• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#21 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 01:27 PM

Thanks Rick for the info, cant wait to hear what the set will be. I really want that Red Data! Not being able to find the Red Data when Playmates was producing Star Trek figures is what caused me to stop collecting them back then. No internet to track one down back then. Hurry up with the details!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was thinking, Rick said the set was something that was already out. I wouldnt be surprised if this was a freebie figure to get you to buy more 7th season Worf and Rikers that im sure have piled up since the Thomas Rikers were short packed and most people probably ordered a set leaving retailers with a lot of extra 7th season Worfs and Rikers.

#22 Captain Kidd

Captain Kidd

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE(michaelmotorcycle @ Nov 4 2006, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is interesting.

Since it is a set of 3 and it is being combined with something that is already out, could it be Tapestery Picard and Maroon Troi? A sort of "varient uniform" set?

I think you may have hit the mark there michaelmotorcycle'. From the hint that Rick gave way this is the only thing that comes to mind and makes sense with the TNG set.

As Rick said: "the item(s) it will be given away/combined with is in fact already out..." "but you will get 3 figures for $30"

So the question is, what figures have been release "are in fact already out" and that were not available everywhere not part of a regular run. It only makes sense that the other 2 will not be regular released characters becausewe would already have them and making this special not so special. So what other 2 TNG characters that are already out and were not wildly avaibable?

Tapestery Picard was only availabe with the purchase of the Q DVD.
Maroon Troi was only available as a freebie to retailers at the Baltimore Con.

This just makes sense. Also, this could also be the reason why the production run will be very small, DST has a very small quatity of left over of Tapestery Picard and Maroon Troi. Making it possible to "combined" them to a new figure making the new figure Data from Chain of Command (Red Uniform) the desired part of the "special".

Here is a pic of Data from Chain of Command

#23 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 07:18 PM

I think that it's getting teamed up with the DX Mayweather and a Q in Robes

#24 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE(FHC @ Nov 4 2006, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think that it's getting teamed up with the DX Mayweather and a Q in Robes

LOL! Wouldn't that be a miracle!

If it comes with Tapestry Picard and Maroon Troi, then that would be perfect. It would make some sense, actually, since Rick said these would probably be available in January and the Picard mail-away offer ends at the end of December. It would be great if this were the case. Even if it's with something like S7 Data and Lore, I wouldn't mind. I hadn't planned on getting them, but I would if a red uniformed Data were given away with them. Now if Riker and Worf figures were what you have to buy, well, I overdid it on the first wave and have way too many Riker and Worf figures now. I'd still get a set just for the Data in that case, though.

#25 NewForceComics

NewForceComics

Trek Toy's Official Vendor

• VIP
  • 219 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 08:19 PM

hello all...
just thought I would shed a little more light...it is not maroon troi or picard tapestry, as those are figures that are promos and cannot be sold...our "red" data is a sellable figure, that DST is specifically making just for us, in a small quantity, to help us "move" some excess figures...so, while we could easily sell the entire run of Red data's by themselves at $30+ each (I mean, look at the Canadian Kirk, all 1000 sold for $20+ and are reselling on ebay for well more than $30), we felt that it was better to make the Red Data part of deal where our customers can feel good about spending $30 and not just getting one figure...also keep in mind, that between the cost of the red data, and the cost of the figures that will be part of the red data special, we will be breaking even only, this is not a "profit" motivation (if it was, we would sell the red data by itself for 2-3x srp, and make a tidy sum), but a recoup cost/clear out some product from our warehouse operation and get our customers a cool figure in the Red Data that otherwise would not be made...
rick

#26 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 08:24 PM

So the question is, what figures have been release "are in fact already out" and that were not available everywhere not part of a regular run. It only makes sense that the other 2 will not be regular released characters becausewe would already have them and making this special not so special. So what other 2 TNG characters that are already out and were not wildly avaibable?

Rick only said that the other figures that Data will be coming with are allready out, he never said that they were not available or part of a regular run. He could very well be combined with Riker and Worf like VF said or it could be any of the ones that have allready been released. We will just have to wait and see. Either way Newforce can expect an order from me as soon as they are anounced. biggrin.gif

You beat me to it Rick. LOL. Thanks for the info.

#27 Samwise Gamgee

Samwise Gamgee

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 09:29 PM

This is great news! I've been hoping we would get an announcement from DST ever since I made this image way back in August.

I'm curious to find out who he'll be packed with, that's for sure. Thanks Rick!

#28 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE(JMW326 @ Nov 4 2006, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rick only said that the other figures that Data will be coming with are allready out, he never said that they were not available or part of a regular run. He could very well be combined with Riker and Worf like VF said or it could be any of the ones that have allready been released. We will just have to wait and see. Either way Newforce can expect an order from me as soon as they are anounced. biggrin.gif
You beat me to it Rick. LOL. Thanks for the info.

