78 replies to this topic

#41 DavAnthony

DavAnthony

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 12:59 PM

QUOTE(JMW326 @ Sep 21 2006, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will just be happy if they do them at all...

Yeah I'm in the same boat. They've been dragging their feet on these for so long I would be happy if we got the main 7 just in their red uniforms. Of course I'ld love all of the other variations everyone has mentioend but I'd be thrilled with

#42 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 04:36 PM

Just having the 7 core characters in standard uniform would be fine for me. However, I would prefer them to do the figures in waves just like they're doing now, with multiple variants of each character. I suspect that's how they will do it if they do the movies.

Hopefully they'll also add in secondayr/guest characters and some adversaries and aliens to the mix as well. I think that would be the only real concern.

#43 DavAnthony

DavAnthony

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 10:04 PM

Oh I'd definatley prefer they do the figures in the waves fashion also. I'd love a Kirk wave with his red uniform, captains jacket, long away team jacket, commando uniform from V, vest and St III Kirk with leather jacket.
For Spock we could have red uniform, white robe from Trek IV, his black one from II, maybe even his commando uniform from V.
Villians there could be Khan, Krudge, Chang, Valeris to just name a few.

Definatley a lot of potential here I just don't know if the retail buyers are savey enought to realize it.

#44 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 11:29 PM

I'd also like any TNG crossover versions of the characters included in the waves: Admiral McCoy, Unification Spock, Relics Scotty, Generations Kirk.

#45 DavAnthony

DavAnthony

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 01:47 PM

That's a good call. I'd like those versions of Kirk, Spock, McCoy and Scotty also. That would definatley be pretty cool. Just don't know what scale I'd want them in

#46 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 01:56 PM

I'd be inclined to choose the TNG scale. Only because there was far more crossover between the TNG era and the TOS movie era. Also, the look and feel of the two eras was more closely related than TOS was to either of them. The TOS movie figures would look more in place with the TNG/DS9 figures than they would with the TOS releases.

#47 BStu

BStu

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 10:02 AM

I think at this point they need to stick with the TNG scale. They SHOULD have stuck with the TOS scale and just remade the Nemesis figures of Data and Picard, but that ship has sailed so we're stuck with what we've got and it makes sense to make the most of it now.

#48 Pike

Pike

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 10:07 AM

There has been a loud call coming even from the non-trekkers for these MOVIE figures. I for one would buy these by the case should they ever decide to make them. Plans were in the works to do SPOCK AND KIRK, but retailers thought there had been too many kirks and spocks already with the MM wave and TOS wave and AVON 3 pack and YSK. One would think that the proven sales would help persuade them to stay in that direction. Ertl produced a 3 3/4 inch figure of KIRK, SCOTTY , SPOCK AND KRUGE, I know a GENERATIONS Movie Kirk was done in a 9 inch and also a 12 Inch (spock and kirk)not sure if they were a KB toys exclusive. I was lucky enough to get two on clearance.

#49 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 10:18 AM

I think at this point they need to stick with the TNG scale. They SHOULD have stuck with the TOS scale and just remade the Nemesis figures of Data and Picard, but that ship has sailed so we're stuck with what we've got and it makes sense to make the most of it now.

I'd be inclined to choose the TNG scale. Only because there was far more crossover between the TNG era and the TOS movie era. Also, the look and feel of the two eras was more closely related than TOS was to either of them. The TOS movie figures would look more in place with the TNG/DS9 figures than they would with the TOS releases.

My thoughts exactly.

#50 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 05:40 PM

I hope that the Movie figures, if they are made, will come out sometime soon. I have been wanting them ever since AA advertised the TWOK uniformed Spock and Kirk a few years ago.

#51 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE(VulcanFanatic @ Sep 26 2006, 09:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hope that the Movie figures, if they are made, will come out sometime soon. I have been wanting them ever since AA advertised the TWOK uniformed Spock and Kirk a few years ago.

Something to look forward to.... smile.gif

Along with my Nurse Chapel figures!

I did not hear about AA planning the TWOK figures! That would have been nice to see.

Lousy AA running the line into the ground!!

#52 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 10:23 PM

Here's my wishlist for the TOS movies:

Kirk:
TMP Admiral Kirk
ST6 Captain Kirk
ST5 assault gear
Generations vest
ST5 vest

Spock:
TMP Commander Spock
ST6 Captain Spock
ST4 Vulcan robe
ST5 assault gear

#53 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 03:52 AM

I like the way you think Knightone... smile.gif

They would all be awesome.

