Photo

McFarlane Toys Gets Entire Star Trek Licence!

• Please log in to reply
488 replies to this topic

#81 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 13 June 2017 - 07:24 PM

If the Facebook Live clip Todd Macfarlane hosted for this 44" replica was any indication, I'd say a phaser rifle might be a possibility!

https://mcfarlane.co...on-gjallarhorn/

#82 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 07:26 PM

https://www.facebook...55253301185413/

#83 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 07:32 PM

Oh man, a phaser rifle would be awesome.

#84 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 11:58 AM

That thing is massive. People can say what they want about McFarlane toys but one thing is for sure. They aren't afraid to take chances. That's not something another company that holds the Trek license can say... 

I'm still very happy that McFarlane has the license for Star Trek now. I really hope we see some stuff at SDCC. 

#85 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 07:10 PM

I've bought a few of the more recent Macfarlane Toys Color Tops 7" action figures and a few of The Walking Dead 5" figures, including Sonequa Martin Green's character, Sasha. The articulation on the 7" figures has picked up but still isn't on par with NECA. I'm hoping they will do a little more with hip articulation as Star Trek by nature calls for our characters to be ready to take the center seat. Marcus Fenix limited hip range would be hardly as noticeable as Jean Luc Picard's. I do find myself hoping for a 5" range for all of Star Trek similar to The Walking Dead line. I'm finding myself more optimistic with Star Trek action figures from Macfarlane Toys all the time. I find Todd Macfarlane to be an enthusiastic spokesperson for all of his products and generous with behind the scenes developments. Also, he seeks out ongoing rapport with his fans and followers.

#86 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 02:38 PM

Well... since the the demise of DST's Trek AF line... and the seemingly snail crawl to get anything new out in Trek Tek... I'm looking forward to seeing what they do!

Something over nothing is an improvement right?!!

#87 tuvok47

tuvok47

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 03:48 PM

Any news about Anovos' line of replicas?  They showed 3 rifles a couple...years ago?

#88 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 04:54 PM

Macfarlane would definately win over fans from way back if he'd get Rand and Chapel out there right out the gate! I'd love to see this companies' take on the M113 Salt Vampire as well.

#89 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 05:22 PM

Im hoping well see Kirk or Picard at SDCC.

I doubt we will, but its be cool to see what types of figures these are.

#90 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 03:41 AM

I think we could see something from McFarlane. It would be unsurprising but really bad if we see more from them than DST.

#91 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 05:20 AM

Not sure why it would be bad if McFarlane puts out more product?

DST has a different model... and they will have different expectations... look at the Marvel license for example... Hasbro puts out waaaaay more Marvel product than DST, but DST has a niche with their Marvel Select line and some people really like it.

Is it bad that Hasbro puts out more product than DST?  And DST has had a Marvel license longer then Hasbro!

#92 s8film40

s8film40

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 862 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 07:48 AM

More than DST, you mean like more than 2-3 items, haha. Honestly I wouldn't expect them to go into this anywhere nearly as soft as DST. When they're ready to show stuff I expect we may see quite a bit.

#93 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 11:19 AM

You're missing the point;

McFarlane: a company who's just got this licence

Vs

Diamond Select Toys: a company who've had plenty of time to launch new product

It would look really pathetic if all DST had to show was a Borg figure and the reliant.

#94 s8film40

s8film40

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 862 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 11:36 AM

In fairness DST has done quite a bit. I appreciate that they're still trying to squeeze a few products out. McFarlane has the whole universe of Star Trek to start exploring, I would expect and hope for them to come out strong. Yes it will probably make DST look pathetic, but the truth is the DST line really kind of died out long ago. I don't view that a s a negative though, it's actually pretty great that they're still working to give us a few pieces here and there.

#95 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 11:38 AM

It would look really pathetic if all DST had to show was a Borg figure and the reliant.

Naw... I don't think so... may you think so... but I don't. DST is gonna do what fits DSTs model, and McFarlane is gonna do what they do.

Sorta like Mezco toys... they gave us three great Trek Figures plus some nice variants wham! right away... but now... nothing... and they are probably evaluating the sales. I'm guessing they weren't as good as they hoped... and we are done with that line... which is too bad, because I liked it! Would have loved to at least got the bridge crew... and maybe we will... but I haven't seen much new being posted!

#96 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 12:07 PM

I'm expecting to see Reliant, the Borg Select, and hopefully the TNG Phaser from DST. 

It'd be amazing if we saw their other ship that's in the works, or an example of their "expanded license."

From Macfarlane I'm only expecting Kirk and Picard, because that's all they've said they're working on, and I don't expect them to put out a ton of product for a brand new license like Trek. 

#97 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 04:32 PM

Didn't Zach say the other ship was completed,more or less? They really should show it at the con,or at the very least announce what it is.

#98 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 04:37 PM

I'm kind of expecting them (Macfarlane) to come on strong with Star Trek: Discovery and pepper that offering with Classic, TNG and the rest of the various series throughout. I'm kind of expecting exclusives at GameStop, Walgreens, Target, Walmart, etc. I saw they have a figure of Brent Spiner coming out too. I'll share that link in another reply as soon as I can find it again.

#99 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 04:45 PM

http://www.figures.c...ure-exclusives/

#100 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 11:48 AM

Theyve revealed Kirk and Picard.

http://news.toyark.c...revealed-259644

Kirk is a definite for me, Picard is a maybe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users