New Force's Chain of Command Data

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#1 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 03 November 2006 - 07:54 PM

Rick was kind enough to post about New Force's exclusive 'red' Data from Chain of Command over in the Vendors section. I am pumped about this figure. I love the uniform variants. It just sounds like it might be a crazy, weird, expensive exclusive the way he talks. Lets see how things go! I'm excited!

#2 NewForceComics

NewForceComics

Trek Toy's Official Vendor

• VIP
  • 219 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE(slayerone76 @ Nov 4 2006, 01:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rick was kind enough to post about New Force's exclusive 'red' Data from Chain of Command over in the Vendors section. I am pumped about this figure. I love the uniform variants. It just sounds like it might be a crazy, weird, expensive exclusive the way he talks. Lets see how things go! I'm excited!

hello all...
I can't say too much yet....the production run will be very small, but there is a reason for that, that will become clear...and, the manner in which we will release the figure will make it such that pretty much only "collectors" get one (or 2), and not folks that want to buy 100 and resell on ebay...we are going to make sure that all that want one, will pretty much be able to get one, but there will be a catch...details revealed soon
rick

#3 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 08:06 PM

I'm thinking it's probably going to be either a premium or part of some special set. I know he said it will be limited, but there will probably end up being more than enough to go around.

#4 NewForceComics

NewForceComics

• VIP
  • 219 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 08:36 PM

QUOTE(knightone @ Nov 4 2006, 02:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm thinking it's probably going to be either a premium or part of some special set. I know he said it will be limited, but there will probably end up being more than enough to go around.

hello all...
correct...will be premium of another set purchase, and essentially will be a "free" with the purchase of the other set...there will be no wholesale on the figure (at least not initially, want to get into the hands of the collectors first)....details will be forthcoming in the next 2 weeks
rick

#5 michaelmotorcycle

michaelmotorcycle

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 08:39 PM

This is exciting news. Another good reason to order by the set from New Force...

QUOTE(NewForceComics @ Nov 3 2006, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hello all...
correct...will be premium of another set purchase, and essentially will be a "free" with the purchase of the other set...there will be no wholesale on the figure (at least not initially, want to get into the hands of the collectors first)....details will be forthcoming in the next 2 weeks
rick

#6 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 08:41 PM

I'm all tingly with anticipation!

#7 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 03 November 2006 - 08:48 PM

Thanks for the info Rick! I am looking forward to this!

#8 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 09:11 PM

Yes Rick, Thanks. I look forward to hearing more about this. biggrin.gif

#9 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 09:17 PM

Thanks for the info.

#10 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 09:25 PM

I wonder what it's going to be given away with. The wave 3 figures or, better yet, the second half of wave 3? Either an AGT Data/LaForge two pack or a FC Data/Nemesis LaForge set? Whatever it is, I can't wait to hear more.

#11 The_Donster

The_Donster

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 03 November 2006 - 10:28 PM

OK gang with Artistix probable sleeping at the moment or preoccupied, I had to go hunting for a pic of Data in the command uniform. While I can remember there were Cardassians, something about lights and Riker confined to quarters, I couldn't remember Data in the red uniform. So I did a google search and came up with this one below. If anyone else has a better pics, let's see them. Me personally, this is a exclusive I can climb on board with biggrin.gif

#12 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 04:39 AM

This was says it was from Redemption. The funny thing is that to the best of my memory he never wore it in that Ep.

#13 DST Trek Collector

DST Trek Collector

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 04:42 AM

GREAT!! I always loved it when Data got that uniform! (even tho' it woz only once!)

Question for Rick though:
Will you have an offer for just the figure on its own? Only i didnt know about this and ordered the set from forbidden planet here in the UK (save on shipping). I would hate to have to buy the set again to get probably the figure i want most out of them. Thanks!

#14 DST Trek Collector

DST Trek Collector

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 04:56 AM

Right i thought one psot would be enough but i thoguht of a load of other stuff to say i'm so excited!
I hope it doesnt turn out like tapestry picard and maroon troi, and it probably wont, as nfc has it!
Also, i hope it will be a reasonable price and there will be enough for everyone.
I will only want one when they get out, and i want to make sure i get one as uick as possible. When do you reckon they wil be up for preorder?
I am a collector, and i only want one, not for reselling or anything.
Anyone else think that offering it on its own is a good idea?

#15 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 06:31 AM

I don't mind at all that it's a premium with the purchase of something else. It's coming from New Force so it's not like it is being given away at a convention or some other event I can't get to. This should be easy enough for everyone to get (just be sure to get it early!).

Also, I think the set it's going to be given away with is something that hasn't been announced yet. So don't worry about your previous order from FP. This wouold also make the fact that you can't buy it by itself of no real concern. Since you'll probably want whatever set it comes with anyway.

#16 pickard

pickard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 07:18 AM

QUOTE(FHC @ Nov 4 2006, 05:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This says it was from Redemption. The funny thing is that to the best of my memory he never wore it in that Ep.

Yeah, I remember being confused by the release of a "Redemption Data", since he didn't look any different in that episode.

I'm not that excited about a red-shirt Data. Though I love the episode and having the character switch to command red, I'm not much on variants and don't think Data looked particularly good in red.

Don! "Cardassians" and "something about lights"? This was a great 2-part episode. You need to rewatch this story, I think.

Also, I believe it was Chain of Command that brought us the best costume change of all, Marina Sirtis in a regular duty uniform. wub.gif

#17 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 07:28 AM

THERE ARE 4 LIGHTS!!!

#18 NewForceComics

NewForceComics

• VIP
  • 219 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE(knightone @ Nov 4 2006, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't mind at all that it's a premium with the purchase of something else. It's coming from New Force so it's not like it is being given away at a convention or some other event I can't get to. This should be easy enough for everyone to get (just be sure to get it early!).

Also, I think the set it's going to be given away with is something that hasn't been announced yet. So don't worry about your previous order from FP. This wouold also make the fact that you can't buy it by itself of no real concern. Since you'll probably want whatever set it comes with anyway.

hello all...
just a note, never said it was something that has not been announced yet, in fact, the item(s) it will be given away/combined with (insert whatever wording you wish), is in fact already out...
Ultimately, the "red" data will be the desired part of the "special", but you will get 3 figures for $30, keeping it a good deal for all...
as we reveal more details, all will be clear
thanks
rick

#19 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 01:19 PM

It's time to break out the Magic 8 Ball and ask it some questions

Will it be here in Jan?

The answer is cloudy

What figures will it come with?

please ask question again

#20 michaelmotorcycle

michaelmotorcycle

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 01:20 PM

This is interesting.

Since it is a set of 3 and it is being combined with something that is already out, could it be Tapestery Picard and Maroon Troi? A sort of "varient uniform" set?

Maybe it is a set of Data's, though they aren't out yet, just announced.

It would be interesting to hear other speculation....

QUOTE(NewForceComics @ Nov 4 2006, 02:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hello all...
just a note, never said it was something that has not been announced yet, in fact, the item(s) it will be given away/combined with (insert whatever wording you wish), is in fact already out...
Ultimately, the "red" data will be the desired part of the "special", but you will get 3 figures for $30, keeping it a good deal for all...
as we reveal more details, all will be clear
thanks
rick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users