Photo

Season 1 Picard in chair

• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

#41 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 09:55 AM

They could include a Maquis Chakotay. Or just change his hair a little because he had a lot of grey when the show first started but started coloring his hair as the seasons went on so it was black in the later episodes. It was actualy kind of a weird process becuase the male characters usualy go from dark to grey as the show goes on but he went the other way.

#42 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE(knightone @ Mar 16 2007, 01:41 PM) View Post
They don't really have to include another Chakotay, just a Janeway variant would do. That way, they won't have to adjust the price to include another figure. The other side of it can just be concealed with box art so you don't see an empty chair.

I like that idea.

Janeway, Chacotay & the chairs section would be rather expensive to produce & buy.

#43 Goro

Goro

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 05:28 AM

I don't see anything special about janeway's chair :/
maybe a janeway with a pack of different heads for hairdos..

I'd like the defiant's chair for Worf..

#44 pickard

pickard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 06:12 AM

QUOTE(Goro @ Mar 19 2007, 07:28 AM) View Post
I don't see anything special about janeway's chair :/

Do you mean that you don't like it?

Because it's clearly special, when compared to the other command chairs we've seen.

#45 Mirror Mirror

Mirror Mirror

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Collecting, Movie &amp; TV, Writing, Photography<br /><br />&amp; STAR TREK!!!

Posted 19 March 2007 - 06:44 AM

Even though I would love to have chair after chair.. (I'm serious!!!) even I fail to get exited about Janeway's.

Don't get me wrong, I am one of the minority who is very happy to proclaim my affaction for Voyager, but it was a show of many faults, and choosing to downplay the captains chair, which up until Voyager was one of the centre-peices of Star Trek, was definatly one of them!

But having said all that, I wouldn't complain if they did chose to release it. But there are certainly more memerable choices to be sure, and besides the TOS and the upcoming TNG chairs, the next would have to be IMHO TWOK or the Defiant.

Sorry, I can't choose so I say LETS HAVE 'EM BOTH!!!! rolleyes.gif

#46 Goro

Goro

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 06:41 PM

janeway's chair being non-center pissed me off..

#47 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 19 March 2007 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE(Goro @ Mar 19 2007, 08:41 PM) View Post
janeway's chair being non-center pissed me off..

It took me a long time to get used to it being off center.

#48 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 08:00 PM

Although it was nice that it was a departure from the regular "center seat" design of the other Trek bridges, why did they have to do that to the only leading female captain? It's like they took away some of her power and authority by making her share equal space with her male first officer.

#49 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE(Chalksquared @ Mar 20 2007, 12:06 PM) View Post
It took me a long time to get used to it being off center.

I never noticed it wasn't centred!! blink.gif

Her chair may not have been the same kinda construction as the others....but I can't believe people could be unexcited, it will surely be the most interesting to see! (not the prettiest though)

An official place for Captains to sit is always cool.... And having a chair for the first officer is a definate bonus. The rest of the crew will still look great posed around her & Chacotay.

#50 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE(Artistix @ Mar 19 2007, 09:50 PM) View Post
I never noticed it wasn't centred!! blink.gif

Yeah, the computer panel is in the center with the captain's and first officer's chairs flanking it. It was an interesting departure.

#51 LwaxanaLover

LwaxanaLover

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 12:19 AM

#52 pickard

pickard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 05:51 AM

QUOTE(knightone @ Mar 19 2007, 10:00 PM) View Post
Although it was nice that it was a departure from the regular "center seat" design of the other Trek bridges, why did they have to do that to the only leading female captain? It's like they took away some of her power and authority by making her share equal space with her male first officer.

I don't think anything took away from Janeway's power and authority. The character was clearly in command of that vessel and crew, regardless of where she was sitting. The fact that she was so obviously in command without having to sit on a "throne" above them all added to her authority, IMO.

#53 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 20 March 2007 - 08:08 AM

QUOTE(pickard @ Mar 20 2007, 06:51 AM) View Post
I don't think anything took away from Janeway's power and authority. The character was clearly in command of that vessel and crew, regardless of where she was sitting. The fact that she was so obviously in command without having to sit on a "throne" above them all added to her authority, IMO.

I agree! Picard had two chairs flanking him. I know he was still centered, but first officer and SHIP'S COUNSELOR? What kind of weenie captain needs his ship counselor on the bridge? I don't dislike Picard in any way, but he loses more credibility than Janeway does as far as bridge positioning goes as far as I am concerned. She only needed one person as her 'right hand' and that was her first officer.

#54 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 09:04 AM

I liked Voyagers bridge much more than the Enterprise-D. It had more of a Starship Bridge feel to it. The E-D always felt like an oversized living room to me. Picards chair may have been in the center but it sat back farther than the rest and was over shadowed by the large horse show above him. It realy made him look like a small insignifigant part of crew. And the counselet sitting there next tom him did not help matter at all. I would much rather have the voyager command section than Picards E-D chair. The only reason I will buy the E-D chair is because whitout the rest of the bridge around it it looks like a generic captians cahir that could be used for a display with any captain.

#55 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 10:46 AM

QUOTE(JMW326 @ Mar 20 2007, 09:04 AM) View Post
I liked Voyagers bridge much more than the Enterprise-D. It had more of a Starship Bridge feel to it. The E-D always felt like an oversized living room to me. Picards chair may have been in the center but it sat back farther than the rest and was over shadowed by the large horse show above him. It realy made him look like a small insignifigant part of crew. And the counselet sitting there next tom him did not help matter at all. I would much rather have the voyager command section than Picards E-D chair. The only reason I will buy the E-D chair is because whitout the rest of the bridge around it it looks like a generic captians cahir that could be used for a display with any captain.

One thing about the TWOK bridge that I always found interesting is that the Captains chair is not in the middle, the Helm/Navigation station is. It's right square in the middle of the room. But as far as starship bridges are concerned, I think the 1701 Refit, Enterprise A (ST:VI), Defiant and NX-01 had the most militaristic bridges that made the most sense. They felt more purpose oriented than alot of the other bridges. Voyager's wasn't bad either, now that I think about it. As far as the Enterprise D is concerned, the bridge that we saw in Yesterday's Enterprise was a little more main stream, but over all, that bridge and ship's interior in general just had too many earth tones. (Darn Gene's pacifism!)

#56 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 20 March 2007 - 12:06 PM

QUOTE(slayerone76 @ Mar 20 2007, 10:08 AM) View Post
Picard had two chairs flanking him. I know he was still centered, but first officer and SHIP'S COUNSELOR? What kind of weenie captain needs his ship counselor on the bridge?

Oh c'mon, Slayer. Having the ship's counselor next to you is essential! If you run into a Romulan you want to know if he is lying or not, right? Or if you are in a weird realm of space, wouldn't you like to have an empath next to you screaming she senses a powerful mind in it before going in?!? Of course you would! "I SENSE... GREAT... SADNESS, CAPTAIN!" wink.gif

#57 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 12:12 PM

"I SENSE....GREAT....OVERACTING!"

#58 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 03:35 PM

QUOTE(Stormfury_Echo @ Mar 21 2007, 05:12 AM) View Post
"I SENSE....GREAT....OVERACTING!"

It's what the first season of Trek shows is all about laugh.gif

#59 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE(Artistix @ Mar 20 2007, 03:35 PM) View Post
It's what the first season of Trek shows is all about laugh.gif

Unless you're Terry Farrell, then it just follows you until your character dies

#60 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 04:02 PM

QUOTE(Stormfury_Echo @ Mar 20 2007, 05:41 PM) View Post
Unless you're Terry Farrell, then it just follows you until your character dies

blink.gif Ouch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users