Posted 02 March 2007 - 03:57 PM

Last night, I watched

#2 BStu

BStu

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 04:25 PM

I'd like it. But here is where the scale gap rears its ugly head. They couldn't share any parts to do it, assuming Voyager adopts the TNG scale. So, they'd have to either sculpt a new Tuvok head or a new TOS Movie body. So, call me pessimistic.

I have to say, if they manage to make it all the way out to Voyager, I won't be expecting much or any variants. Maybe multiple hair sculpts for Janeway. Maybe a repaint for 7of9. Maybe a ECH or a Movie Uniform Doctor (he wore that one episode, didn't he?) or even Lewis Zimmerman from his VOY or DS9 appearances. But given the nature of the series, its just not as a varient inclined and I could see them using that to their advantage. I'd just be hoping the line might justify the production of some Generations uniform figures or maybe Q in that uniform or Barcaly in the movie uniform. They've moved away from varients to a large degree already and I think Voyager offers a good reason to move even further away.

#3 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 04:35 PM

I'll be Happy to see a core voyager crew...

#4 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 06:00 PM

Any Voyager figures will be awesome biggrin.gif

But as the thread is titled 'variant ideas'....I'm sure I can think of a few.

Bun Janeway
Pony tail Janeway
Short hair Janeway
Rambo Janeway from Macrocosm
Killing Game Klingon Janeway
Killing Game WWII Janeway
Mirror Janeway
Borg Janeway
Flashback Janeway
Governess Janeway
Arachnia
Katerina & Da Vinci (with flying machine ofcourse!) biggrin.gif

Marquis Chakotay
Mirror Chacotay
Killing Game Chacotay

Klingon Torres
Human Torres
Marquis Torres
Borg Torres
Killing Game Torres
Skydiving Torres from Extreme Risk
Juggernaut BD Torres
B'Elanna in engineers jacket (pregnant season)

Tuvix
Borg Tuvok
Killing Game Tuvok
Flashback Tuvok

Mutated Paris
Captain Proton Paris

Short hair Kes
Long hair Kes
Warlord Tieran Kes
Old Kes from Fury or from

Captain Proton Kim
The Cute BD Kim
Favourite Son Taresian Kim
Aged Kim from Timeless

Seven - all coloured outfits!
Borg Seven
Killing Game WWII black suit Seven
Killing Game singer Seven
Tsunkatse Seven

Virtuoso singer EMH

Marquis Seska
Bajoran Seska
Cardassian Seska

That'll do me for now!!! laugh.gif

#5 LwaxanaLover

LwaxanaLover

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 02:19 AM

#6 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 03 March 2007 - 01:30 PM

Oddly enough, as this is my favorite Trek series, I don't want too many variants.

Janeway short and long hair
Chakotay maquis and starfleet
Paris starfleet and pilot's uniform from Drive
Harry Kim starfleet and pilot's uniform from Drive
B'Elanna maquis and starfleet
Kes short and long hair
Seven borg and lust-suit (color variations would be cool - oh heck, I see con exclusives galore with her)
Tuvok starfleet only
Neelix regular and starfleet
Doctor regular and ECH (is a must have!)

I would also like to see Seska, Carey, Wildman two-pack, some Borg drones, and a bunch of baddies. I would love to see all of the other variants we could possibly get, but I would be happy with core cast and one variant each.

#7 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 05:05 PM

I'm not exactly a big Voyager fan, but would like to see "Flashback" versions of Janeway and Tuvok. I think it would be great if they did two 2-packs or a box set of Janeway and Sulu and Tuvok and Rand with brand new in-scale sculpts of Sulu and Rand.

I don't think we'll see Endgame versions of the crew, although it would be nice. At the very least they should do the three people that were in Starfleet uniform: Janeway, the Doctor, and Kim. Maybe throw in Barclay as well.

Borg variants of Janeway, Tuvok, and (was it?) B'elanna would do well, I think.

I have to say I don't see them doing hair variants of anyone, not even Janeway. I think the season 7 look is what we can expect as far as standard uniform versions for everyone.

#8 pickard

pickard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 07:21 PM

I can see five versions of 7 of 9

Borg drone
Silver catsuit
Red (plum?) catsuit
Two-tone blue catsuit (my favorite)
Starfleet crewmember from "Flashback"

#9 Hirogen

Hirogen

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE(pickard @ Mar 3 2007, 06:21 PM) View Post

I can see five versions of 7 of 9

Borg drone
Silver catsuit
Red (plum?) catsuit
Two-tone blue catsuit (my favorite)
Starfleet crewmember from "Flashback"

I think you mean Starfleet crewmember from "Relativity" smile.gif and that would be a great variant.
I have to say I am very surprised to see so many people responding, I thought I was one of the only people on this board that liked Voyager. You guys have great ideas!

