Photo

Marvel Legends

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#21 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 04:03 PM

I think I may pick up Thor but that is about it. I am not to impressed with what I hve seen so far.

Gothneo, Did you pick any of them up? If so could you get us some pics? biggrin.gif

#22 gibbspaulus

gibbspaulus

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 11:32 AM

I'm a little pee'd off! Inspired by Artistix's Movie Xmen shot on another board I started on the movie range, picking the figures I wanted (not going completist), before getting some more core iconic figures. Browsing FP I picked up the Toybix X Men wave 2 Colossus, which was a drama in itself. The whole peg was reduced to a fiver having the appearance of having been painted by a blind person with Parkinson's. I finally found one where the red and yellow were two separate areas!

At the same time I picked up Toyfare to read on the way home. What did I see, the bloody HML wave three shot of movie Colossus!

#23 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE(gibbspaulus @ Apr 2 2007, 03:32 AM) View Post
I'm a little pee'd off! Inspired by Artistix's Movie Xmen shot on another board

It's actually on page one of this thread as well.

#24 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 09:23 PM

Yep I did pick them up!

Sorry about the slow reply...

#25 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 09:27 PM

#26 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 09:27 PM

#27 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 09:28 PM

#28 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 11:14 PM

They aren't really bad looking figures.

The Scarlett Witch biggrin.gif ah, the drama that figure caused. Is that the bearded or the slightly fixed version? She looks kinda bearded.

The Bafs all look awesome together. I have pieces of a few of them. I will not be satisfied with my X-men ML display until I have a few Sentinels....gotta have them.

Cheers for the pics Gothneo.

#29 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 10 April 2007 - 11:49 PM

Glad to see some pics of the HML2 biggrin.gif It's definately going to be easier picking up these, as opposed to series 1. Although I'm most likely picking those up, since I picked up UIM and Planet Hulk last week when I was in Seattle tongue.gif I have to judge for myself how cool the Annihilus is laugh.gif Thanks for the picks, according to some folks in my area, they've started hitting Wal Mart's in my area. Might see if the Mrs. wants to take a trip or not. Oh, and I expect to see pics of the FF She Hulk G wink.gif Yes, Sam, that's the bearded one. I saw a beautiful custom of her using the Psylocke figure and new hair. I might try something like that, but repaint the existing face. Since I feel it wasn't a bad face, just not the vavoom I associate with the Scarlet Witch wub.gif

#30 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 09:36 AM

Yeah finding a SW with a good paint application is/was tough. I actually have a Second Witch, that I've been meaning to customize and fix. It shows though that sometimes less is better. Sure people are complaining that there are too few paint applications on Hasbro ML, but I honestly think that pict shows that it's better to err on the side of less.

I found these more than 2 weeks ago, and have not seen another set since.

#31 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 14 April 2007 - 08:04 AM

I have a bunch of build a figure extra pieces specifically from Giant man (both legs, parts of arm) and apocalypse (head and other pieces). Im never going to finish these figures so if you want them i would be willing to make a trade.

#32 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 06:45 PM

This year the comic con exclusives for HML will be She Hulk & apparently Stan Lee...unless Stan is coming out later...I'm not sure but he is arriving this year.

Shulkie will come in her regular duds plus her courtroom gear:

#33 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 30 May 2007 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE(Artistix @ May 30 2007, 07:45 PM) View Post
This year the comic con exclusives for HML will be She Hulk & apparently Stan Lee...unless Stan is coming out later...I'm not sure but he is arriving this year.

Shulkie will come in her regular duds plus her courtroom gear:

Stan might be the ultra rare exclusive figure that will go for $100 but im just guessing

#34 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 10:59 AM

I still have not seen one of these anywhere in my area. The shelves are still packed with Hasbro ML series 1 (minus Ironman). The only one I actually thought about getting though was Thor. Hasbro has ruined the ML line for me so I have stopped collecting them.

#35 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 11:18 AM

I'd *love* to get my hands on the exclusives, but since I can't get them in person, that'll never happen. sad.gif I think Hasbro has gotten a little better with wave two, but they're still not to ToyBiz level yet. My one friend warned me when I picked one up that it wouldn't stay to "just one". I should have listened.. lol.

#36 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 31 May 2007 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE(JMW326 @ May 31 2007, 12:59 PM) View Post
Hasbro has ruined the ML line for me so I have stopped collecting them.

I agree. Wave 1 looked hideous! And from what I've seen they don't look much better in the newer waves. Damned shame too. I still think their Phoenix figure was one of the best figures ever made!

#37 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 07:07 AM

The only thing I have seen different on the Hasbro figures is the lack of a final wash of black paint to bring out the details of thesculpt. Look at the Thor comparison above. You can see how that wash/airbrush can drastically change how the figure looks. Besides from that the figures are exactly the same. I also think the selection of characters has been really bad which makes people feel bad about the line.

#38 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 02 June 2007 - 07:35 PM

JMW, let me know if you need Thor and the next time I see him I will pick him up wink.gif I hear what everyone is saying when it comes to the HML line, but with each wave it seems to be getting better. While I'm not really impressed with the SDCC FF She Hulk(It's not comic book accurate), I see what THSBR is saying too. Of course I immediately jump over to devil's advocate and could say, I'm paying $9.99 per figure rolleyes.gif I shouldn't have to repaint the damn thing dry.gif Of course my wife puts it much more simple terms: "I supported you when you wanted to collect the Toybiz line honey. But the Marvel Select are only $14.99-19.99 and look alot better than the Hasbro figures".

#39 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 12:59 AM

Is someone going to the con that will have She Hulk, and wants to help a canadian out?
I would appriciate it, really.

#40 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 01:03 AM

QUOTE(Tiberius @ Jun 3 2007, 04:59 PM) View Post
Is someone going to the con that will have She Hulk, and wants to help a canadian out?
I would appriciate it, really.

And possibly help an Aussie out!! smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users