8 replies to this topic

#1 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 04:31 PM

Hey everyone!

I just signed up and got approved. It's great to see there's a place to talk about Trek toys. They seem few and far between online. I became a fan at 7 with TNG.

I started by getting a good amount of the Galoob stuff (except for the rarer items, of course) and then eventually moved on to Playmates. I had a ton of TNG stuff, a few DS9 figures and pretty much all of the Voyager figures and ships. So many fond memories playing with my TNG Bridge, Transporter, Engineering set and shuttle. They were great toys.

I've gotten a few DST things here and there. I got the Ent-E and I've just ordered the other Enterprises (TOS and TWOK) as well as getting the NX-01. Definitely psyched about the new movie and I plan on getting the 3.75'' scale figures.

I make my living as a brand designer for a hobby/toy company so I'll try to take a crack at a forum header soon.

#2 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 04:34 PM

spock2.gif

#3 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 05:30 PM

Welcome to the Forum! You'll enjoy it here!

#4 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 09:16 PM

Thanks for the welcome guys. smile.gif

#5 tribble

tribble

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • Location:Iowa - United States - Earth - Sol System - Sector 001 - Alpha Quadrant - Milky Way Galaxy
  • Interests:Anything Star Trek. Laurel and Hardy. Orange County Choppers. Star Wars. Indiana Jones. Pirates. Renaissance Faires. Pirate re-enacting. Collecting Trek ships and tech. Gardening. Browsing antique shops. Looting and pillaging. Yo Ho Ho!

Posted 05 April 2009 - 11:23 PM

Welcome aboard cadet!
I became a fan at 7 with TNG.
God, I feel really old again! I became a fan when the original series was still in it's first run in the 60's! Oh well, I just have to face facts, I guess! Compared to a lot of you here, I am an old geezer! LOL But hey, if Doctor McCoy can live to be over 137 anything's possible in Trek land!!

#6 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 06 April 2009 - 02:40 PM

Hi welcome aboard! Trektoy.com is a good ship, with a good Captain! It's definately filled the void left when the old AA boards were decommissioned!

#7 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 11:31 PM

Thanks! Is it a bad sign I've been on here 5 days and I have 50-some posts? LOL.

#8 gibbspaulus

gibbspaulus

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 09:18 AM

Wotcha Jon!

#9 Gul_Macet

Gul_Macet

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 42 posts