Bridge for Playmates 4.5" figures

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#21 Atlanthia

Atlanthia

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:Model making, songwriting, DIY, general tinkering and not ever being able to just leave something the way it is!

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:00 AM

Not finished, yet, due to a lot of work and moving in with my girlfriend. I'm planning to work on it some more next year. But it won't look near as superb as your bridge.

I've been thinking a lot about your above statement and you know what? I honestly believe that, sometimes, too much accuracy can actually DETRACT from the overall effect. These are, after all, play figures and by their very essence, they are inaccurate. When projects like this are completed, I think that the successful ones are the ones that sympathetically mirror those inaccuracies and help marry the sets we build, to the figures we are building them for. If the set is TOO realistic, it shows up the shortcomings of the figure and vice- versa. I believe it's all about evoking the spirit of, e.g. The bridge rather than reproducing it button for button. That is where your build has the advantage over mine, it remains true to the spirit of why these figures were produced in the first place, and we shouldn't lose sight of that...:)

Warmest regards,
Darren

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users