The Picard body would be a beast for Bashir (it was a beast for Picard as well for that matter), but it is the easiest way to get a custom Bashir since it is already blue. We don't have any other blue uniformed males. Otherwise you would have to paint another body.

That makes sense for Jadzia. For Bashir, yeah, I wouldn't use a Tapestry Picard anyway because of the scarcity (and I've only got one). I wouldn't trust myself to paint, both to get the right color, and to a lesser degree, the application of it. But the replacing body parts I can do just fine!

And I do agree, I'd be surprised if they landed up never making a TNG O'Brien.

#28 Mason

Mason

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE(Sybeck1 @ Mar 22 2007, 10:03 PM)  
You probably won't see him until DS9 2nd or 3rd wave. And probably no DS9 Worfs as he has already been released in the past.
I'd say the only DS9 Worf we could see is the Season 4/5 Worf in the red shouldered uniform...here's hoping anyways.

#29 pickard

pickard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 07:13 AM

QUOTE(Mason @ Mar 23 2007, 11:43 PM)  
I'd say the only DS9 Worf we could see is the Season 4/5 Worf in the red shouldered uniform...here's hoping anyways.

I'd buy that one if they offered it, Mason.

I'm probably just going to buy the FC/NEM outfits of the DS9 crew, but I'll make an exception for my man Worf, if given the opportunity.

#30 Mason

Mason

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 07:24 AM

QUOTE(pickard @ Mar 25 2007, 12:13 AM)  
I'd buy that one if they offered it, Mason.

I'm probably just going to buy the FC/NEM outfits of the DS9 crew, but I'll make an exception for my man Worf, if given the opportunity.

It makes sense that they'd release that one. If they're releasing the TNG figures in both TV series and movie uniforms, and we know that Jadzia and Sisko are coming out in both Season 3/4 and Season 7 uniforms. We've already got NEM Worf to cover the Season 7 look. I'm with you pickard, I' buy it if they offered it.

TNG O'Brien may come out as a con exclusive or something. I don't think it'd be part of the regular line unless it's further down the line.

#31 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE(Mason @ Mar 24 2007, 08:24 AM)  
It makes sense that they'd release that one. If they're releasing the TNG figures in both TV series and movie uniforms, and we know that Jadzia and Sisko are coming out in both Season 3/4 and Season 7 uniforms. We've already got NEM Worf to cover the Season 7 look. I'm with you pickard, I' buy it if they offered it.

TNG O'Brien may come out as a con exclusive or something. I don't think it'd be part of the regular line unless it's further down the line.

TNG O'Brien could also be used as a chase figure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users