#10 pickard

pickard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE(The Green Lantern @ Mar 3 2007, 08:29 PM) View Post

I think you mean Starfleet crewmember from "Relativity" smile.gif and that would be a great variant.
I have to say I am very surprised to see so many people responding, I thought I was one of the only people on this board that liked Voyager. You guys have great ideas!

Yes, GL, it's "Relativity". Of course, "Flashback" was the Sulu episode. (I'm so embarassed. sad.gif )

Thanks.

I don't see a ton of variants beyond Seven. Would Tuvix count as a variant? I could see them making that one, since it's a very memorable episode.

I hope we don't see Endgame variants. Not only was it an episode reviled by many (not me, I loved it), but the future Starfleet uniforms never worked for me. Especially in that episode, they just seemed ill-fitting.

#11 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 10:11 PM

QUOTE(pickard @ Mar 4 2007, 12:45 PM) View Post

Would Tuvix count as a variant? I could see them making that one, since it's a very memorable episode.

You're right, he wouldn't count as a variant.

Different actor, entirely new head.

I liked the funkified engineers uniform he wore biggrin.gif

#12 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 04 March 2007 - 09:13 AM

wow a lot of the good ones have already been covered. heres my list

Borg 7 of 9
Half Borg 7 of 9
I would love to see the Equinox Crew as a SDCC exclusive or something
Endgame figures
ECH
and basically everything else already listed would be perfectly fine with me.

I think Voyager lends itself nicely to multiple customs and it would be a shame if they dont get the same treatmnet with at least a few good variants.

#13 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 09:29 AM

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that if Seven of Nine is made as a great looking figure, it will be one of the if not the best selling figure in the Star Trek Line.

#14 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE(FHC @ Mar 5 2007, 02:29 AM) View Post

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that if Seven of Nine is made as a great looking figure, it will be one of the if not the best selling figure in the Star Trek Line.

I don't doubt that.

She's quite a charismatic lass....the Trek world seemed to fall in love with her rather quickly.
Ofcourse, as mentioned, it would depend heavily on her sculpt. I'm sure they will pull out all the stops to give her an amazing body...but the faces are often a mixed bag.

#15 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 09:43 PM

I think we will see a plethora of variants and exclusives of 7 of 9 once the Voyager line comes along.

#16 Mason

Mason

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 423 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Collecting Action Figures, Collecting DVD's

Posted 08 March 2007 - 04:32 AM

See, I'd be pretty happy with just the standard crew. They wore the same uniforms right the way through the series so they'd most likely release 7th season versions. I gotta agree with Pickard though, the two tone blue 7 of 9 is the best. Followed closely by the Starfleet Uniform 7 of 9 from "Relativity" and "Human Error."

#17 BStu

BStu

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 09:34 AM

Wild idea, maybe for 7 of 9, they'll do one signature figure and then do a shared exclusive with multiple paint schemes with different merchants. She's certainly a recognizable character, so I think you'd see more interest in taking on an exclusive from the usual merchants, and doing it as a shared exclusive would spread out some production costs while doing multiple repaints (lets say 3?) would allow each merchant to get a unique product. It'd drive the completists a little batty, I'm sure, but its a way to get a number of permutations of her outfit released. The main version could be sculped with a low collar, while the exclusive could be the high collar outfit. Or vice-versa. I forget which was used with more color variations. Palisades did something like this with their Muppets line, so its not unprecidented. Here would actually be a lot more appropriate.

#18 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 08 March 2007 - 10:28 AM

QUOTE(Mason @ Mar 8 2007, 05:32 AM) View Post

See, I'd be pretty happy with just the standard crew. They wore the same uniforms right the way through the series so they'd most likely release 7th season versions. I gotta agree with Pickard though, the two tone blue 7 of 9 is the best. Followed closely by the Starfleet Uniform 7 of 9 from "Relativity" and "Human Error."

I would LOVE to see a 7 from "Human Error" because she didn't have her Borg implants and her hair was in a nice, relaxed pony tail. And it was always nice to see her in an actual uniform.

#19 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 10:38 AM

I just looked up the episode "Human Error". Now I remember that episode. Jeri Ryan looked really good in that episode. I'd love to see a variant or two from the episode. But, I think, a Relativity version of her in standard uniform is the most likely non-catsuit variant other than a borgified version of her.

#20 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 08 March 2007 - 12:30 PM

QUOTE(knightone @ Mar 8 2007, 11:38 AM) View Post

I just looked up the episode "Human Error". Now I remember that episode. Jeri Ryan looked really good in that episode. I'd love to see a variant or two from the episode. But, I think, a Relativity version of her in standard uniform is the most likely non-catsuit variant other than a borgified version of her.

I agree, Knight... but let me have my dreams, damnit... for that's all I have left. I mean... aside from my figures. tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users