• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Goro

Goro

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 04:50 AM

This doesn't make much sense to me, considering they're releasing Ro, Barclay, Ogawa and Q... and not O'Brien? Considering his large role on TNG (and not even counting his feature role on DS9) he's more important than those first 3 (Ro, Barc... etc). Do you all think he'll come out as a variant in the DS9 line?

#2 jason

jason

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 05:12 AM

I would bet good money that the TNG Obrien will be out for DS9 if the current way of releasing the figures holds up.

#3 Captain Kidd

Captain Kidd

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 06:47 AM

It would be nice to see O'Brien with the TNG crew however when/if DS9 is released we may see TNG O'Brien as an exlusive.

#4 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 08:10 AM

I wouldn't worry, I am sure he will show up soon.

#5 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 08:51 AM

Agreed. I think we'll see him as part of DS9, and we'll get a TNG variant at that time. After all he's core crew for DS9, but not really for TNG.

#6 teddyk

teddyk

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 09:48 AM

I concur - it seems like a given that we'll get a TNG O'Brien in a future DS9 wave. I just hope it's wave one! smile.gif

#7 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 02 September 2006 - 09:59 AM

We saw all of the DS9 Starfleet crew in TNG uniform so I woudln't be surprised if we see all of them as exclusives somewhere down the road.

#8 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 12:02 PM

I agree, and wil probably get them all too.

#9 ECH

ECH

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 05:35 PM

Yep, its inevitable we'll see TNG O'Brien in the DS9 line. I didn't think of the possibility of seeing Dax, Sisko and Bashir in TNG uniforms, but you're right we have seen them all in that uniform.

#10 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 08:53 PM

I also agree.

It's O'Brien!!

And as said...Ro, Reg & Alyssa but no O'Brien huh.gif they seemingly are saving him for later.

Plus the figure will be nice & cheap to make.

He'll show up.

smile.gif

#11 LwaxanaLover

LwaxanaLover

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 09:31 PM

#12 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 09:47 PM

Ummm.... No. Please, just a regular release in DS9, and a variant in a TNG uniform will do nicely thank you!

#13 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 08:07 AM

Agreed. no more bagged figures please.

#14 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 09:59 AM

We also have to remember that Chuck said that they weren't finished with TNG yet. Just be patient. But even so, it's not like he'd be a hard custom to pull off.

#15 Captain Kidd

Captain Kidd

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 10:43 AM

TNG O'Brien will likely be a variant when he is released in the DS9 line or as Stormfury pointed out DST is not finished with TNG so maybe when DST released the DS9 wave with O'Brien a TNG wave may include a TNG version of him as a regular release. Anyhow, he is such an easy variant that I cannot see DST not taking advantage of this down the line. It is just a matter of time.

#16 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 11:16 AM

I'm hoping we'll see a TNG wave with red uniform Worf, red uniform Geordi and red and gold uniform versions of O'Brien.

#17 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 11:33 AM

QUOTE(Stormfury_Echo @ Mar 21 2007, 10:59 AM) View Post
But even so, it's not like he'd be a hard custom to pull off.

That is true! So easy even I can (and did) do it! I just used a Data body, and popped O'Brien's head and hands from the "Trials & Tibbleations" figure on and: instant TNG O'Brien!! I was very happy with how it worked since I've never tried anything like that before. The hands required a little bit of the plastic that holds them in the socket cut off since his was a little longer.

Now when Jadzia comes about, I've got an extra season 7 Troi on the way so I can make her in that uniform! Too bad there's no blue TNG people to make a Bashir with. sad.gif

#18 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 21 March 2007 - 11:40 AM

At this point I am gonna be happy just to see the regulars in their latest season uniforms. We might get lucky and see all of the Starfleet personnel from DS9 in TNG uniform ... afterall, they all wore them in Emissary. With the way the line is playing out, I would prefer that DST concentrate on latest season and complete the crews. Then if things are going well, go back and do some variants.

#19 BStu

BStu

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 11:41 AM

I'm not worried about getting a TNG O'Brien, either. Its such an obvious varient, after all.

Personally, I don't think Troi would work for a TNG Uniform Jadzia, though. I'm going to go with Crusher as I'm planning on getting a second set of wave 4 for customizing. (Engineering uniform Wes, TNG Jadzia, and movie uniform Q)

And I suppose if you really wanted to spend the money, Tapestry Picard could make a decent base for Bashir.

#20 BStu

BStu

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 11:52 AM

QUOTE(slayerone76 @ Mar 21 2007, 01:40 PM) View Post
At this point I am gonna be happy just to see the regulars in their latest season uniforms. We might get lucky and see all of the Starfleet personnel from DS9 in TNG uniform ... afterall, they all wore them in Emissary. With the way the line is playing out, I would prefer that DST concentrate on latest season and complete the crews. Then if things are going well, go back and do some variants.

The nature of production, though, means that if they do the varients, they are most likely to do them together. DST adopted this release strategy in part because it allows them to make the parts in greater volume. If we get Emissary uniform figures, we'll likely get them when we get the Season 1 and Season 7 figures. If we don't, we probably won't. Personally, I'd love to get Generations uniform figures for the TNG crew, but even if they have all the necessary parts, I'm not betting on it just because they'd need to put the head sculpts all back into production. Its not like the Thomas Riker figure, for instance, replaced any other figure. They made it because it was a simple repaint. "Waiting" to do that figure likely would have meant not doing that figure under the current production model. While not impossible to go back to previously produced figures (the never ending TOS Kirk's, for instance), its not exceptionally likely either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users