Goro's Content

There have been 82 items by Goro (Search limited from 24-April 23)

Sort by                Order  

#9648 Does anyone have a scan of...

Posted by Goro on 22 March 2007 - 03:18 AM in Playmates

ah I think someone finally might have nailed the 2nd version!
It's hard to tell still because my memory is so hazy but that looks to be it. The first time I saw it was with wave 1 and then again with wave 2

thank you

#9643 Season 1 Picard in chair

Posted by Goro on 22 March 2007 - 12:52 AM in AA / DST

QUOTE(Stormfury_Echo @ Mar 21 2007, 11:03 PM) View Post
Ezri Dax, in my humble opinion, had far more character development in one season that Jadzia did in six. I thought Nichole Deboer did a much better job with the character than Terry Farrell did in general.

i've said the exact same thing too

#9642 Season 1 Picard in chair

Posted by Goro on 22 March 2007 - 12:50 AM in AA / DST

QUOTE(Artistix @ Mar 21 2007, 11:15 PM) View Post
Ah, Nicole...such a pretty young lass. biggrin.gif

She's soooooo cute

#9485 Trouble with DST

Posted by Goro on 20 March 2007 - 06:35 PM in AA / DST

Well I think I got a refund for everything
I just thought it was weird seeing boxes show up with figures missing but the space was still there in the boxes for them.. heh

#9390 Trouble with DST

Posted by Goro on 20 March 2007 - 02:48 AM in AA / DST

QUOTE(knightone @ Mar 20 2007, 04:39 AM) View Post
How was that taken care of? Refund? Substitute?

Well he reordered the missing item (a Nem Geordi) but since it was out of stock the computer canceled it, I sent him another email saying it got canceled but haven't heard back since (said he was out until the 19th) and then this weekend I got my other order missing two figs and emailed about that too

#9376 Trouble with DST

Posted by Goro on 19 March 2007 - 09:58 PM in AA / DST

Well the customer service is great usually

For the first one though, he sent in a replacement order, but it got automatically canceled because they were out of stock

#9346 Trouble with DST

Posted by Goro on 19 March 2007 - 06:42 PM in AA / DST

I've had two orders now where one came and was missing one figure, and now another order came and was missing two figures. These hurt since they're $15 plus shipping..

#9345 Season 1 Picard in chair

Posted by Goro on 19 March 2007 - 06:41 PM in AA / DST

janeway's chair being non-center pissed me off..

#9338 Something scared me today...

Posted by Goro on 19 March 2007 - 05:26 PM in Random thoughts.

QUOTE(Gothneo @ Mar 19 2007, 11:13 PM) View Post
Well...

Hind Sight is always 20/20. Even tough I've been gainfully employed, and make a good living, and I don't have any regrets, If I had a kid going through school today, I'd wouldn't encourage them to be a scientist or engineer. Something like a Dr. or a Lawyer is what I would suggest if they have the aptitude. Other wise, I'd encourage them to pursue a career that requires some form of certification... such as welding or NDT.

hmm doctor or lawyer.. maybe I should think about doing just that

#9294 To honor "the men in the suit"...

Posted by Goro on 19 March 2007 - 05:29 AM in AA / DST

I was watching Space Seed the other day, and where Khan and Kirk were fighting, it was SO FREAKING OBVIOUS they were doubles

#9293 Season 1 Picard in chair

Posted by Goro on 19 March 2007 - 05:28 AM in AA / DST

I don't see anything special about janeway's chair :/
maybe a janeway with a pack of different heads for hairdos..

I'd like the defiant's chair for Worf..

#9280 Something scared me today...

Posted by Goro on 18 March 2007 - 11:46 PM in Random thoughts.

I have such erratic thoughts
one minute I want to be a scientist the other minute I can't stand the thought... depression does that to ya i guess

#9266 Something scared me today...

Posted by Goro on 18 March 2007 - 06:06 PM in Random thoughts.

QUOTE(pickard @ Mar 18 2007, 11:15 AM) View Post
Joining a club would only have the benefit of making contacts. I've done a bit of hiring and I never paid attention to what sort of extracurricular activities the applicant participated in. All I cared about was job history.

My advice would be to pursue any internships you can. It's vital to make contacts within your chosen industry. An internship gets you in the door someplace, and, in my opinion, that's half the battle in getting a job.

Well that's some confidence building
I think I might work for a little while after school, anywhere, and then study for GREs and get a high score and go get a Masters in genetics.. I"m sure that'll be a poppin field

#9265 Something scared me today...

Posted by Goro on 18 March 2007 - 06:05 PM in Random thoughts.

QUOTE(knightone @ Mar 18 2007, 03:51 AM) View Post
Definitely participate in something. One thing I forgot to mention that is important is making contacts. Doing extracurriculars also helps you meet people and network. That is also a much better way to find work than sending out resumes cold. Every little bit helps. So the more you do, the more experience you have, the more you have that sets you apart on your resume, and the more contacts you can make. It all works together toward ensuring a much more secure future.