Glad Rick cleared that up somewhat for us. I think its a good idea to offer the freebie Data to help him get rid of excess stock, as i posted before. I know i would be willing to buy another 7th season Worf and Riker to get a free Data. I have two of all of the Rikers and Worfs but they are all MIB, so i wouldnt mind some extra to open and display if i get a free Data exclusive with them. Cant wait to get it!

#29 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 04 November 2006 - 09:54 PM

I'll be more than happy with buying already released figures to get this one. Its cool that Rick does such great things for the fans ... I mean just breaking even ... how does he stay in business? blink.gif biggrin.gif Anyway, I'll certainly be purchasing.

#30 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 10:11 PM

In the words of Beavis, " YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!"

#31 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 10:45 PM

That's cool. If this had been a convention exclusive, it would probably have been $20+ or you would have had to buy something like $60 worth of other stuff to get it. At $30, you get two other figures with it. Regardless of whether or not we have them already, it's still a great deal to be able to get a limited figure like this. Thanks, Rick, for bringing this figure to us.

#32 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE(NewForceComics @ Nov 4 2006, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
h...our "red" data is a sellable figure, that DST is specifically making just for us, in a small quantity, to help us "move" some excess figures...

I have no problem with such a promotion, and in fact I like it! If it turns out that the other two figures are figures I allready have excess of I'll be sure to donate the extras to T4T or some charitable organization.

This sounds like a great deal to help Rick move excess stock, and maybe if people were sittin on the sidelines of this line it'll get them to buy in.

Terriffic Idea!

#33 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 11:52 PM

Hmmm, I call Nemesis Riker and Troi as the incentive to get CoC Data.

#34 jason

jason

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 11:57 PM

I am personally hoping it Picard and Troi from S7. I have yet to pick up openers of them so that would be a great set. I bet its Riker and Worf though. I will buy them to get him, even though this will be my third set of them. My Worf's blister card is damaged so this could be a good thing.

#35 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 03:39 AM

QUOTE(jason @ Nov 4 2006, 11:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am personally hoping it Picard and Troi from S7. I have yet to pick up openers of them so that would be a great set.

Me too. The only things I have from the Picard/Troi wave are the FC Picard and Nemesis Troi and Riker. If it's S7 Picard and Troi, they would at least be figures I don't have yet. If it's Riker and Worf, then I'll be on my sixth set of those figures. Yeah, I went crazy with the first wave. I was trying to support the line as much as I could at its launch.

#36 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 04:49 AM

I understand that. I have more extras of that first wave then I want for sure. I doubt that they will sell for a while so I may have to eat them. LOL

#37 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 08:21 AM

I am thinking that Rick may have a "buy two for $30, get a free Red Data" sale that would include any previously released figures that he has excess of . The Riker/Troi two pack is priced below 30 bucks, so i wouldnt think he would jack it up to 30 bucks for a sale. My second set of Riker/Troi that i ordered was an "opener" from Rick for $16.99 for the set, and i couldnt tell that it was in any worse shape than any other carded figure ive ever ordered, so i was pleased with the price.

#38 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 09:04 AM

Or it could be the other way around. Buy the Data for $30.00 and get whichever of the two previously released figures he has extras of. Instead of two for thirty and a free Data.

#39 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 09:58 AM

Well... I had been only buying the core characters, and only one of each... (that is untill Tower Records marked them down 30%!)

I have very few extra's of this line, and none of the Nemisis figures, so just about anything NFC includes will undoubtably please me as I'll just keep them in the package.

#40 pickard

pickard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 11:13 AM

This doesn't sound great to me. I know we don't even know what the deal is, but many of the guesses put out rub me the wrong way slightly.

Basically, if I was a really loyal customer of Rick's and pre-ordered or bought when items first came out, I got the two figures for around $30.

If I didn't buy those figures, I can now get the same figures plus a rare variant for the same price. That just doesn't feel right.

I'll have less of an issue with this (and it's just a minor issue, really) if we get to choose which 2 figures we want from the available stock of previous releases.

If we're told the two other figures are X & Y, and I already bought X & Y from Rick, that'd stink. If I could choose 2 figures I never bought, or figures I'd like doubles of, that'd be much more palatable.

I'm sure people will point out that you're getting the red Data for $30, and it's worth at least that much. I don't disagree. It's just the fact that I really think this favors people who didn't order from Rick instead of his loyal customers.

And, of course, everything works out well for you loons who buy multiples of every variant. wink.gif

Dan (Mr. Negativity)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users