Photo

series 3 set sold out at NFC and DST Yay!!!

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 LwaxanaLover

LwaxanaLover

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 05:32 PM

#2 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 05:40 PM

I've noticed that whole sets of wave 3, as well as individual Datas and Barclays seem to be selling out at a few places. Geordi and Lore, though, don't seem to be selling as fast individually.

I think it has more to do with the particular characters than anything else. Data is ever popular. Barclay has a fan following and also, being the chase figure, is more limited and desirable. This is also the first time the chase figure has been an unique character rather than a variant of a core characeter. So that ups its desirability as well. If people can't find him individually, they might buy the whole set just to get him.

#3 A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 05:44 PM

Playing devil's advocate, it may also simply mean that they cut production on the figures to match perceived demand, rather than a sudden uptick in sales. Unless someone at DST decides to tell us, we won't know if the supply was cut or the demand increased. (Maybe both)

#4 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 05:55 PM

I know they are cutting production numbers on the ships, so it may be true here as well. Some retailers might have bought less of this wave than the others as well.

However, I believe Rick said he bought the same quantity of this wave as the others. So, at least with New Force, sales may be higher than the previous two wave releases. Of course, Rick often keeps some supplies in reserve when he can and it may just be that he has not put that reserve (assuming he has any) up for sale yet. We'll see.

I certainly hope that this wave was more of a success than prevoous ones. Of course, even if it is, it woudn't necessarily mean that the line as a whole is picking up.

#5 jason

jason

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 06:17 PM

UPS lost my wave and Im still waiting on them to pay Rick for losing them and for him to re ship the wave to me. I cant wait to get these.

#6 LocutusOfTuborg

LocutusOfTuborg

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 01:17 AM

QUOTE(A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees @ Mar 14 2007, 12:44 AM) View Post

...it may also simply mean that they cut production on the figures...

Yep, exactly my thinking.
The 1st wave must have had much more numbers... as they are still lying around here (in Germany) in every major comicshop and in all the onlineshops... It must have been a desaster for the shops, they bought the core wave of 8 !! figures and are still sitting on them.
Star Trek is clearly a niche market. Take Munich, where I'm living, for instance... No more Star Trek / Star Wars merchandise shops... the 2 major ones closed 3 or 4 years ago, because they were not able to pay the rent anymore and Munich is Germanys 3rd largest city. There is still one "bigger" shop in Hamburg, one in Cologne and a couple of small ones in Berlin, but thats it!
And all of these shops are forced to sell the figures for prices beyond what I normally would be willing to pay for a figure. (16-25 Euro = $22-32, without shipping!)

LoT

#7 pickard

pickard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 05:54 AM

QUOTE(A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees @ Mar 13 2007, 07:44 PM) View Post

Playing devil's advocate, it may also simply mean that they cut production on the figures to match perceived demand, rather than a sudden uptick in sales. Unless someone at DST decides to tell us, we won't know if the supply was cut or the demand increased. (Maybe both)

Exactly.

#8 Hirogen

Hirogen

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 07:34 AM

Not a good sign for me; I never picked up this wave yet.

#9 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 10:28 AM

Yeah, not a good thing for me either. I'm just getting into trying to pick up the TNG figures and already I'm looking at large prices for Nemesis Geordi (granted I saw him in the DST store but can't buy anything till this Friday) and Barclay. :\

#10 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 10:42 AM

I've noticed that AFX has gone to requiring that you purchase a whole case for wave 3 & 4.

Which, at this point may be the only way to get that Barclay if you really want him.

But I agree with the sentiment that the production runs are lower. There are not as many (if any) brick retailers pegging these. Tower Records was the last place in my area that I could see them on a peg.

#11 NewForceComics

NewForceComics

Trek Toy's Official Vendor

• VIP
  • 219 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 02:23 PM

hello all...
we are sold out of wave 1, just about sold out of wave 2, and I have a miniscule amount of wave 3 on reserve (which I will make available as soon as I can)...I have found that many folks that were "new" to us, ordered wave 2 from us as well as 3 (too bad we are out of wave 1)...so, increased demand for us, might be a result of less production/other sources...
our orders are the same, and in fact, will be increasing!
rick

#12 pickard

pickard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 04:10 PM

The local outlet of the regional comic chain in my area, which ordered bunches of waves 1 & 2 and still has many on their pegs, ordered extremely light on wave 3.

#13 LwaxanaLover

LwaxanaLover

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 04:12 PM

#14 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE(NewForceComics @ Mar 14 2007, 03:23 PM) View Post
hello all...
we are sold out of wave 1, just about sold out of wave 2, and I have a miniscule amount of wave 3 on reserve (which I will make available as soon as I can)...I have found that many folks that were "new" to us, ordered wave 2 from us as well as 3 (too bad we are out of wave 1)...so, increased demand for us, might be a result of less production/other sources...
our orders are the same, and in fact, will be increasing!
rick

What do you think someone should make their highest priority, wave 2 (I'm looking at the set of 5 for $49.99) or the Red Data?

#15 LwaxanaLover

LwaxanaLover

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 04:39 PM

#16 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 14 March 2007 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE(Jedigreedo @ Mar 14 2007, 06:20 PM) View Post
What do you think someone should make their highest priority, wave 2 (I'm looking at the set of 5 for $49.99) or the Red Data?

If you are trying to complete the crew as they were seen on TNG then Wave 2. If you are into variants that CoC Data. He probably will be more expensive on eBay and such, but someone like me, who only wants the crew as they were seen for most of the show CoC doesn't interest me.

#17 Kassle

Kassle

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE(A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees @ Mar 13 2007, 04:44 PM) View Post

This was my thought, as well...

#18 LwaxanaLover

LwaxanaLover

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 07:49 PM

#19 A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE(LwaxanaLover @ Mar 14 2007, 09:49 PM) View Post
Okay last time I try to start a new thread, you can find a more positive outlook in a nursing home. dry.gif

^ Maybe, but only on Jell-O day biggrin.gif

#20 LwaxanaLover

LwaxanaLover

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 08:49 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users