Are we thinking we will see Classic figures after they finish DS9,Voyager & Enterprise?

That would be a long time to wait...

I'm interested in this ST5 assault gear! I'll have to check that out. We're just about up to ST5 in the TV1 Trek marathon.

#54 DavAnthony

DavAnthony

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:25 AM

I think we may see classic figures before Voyager or they may do a kind of "legacy" line that AA was talkinga bout after DS9.
This way if they are unsure about devoting a year of revenue to Voyager and/or Classic Trek they can add in some other characters here or there that they feel are more established. Considering how many Trek and non-Trek fans want classic movie characters I think that line will pretty much be a slam dunk.

#55 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 11:05 AM

I think a "Legacy line" would be the best way to proceed after DS9 , Voyager and Movie waves are put out. A "Legacy line" would enable a way to put out a regular duty Hoshi and Phlox without devoting a whole line to Enterprise, since the majority have already been released and since interest in Enterprise by DST and AA may not be there due to poor sales the first time around, and the fact that DST does not have interest in reproducing what AA has already done. A "Legacy line" would be the best way to supplement all of the lines with secondary characters that we all want. If they released a Legacy wave of 5 figures, that included one figure from each series, or so, it would go a long way towards making a vast majority of the Trek collecting fans happy.

#56 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 01:23 PM

I also think we'll see the TOS movies done before Enterprise is ever revisited. I think there is even a good chance that the TOS movies will come before Voyager. Although I think Voyager could make it for four or five waves on its own, I do think the TOS movies would do better at retail than Voyager and it would be better for the Trek line overall to have them come first after DS9.

I also agree that a Legacy line would be the best way to get a Phlox and Hoshi as well as many other secondary, supporting, and guest characters from the series and movies.

#57 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 03:02 PM

I will definately buy Voyager figures and think that they will do very well but I must have movie figures too.

#58 Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 432 posts
  • Interests:Props, uniforms, 9&quot; clothed figures

Posted 26 September 2006 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE(Artistix @ Sep 20 2006, 03:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow...I never knew Rand was only in 8 episodes!!
I thought she did the whole first season. Well there you go.
Why did they fire her if you don't mind my asking?

The official reason is that she (the character) had a crush on Kirk and he knew it. Dramatically speaking, if Kirk stayed a "ladies man" some viewers might consider that deliberately hirting Rand and therefor might find Kirk unsympathetic. And if Kirk stopped being a ladies man, he would not be a worthy leading character (hey, it was the 1960's). So Rand had to go.

Unofficially, Grace Lee Whitney had two addictions. One was to alcohol and the other one was to the things a man and a woman can do together, usually in a bed. That made her a loose canon on deck.

I also read somewhere (I don't know if it is true) that one night a man with a lot of power at either Desilu or NBC and Whitney got drunk together. He, as the story goes, became violent and almost took her by force when she refused. That man the next day used all his power to get her off the show. I repeat I don't know if any of this is true.

About the figures.

Yes, I would like some TWOK-TSFS-TVH-TFF-TUC figures (in uniform please, no civies). But about the format, I have been out of it for a while. Can someone enlighten me about the change of format? What's the difference between the old TOS format and the new TNG format? How about someone posting a picture with a figure of both formats next to each other?

I still hope they will eventuly return to the 1990's 9" clothed figures format.

#59 DeepSix

DeepSix

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE(Cpt. Phil T. Berns @ Sep 26 2006, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, I would like some TWOK-TSFS-TVH-TFF-TUC figures (in uniform please, no civies). But about the format, I have been out of it for a while. Can someone enlighten me about the change of format? What's the difference between the old TOS format and the new TNG format? How about someone posting a picture with a figure of both formats next to each other?

The new TNG figures are considerably larger than the AA TOS figures and even the Nemesis and Enterprise figures. The size is in line with the Borg Assimilation figures, although slightly smaller. They are actually similar in size to the Mego 8" TOS figures.

#60 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE(Cpt. Phil T. Berns @ Sep 26 2006, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

rolleyes.gif roflmao.gif

Just kidding Bernsie biggrin.gif

The difference is in the over all style of the figures. The TNG figures are more solid and the scale is just slightly bigger. If you put Kirk next to Picard Kirk looks like a mid teens child. I will try and get some pics up later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users