• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#41 Goro

Goro

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 09:42 PM

please try to get lavender and maroon Troi.. I don't want to have to order from other sites

#42 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 12:44 PM

QUOTE(Tiberius @ Sep 27 2006, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mine was $47, including shipping. I guess I cant complain too much.
I still think I am going to paint it, perhaps blue. I have an extra spock head.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't let you do it. So many people want one of these and you want to kill it. I think that I may be sick. blink.gif Oh man I think I need to lie down...

#43 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 06:53 PM

You could trade two of the Canadian Expo Kirks with someone for two of the Pilot Kirks with chairs. You could sell the Expo Kirk, use the money to buy a Pilot Kirk with chair and still have money left over. The figure is basically the same so, for customizing, it would be the same and you can keep the much rarer Expo Kirk or let someone who wants it MIB have it. With so many people clamoring over this figure, you would probably do some MIB collector a big favor by trading or selling it to them.

#44 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE(JMW326 @ Sep 28 2006, 06:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't let you do it. So many people want one of these and you want to kill it. I think that I may be sick. blink.gif Oh man I think I need to lie down...

I is it ok to get up yet? My head is spinning!!

#45 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 12:44 AM

Oh great, now I read this, after I bought five more, and customized them...
Just Kidding. I did however open him as he looked too bright in the package, and I have yet to keep any in package so far, well not quite true, but I have to open one of each...
I have some pics of the comparisons, my Expo Kirk's insignia is buggered, nothing a little repaint wouldnt fix, you be the judge. For the record, I dont think it would be fair to me to give two Expo Kirks for two chair Kirks, perhaps two to one, but I dont have access to so many, I did what anyone else here can do, bid on one... I may even get another, and leave it in package, but I dont have anywhere to keep it.

#46 anderbre

anderbre

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 01:38 AM

Wow! Expo Kirk should come with a pair of Sunglasses! That thing is wayyy too bright!

I don't plan on opening mine. I accidently ended up with 2 Pilot Kirks with chair and I prefer that figures colour so I'll put Expo Kirk away biggrin.gif

#47 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 07:47 AM

The more I see the Expo Kirk, the less I want it... especially for around $50. I just think it's totaly inaccurate.

About the only thing special about it is the packaging, it has the wrong acessories, and it's the wrong color IMO.

This one is easy for me to ignor.

Now that Troi however... That's a different story. I really like that one and the more I hear/see of it, the more I like it.

Come on DST! Card it and release it! Let me give my money straight to you and not to some scalper!

#48 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 08:37 AM

I think, after looking at those pics, that the expo Kirk is pretty inaccurate colorwise, so i think getting the Kirk in the chair would be better since it looks much more accurate to me and you get the chair with it for much less than the expo Kirk. I think i will get the SDCC WNMHGB Kirk and maybe after a few months when the Expo Kirks are selling for 20 bucks or so i will get one of them.

#49 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 10:39 AM

Believe me, it is much yellow"er" then the pic shows. Someone posted one MIP earlier, and that is the real deal, unless my gamma is off on my monitor. Now that I have opened it, dont you agree, I should paint it!?!

BTW, I am sure the price will eventually go down, I dont know how many this seller has (he is selling one per day at No Reserve, and one almost every week @ BIN $60ish). Of course whomever tries to sell one is going to want their $40+ back.

#50 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 11:01 AM

QUOTE(VulcanFanatic @ Sep 29 2006, 07:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and maybe after a few months when the Expo Kirks are selling for 20 bucks or so i will get one of them.

Agreed. I really don't want to spend more than $25 for it shipped.

#51 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 11:36 AM

/\ /\ /\ That is how I feel about it.
I would like one but do not want to spend an insane amount of money on it.

#52 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 01:38 PM

Well i broke down and bought a Expo Kirk on ebay. It was a buy it now that included free shipping and it wasnt too bad on the price, so i jumped on it. If they come down even more in the future, i may get another one for display too. Waiting for it to ship from Canada now. Seems like the last time i bought something from Canada on ebay it took 15 days to get it.

