#3021 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:14 AM

The nacelles being slightly too low hardly "throws the whole ship off." 

"Poorly put together"
Mine certainly isn't, there are no bad seams on it at all. 

"Fragile"
What? I'd wager the EM ship would break before the DST one would. 

Unless you're incredibly anal about all the intricate details, which most people aren't, you are aren't even going to notice what you're saying is wrong with it. 

The only way the EM D is superior to the DST one for me is with its aztek paint apps. 

Ok, that's your opinion. But let's face it, neither are perfect and in my opinion the eaglemoss version is better than the DST version for the reasons I gave.

#3022 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 01:40 AM

The nacelles being slightly too low hardly "throws the whole ship off." 

You know Ive heard this before but whenever I look at my E-D it doesn't consciously register for me.

#3023 Starfleet Doc

Starfleet Doc

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:22 PM

Well US customer service just said that issues 98 and 99 arent in stock so no june shipment so far. I asked the cs rep when they expected them back in stock and she said they dont know, almost sounding annoyed or rude in her response. Im getting fed up with the lack of any kind of accountability. Subscriptions mean you order a set amount of stuck, surplus to cover potential damaged shipments, then additional stock to sell online.

Then i was asked if i was subscribed to the specials line and i said i used to be but was told it was discontinued when the spock jellyfish came out. I was told that i elected not to receive them and i called bs. Then got readded to the list starting with the next special (swarm ship?)

In short, i was told wed be billed when they get stock in but no definitive date.

Love the collection but kinda getting sick of the sporadity of when we get shipments and when billed in addition to the specials fiasco.

I miss the british customer service.... like REALLY BADLY!

#3024 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:28 PM

Ya US support is complete garbage, it used to be amazing before with the UK support.

#3025 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 12:22 PM

Another shot of K7 from the BBTS product page.

HjvGiOR.jpg

I'm started to get tempted to get this one.

#3026 Starfleet Doc

Starfleet Doc

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 08:19 PM

I just somehow got issues 100 and 101.... weird when i havent gotten 98 and 99. But its all good. I got my first 0001-A/A. Although its on the bajoran freighter. Still, number 1 on one of the 130 issues.

#3027 Starfleet Doc

Starfleet Doc

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 08:59 PM

http://www.trektoy.c..._156_306370.jpg

Anyone else get lucky on landing the number one issue?

#3028 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 04:15 PM

Hmmm... I didn't realize that was a thing. I'll have to go back and check all of my numbers now.

#3029 hobsgrg

hobsgrg

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 04:39 AM

I finally got my jumbo D. It doesn't feel as big of an upgrade as the TOS Enterprise but still nice nonetheless. I know size wise it isn't that much bigger than the Franklin but there is a heck of a lot of metal in the jumbo D. It is now extremely front heavy with all the metal in the saucer. I would have preferred a bigger model with less metal though.

DSC05422.jpg

DSC05423.jpg

DSC05425.jpg

#3030 Starfleet Doc

Starfleet Doc

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 11:38 AM

For double the price of a standard special, i dont think the quality is there. Ive seen alot of comments saying the windows are mismatched to the mouldings and i gotta be honest, at these prices, the model should be flawless if not nearly. However they do look very nice from a distance.

#3031 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 01 July 2017 - 11:53 AM

The jumbo ships are the biggest letdown in this collection so far. I was expecting updated sculpts where need be (Enterprise-D having correctly shuttlebays and main impulse engine for instance), and near-flawless detail.

I really wish Ben would back off from his stance of having indents AND tamps applied (just remove the indents - the flatter the surface the better when it comes to the Federation ships).

If anyone's interested, I watched this yesterday whilst playing Elite - a comparison of every major Enterprise-D model made (Corgi, Eaglemoss, Aoshima and DST):

Eaglemoss have nice colours (I'd prefer a hint more of duck-egg blue), but that's about it. Comparing it to the 2006 Corgi version, which was only £9.99, well... :(

#3032 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 01:44 PM

Watched that yesterday too. The EM D is definitely disappointing. 

i still stand that I prefer the DST D, and Azteking would make it one of the best replicas of the D out there. Even with its minor flaws. 

