Photo

series 3 set sold out at NFC and DST Yay!!!

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#21 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE(LwaxanaLover @ Mar 15 2007, 12:49 PM) View Post
Okay last time I try to start a new thread, you can find a more positive outlook in a nursing home. dry.gif

Awwww.....Lwaxanalover!!! laugh.gif

As people have told me many times before, it is fine for us to bring our optimism to the board, but someone else really does need to offer a different viewpoint...thats what makes forums interesting.

People are not trying to destroy our hopes, but merely offer an alternative idea....even if it's not what we want to hear. smile.gif

#22 LwaxanaLover

LwaxanaLover

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 11:40 PM

#23 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 15 March 2007 - 06:09 AM

I believe this is great news. If the line is selling well there really canbe no justification for not making more figures!! I hope the trend continues for DS9 because that means we are almost certainly going to see Voyager figures!

#24 LwaxanaLover

LwaxanaLover

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 10:53 AM

#25 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 05:29 PM

QUOTE(LwaxanaLover @ Mar 15 2007, 04:40 PM) View Post
At least ya didn't tell me to calm down laugh.gif LL

No, I don't need you flying to Australia to punch me in the back of the head! laugh.gif

QUOTE(LwaxanaLover @ Mar 16 2007, 03:53 AM) View Post
I think it's just getting started!!!! LL

What is LL?

And I hope you are right. I've had my fingers crossed for this line for a while now...& I will continue to do so.

I want it to do well for DST & for all of us.....& for all the actors in Trek who are yet to be made in such awesome form.

#26 Goro

Goro

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 08:30 PM

I like the line but I hope there will be yet again another line by a different company, hopefully Playmates, in the future. This line is just too big (size/scale wise) for me.

#27 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 16 March 2007 - 08:32 PM

I think LL is a abbreviation of LwaxanaLover Artistix unsure.gif From what I've gathered from some of my local comic shops, DST requires them to order by the case when it comes to Series 3. So it's probable no different for Rick, since he has a store front, as well as the online store doesn't he? Anyway, back to what I was saying tongue.gif While they can order the Preview exclusive stuff individually(like Lore), to get Barclay, they have to order by the cases. So this frustrates some of the less collectible comic shops in my area rolleyes.gif Which could explain some of the sales not meeting expectation that DST was commenting about wink.gif Hopefully though, this is good news for DST and their partners though, as I would love to see a Voyager line eventually biggrin.gif

#28 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE(Goro @ Mar 16 2007, 09:30 PM) View Post
I like the line but I hope there will be yet again another line by a different company, hopefully Playmates, in the future. This line is just too big (size/scale wise) for me.

Another company wouldn't have to get the license to give us smaller figures. A year or two ago, AA was going to make 4" Trek figures for a Japanese company and DST was going to be the US distributor for them. The project fell through, but that doesn't mean it won't be eventually resurrected or that a similar project can't come out of DST in the future.

#29 LwaxanaLover

LwaxanaLover

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 09:23 PM

#30 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 17 March 2007 - 03:08 AM

QUOTE(LwaxanaLover @ Mar 16 2007, 10:23 PM) View Post
The one ray of hope I have about the size of AA/DST's figures is this... Buffy figures are pretty much the same size and they have a library playset ...

They are? The Trek figures seem to tower over the Buffy ones.

I am taking comfort in the product we are getting. Chuck has said, time and again, that DST doesn't like to leave any line unfinished. Although I would argue that DST dropped the basic 6" Buffy line with plenty of options still remaining. I think we will see most, if not all, of our favorite main cast characters from all the series and a few extras to boot. Like it or not, the days of Playmates glory is over. I know I don't like it. I think sales would be the same even if the scale were smaller. I personally like the bigger look and feel of these figures. I think they can do a lot more with the sculpt when its bigger.

#31 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 17 March 2007 - 09:18 AM

The problem with redoing the same scale is you run into people who would refuse to buy the same figure in the same scale. Granted at first I didnt like this new scale but Ive gotten used to it. From a customizers standpoint this line in interchangeable with many other lines as well. The Playmates line was nearly impossible to find good heads and such.

#32 pickard

pickard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 11:34 AM

QUOTE(LwaxanaLover @ Mar 15 2007, 01:40 AM) View Post
I know, I know. I've seen them say it to ya before... I guess I just didn't realize how many "glass half empty" people there are out there unsure.gif At least ya didn't tell me to calm down laugh.gif LL

If I say the glass is half-empty, that doesn't necessarily make me a "glass half empty" person. If the glass really is half-empty, that observation may just mark me as an honest observer and a realist.

LL, the glass isn't full. By any definition, but most importantly by DST's own evaluation, the line isn't a great hit. Chuck has said repeatedly that sales of the TNG line have been disappointing.

DST is having a hard time finding retailers to carry certain exclusives, something that wasn't an issue with the first two waves. Rick may be ordering more, but it seems like he's the only one. And let's not forget that Rick and DST had to arrange for the exclusive Data just to move the Riker/Troi two-packs he wasn't selling otherwise.

That's not to say that the line won't rebound (though the lesser popularity of DS9 & VOY makes that unlikely) or that it won't continue for many years to come. (Buffy's still going.) It's just that some of us are tempering our enthusiasm and expectations based on these facts.

#33 LwaxanaLover

LwaxanaLover

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 01:09 PM

#34 pickard

pickard

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 01:53 PM

I hope you get your Ens. Jaxa figure, too, LL.

She was in two of the very best TNG episodes.

smile.gif

#35 LwaxanaLover

LwaxanaLover

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 05:32 PM

#36 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 06:33 PM

To my knowledge, Jackson is not a Bajoran name. tongue.gif

#37 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE(LwaxanaLover @ Mar 17 2007, 02:23 PM) View Post
I love your Majel montage but where is the Daughter of the 5th house, Holder of the sacred Chalice of Rixx, and Heir to the Holy Rings of Betazed? Where's number one? Where's the love? laugh.gif In case you didn't notice the picture on my avatar(?) is Playmates prototype for Lwaxana... those beautiful earrings... they never had a chance sad.gif LL

It is more a Chapel focus. Though ofcourse I want to see all of Majels characters in AA/DST form.

QUOTE(slayerone76 @ Mar 17 2007, 08:08 PM) View Post
I personally like the bigger look and feel of these figures. I think they can do a lot more with the sculpt when its bigger.

I'm a fan of the scale as well. Though it would be nice to see little 3 3/4" figures...like the awesome Potter ones coming out soon. The smaller the scale, the greater the possibilty of cooler, larger inclusions with the figures & ofcourse....playsets.
http://www.trektoy.c...p?showtopic=634

QUOTE(pickard @ Mar 18 2007, 06:53 AM) View Post
I hope you get your Ens. Jaxa figure, too, LL.

It would be nice to see an S7 female in gold. I think she would look great on Troi's body.
I wouldn't mind seeing the two fella's from the episode as well for some crew building. Think their names were Sam Lavelle &.....was it that Vorik guy from Voyager?

#38 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 08:04 PM

I think he was played by the same guy, but I believe the name of the character he played in the episode was Taurik, or something like that. It's like the Tom Paris/Nick Locarno thing.

#39 pickard

pickard

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 08:20 PM

Yeah, Taurik and Vorik were both played by Alex Enberg, son of Voyager creator and producer, Jeri Taylor.

She said at one point that the two characters were twins, but there's no canonical evidence to support that.

(I was just reading about all this at Memory Alpha a few days ago, coincidentally.)

#40 pickard

pickard

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 08:25 PM

Taurik & Vorik

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users