#53 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 10:30 AM

Got my Expo WNMHGB Kirk today, and besides the Veeerrryyy yellow command shirt, he looks great! His flesh tone is good and even, unlike a lot of the TOS YSK figures from the 2003 SDCC .His shirt is accurate as far as i can tell, other than color, particularly the coller as compared with Pikes, which is pretty accurate as far as i can tell. I paid $45.00 on a buy it now from ebay for the Expo Kirk, which included free shipping, which turned out to be 10 dollars, so the seller really made about 35 bucks on it. Figuring that he paid 20 bucks for it at Expo, i think him making 15 bucks net profit wasnt too bad, considering he had to package it up, which was nicely done, and drive to whereever he shipped it out. He also had to pay admission to get into the Con too, so considering all of that, i am not to bent out of shape paying out 45 bucks. Now if DST would just put up all the exclusives they sell on their store website for us to get at regular prices or with autographs with a slightly inflated price like the Marlena Moreau figure, then i think we would all be happy with the exclusives thing.

#54 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 11:08 AM

Obviously the WNMHGB Kirk sold out, other wise Rick would have gotten some, but it seems that the person who owns that gr8collectibles bought allot of them as he's been putting up several each day for that last month now.

That's really too bad, because if DST had simply limited the number for sale, they would have had extras that they could have sold on their website.

Likewise, if what you were saying was true about the Summit Retail execlusive being offered at another Con in indiana... I'm at a loss of why DST didn't find a way to offer the extras up on their website.

I thank The Donster for his fine answers to my querries on this topic in the "Ask the Donster" forum, but I think DST still needs to figure out how to do better with exclusives. Contrary to the response, they are not as easy to obtain as other manufacturers.

Palisades had a collector club that guarenteed exlusives, Toy biz makes their exclusives redily availble in quantity and through distribution that you can find them at retail if you persist, Hasbro offers exclusives through the star wars shop so even internation fans can obtain them at retail (pls shipping) w/o going to conventions.

#55 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 11:45 AM

QUOTE(Gothneo @ Oct 18 2006, 12:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Obviously the WNMHGB Kirk sold out, other wise Rick would have gotten some, but it seems that the person who owns that gr8collectibles bought allot of them as he's been putting up several each day for that last month now.

That's really too bad, because if DST had simply limited the number for sale, they would have had extras that they could have sold on their website.

Likewise, if what you were saying was true about the Summit Retail execlusive being offered at another Con in indiana... I'm at a loss of why DST didn't find a way to offer the extras up on their website.

The expo Kirk was limited to one per customer. However, some people probably used roundabout means to get more.

We also don't know the Troi variant is sold out. So it still might show up as a giveaway with purchase on DST's site or elsewhere.

#56 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 01:19 PM

I stand corrected then!

thank you Knightone. I did not realize that DST had limited the fan Expo kirk to one per customer.

And yes I don't think they did sell out of the Troi, but I guese what I was saying is sense it was a Summit Excl, once the summit con was done, DST should have made them avilable to all fans through a retailer or directly on their website.

The other way to do these types of things is to make the con exlusives available at every con they attend throught the year. My point is not to malign DST here, but to keep suggesting ways that they could improve the coverage and really maximize the number of Fans taht can purcahse their product.

I'm pretty sure we all want to give our money to DST, and they are a for profit company, and right now they aren't getting the max dollars out of me that they could!

#57 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 01:51 PM

You never know about the Troi. They might be waiting to coincide a giveaway with purchase type deal with the Data/Laforge wave. They'd probably do it with a $60 purchase like they did at the conventions, so they'd probably have to wait for a release that would allow someone to purchase $60 worth of new Trek merchandise.

#58 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 02:13 PM

That's true. I still expect to see her on a card at some point!

But I digress and will keep back on topic (sorry for the divergence).

I'm hoping to see the Kirk drop in price, but if what you say is true and DST did try and limit the purcahses, then I fear that we will be stuck with the few speculators that grabbed extras and I'd have to wait to see if one ever gets to the low end price for me.

#59 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Art Asylum 7&quot; Star trek action figures.

Star trek &amp; writing fan fiction.

Posted 19 October 2006 - 07:01 AM

What some of you guys have paid for this exclusive figure has definately put the ceiling on what I would be prepared to pay for a single figure ~ even given the relatively favourable exchange rate.

It may be worth hanging back and waiting to see if any Hong Kong seller starts putting some of these up on ebay. He may be a convention exclusive, but unlike Marlena and Maroon Troi, my bet is that he will either appear of Forbidden Planet some time soon (as did YSK and MM Scotty), or some canny Chinaman has a stock that will be let out one by one on ebay.

That's how my husband found my second Shran ~ long after I'd given up hope and contented myself with a singly, and we paid no more for it than we would have in the UK and the shipping was extremely reasonable ~ and fast! The item arrived a little dusty (obviously has a storefull!), but in fine nick once I dusted it off!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users