The Corgi D has nice paint apps, but its hideous. If the life pods weren't gold, it'd look a lot better. 

Aoshima is definitely still the best, even if there are some paint issues. I really regret not getting one when I could have. 

#3033 hobsgrg

hobsgrg

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 03:17 PM

I will keep buying the jumbo ships as I do like having them in the larger size and I would like to continue making them beyond the hero ships like the BoP and Romulan Warbird. On display they look fantastic.

But it is really puzzling as to why they are literally just the smaller ships made bigger, if you get a do-over why not take the opportunity to fix some flaws/errors from the first time around? Main impulse engine might have been tricky to fix because of where it is and how it is constructed but shuttle bay 2 and 3 I can't see why they couldn't have been fixed very easily indeed.

#3034 djc242

djc242

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 05:28 PM

I will keep buying the jumbo ships as I do like having them in the larger size and I would like to continue making them beyond the hero ships like the BoP and Romulan Warbird. On display they look fantastic.

But it is really puzzling as to why they are literally just the smaller ships made bigger, if you get a do-over why not take the opportunity to fix some flaws/errors from the first time around? Main impulse engine might have been tricky to fix because of where it is and how it is constructed but shuttle bay 2 and 3 I can't see why they couldn't have been fixed very easily indeed.

I'm with you on all counts. For me it is the shape of the deflector dish that stings the most.

#3035 djc242

djc242

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 05:39 PM

Other US subscribers get issues 100 & 101 instead of late 90s models? I think I'm finally cancelling the sub and just pick up everything from their shop. The Academy Trainer, Artic Transport, & USS Rhode Island were all in stock on the site. Insane to me that loyal subscribers (what has it been 5 years now?) aren't garaunteed stock ahead of the web store. I still haven't received my sub gift Borg cube yet, after many emails and calls about it. Finally paid for one on Ebay. It's not a great item but I'm a completist unfortunately.

#3036 Starfleet Doc

Starfleet Doc

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 08:46 PM

Yeah, i got 100 & 101 before 98 & 99. I bitched about it a few posts ago. Kinda pissed that im told by the reps that theyre out of stock and the webshop has them.

#3037 hobsgrg

hobsgrg

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 01:53 AM

I can't imagine paying for the subscriber Borg cube. It's just a cheap tacky toy rather than a model, was bitterly disappointed with it when I got it. I know the Borg cube is a bit marmite but I would love them to do a large Borg cube properly as a special.

#3038 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 06:59 PM

I didn't call in to cancel my jumbo 1701 "special" in time so it shipped and now I have it. Yep...some misaligned windows but nothing too awful luckily for me.

How did some people get the Franklin already? I wish they would get on top of sending me that instead...

I am missing a few back issues still too and wondering when they will ever ship. Was notified that 100/101 shipped the other day. I am with you guys...the point of a subscription should be that I don't have to worry about getting every/anything but now I'm always worried.

And that brings me to my next complaint...why were they able to squeeze jumbos into the auto ship sub special line but not stuff I would have liked sub-guaranteed much more like the mirror ships and everything else that we had to order on our own? Answer...jumbos weren't moving on their own so they found a way to pawn on us. In other words, no reason, where there's a will....

#3039 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 07:38 PM

Subscribing seems completely pointless to me at this point. 

I'm glad I cancelled. 

I got my Franklin at the end of May in the US, and I ordered it off the store. It shocks me subscribers are still waiting for it. 

Not to mention the promo codes they regularly put up, and while they typically require a larger priced order, ordering multiple ships at once gives you a nice discount. 

My only complaint is that the damn J is still out of stock, and they really don't give you any eta's for when out of stocks will be back in stock. 

#3040 djc242

djc242

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 09:32 PM

Yeah. I cancelled today and caught up on everything except the Franklin on the store. I didn't have confidence they would send the correct back issues and who knows when they would even get new stock of them.

The cheap light up cube is growing on me! lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users