I did have an internship/lab assistant thing last year.. I dropped it because of personal reasons.. so that probably won't work out. I wonder if I could still list it as experience.. do you think they'd check?

#9196 Something scared me today...

Posted by Goro on 17 March 2007 - 08:53 PM in Random thoughts.

think i should join some kind of club for my last year of college? i wish test scores were the only thing that mattered in life..

#9184 Something scared me today...

Posted by Goro on 17 March 2007 - 06:57 PM in Random thoughts.

agriculture
this disappoints me
I see all these easy degrees online and it pisses me off
I spent way too much time in college

I guess I should really go for my full potential and be a geneticist... so masters here I come.

#9180 Something scared me today...

Posted by Goro on 17 March 2007 - 05:27 PM in Random thoughts.

well, not gonna do any extracaricular stuff, but if I can't get a good job after college I"m just gonna stay home. Screw it heh, I plan on being a rockstar anyway someday.

#9176 Something scared me today...

Posted by Goro on 17 March 2007 - 04:47 PM in Random thoughts.

I was talking to my mom while at the cash register at target and telling her I hope I don't have to go for more than 2 semesters to finish college and the cashier started talking about how she went 5 years and got a masters at BYU.......... she had a masters, and was working at target sad.gif

I hope all the time I spent just getting a bachelor's isn't wasted, it encourages me to go get a PHD or something...

#9139 series 3 set sold out at NFC and DST Yay!!!

Posted by Goro on 16 March 2007 - 08:30 PM in AA / DST

I like the line but I hope there will be yet again another line by a different company, hopefully Playmates, in the future. This line is just too big (size/scale wise) for me.

#9136 2007 Conventions!

Posted by Goro on 16 March 2007 - 06:54 PM in Conventions

thanks, I'm hoping that means i"m not too late

#9115 > Custom IN SCALE S7 Picard and Fixed Nemesis Geordi Combadge, So easy a...

Posted by Goro on 16 March 2007 - 03:28 PM in AA / DST

QUOTE(thecapn @ Mar 16 2007, 12:50 PM) View Post
Wow, I didn't mean for a conversation to start on the cavemen part smile.gif

Although this has gotten pretty funny to me...

I agree about pointing a finger at all the political correctness out there sometimes, though. I mean, for instance, what's with all the different names for races? I'm white. I call myself white. When I think of my race (which I don't too often) I think "White." Black people are Black. Hispanics are Hispanic. I don't think any of those terms are derogatory in any way, and I don't intend them to be (after all, they just describe the color of our skin and nothing else about us). But not too long ago someone got mad at me for saying they were Black. They were African-American, and they got pissed at me. Why? Why does it matter? Why do we have to have politically correct terms for everything, even when the existing terms weren't derogatory in the first place?

*Sigh*

Anyway, back to the original subject, I just wanted to point you guys to the custom I did for all of you who didn't care for the S7 Picard we got. And I know there are more than a few of you! I don't want to toot my own horn, I just wanted to show that it's pretty easy and anyone can do it with a little free time and a couple of extra figures.

I wouldn't assume to call ANYone african-american... that's like calling every white person german-american.. how are you supposed to know what country their ancestors are from?
black is a skin color, just like red is a hair color and brown is an eye color..
Being offended by something is a personal choice, and I think anyone who gets offended by things is an idiot (does that offend you? hmmmm)

#9089 > Custom IN SCALE S7 Picard and Fixed Nemesis Geordi Combadge, So easy a...

Posted by Goro on 16 March 2007 - 04:49 AM in AA / DST

Oh man! If their new TV show does well I hope there are action figures.. but not by some really expensive "Artistic" company like mcfarlane... Well, maybe.. hmm that does sound good..

#9088 Would I be crazy to try and collect the Playmates line again?

Posted by Goro on 16 March 2007 - 04:48 AM in Playmates

Any for sale?

I was looking at some of your pages a while ago, I forgot where, and it showed a variation based on how the phaser was packed... to me now it seems like "oh simple it was just packed either way, not really a variation" but I remember back in 92/93 I was really trippin over that..

#9081 Would I be crazy to try and collect the Playmates line again?

Posted by Goro on 16 March 2007 - 02:41 AM in Playmates

QUOTE(FHC @ Mar 4 2007, 04:54 AM) View Post
I would say yes. They are fun and can be picked up at great prices. I have a few myself.

Just got that joke tongue.gif

Do you have

Asst. No. 6070 Series 2/3: Main crew of the Enterprise-D (old uniforms), Dr. Crusher, Scotty, Q

and possibly Crusher Duty Uniform, Captain Picard in Duty Uniform, Ensign Wesley Crusher Tasha Yar, Pulaski and the TNG crew in Generations/DS9 (first seasons) uniform?
Also Geordi La Forge (JG) (just realized he had a yellow 2nd season variant, which maybe they should have done originally season riker has a beard on his early season uniform figure)

#9080 So what was with the color blue in Star Trek TNG era?

Posted by Goro on 16 March 2007 - 02:40 AM in Everything else.

would this uniform have been the same material/color (teal) in real life as all the uniforms on DS9 etc?