Alteran195's Content

There have been 40 items by Alteran195 (Search limited from 20-April 23)

Sort by                Order  

#98120 Here we go again... Playmates is back in the Trek business!

Posted by Alteran195 on 29 December 2023 - 03:12 PM in Playmates

I never saw any Prodigy figures either.

Not doing anything from Prodigy or Lower Decks was stupid, both shows were/are popular. 

#98088 1/350 Die Cast TOS Enterprise Crowd Funding

Posted by Alteran195 on 31 October 2023 - 07:04 AM in Everything else.

Im not super opposed to them doing the D, I just wouldnt buy it because I dont need two big Ds.

Anyone here with the Tomy ship have the light issue? Thats a very bizarre thing to have happen.

#98086 1/350 Die Cast TOS Enterprise Crowd Funding

Posted by Alteran195 on 29 October 2023 - 08:24 PM in Everything else.

A good comparison of the Tomy 1/350 and the prebuilt Polar Lights one. 

https://youtu.be/IJN...8cffBqoNdfnFco5

$600 for the Tomy vs $450 for the Polar Lights. The Tomy model blows it away, and for such a small difference in price. 

#98084 1/350 Die Cast TOS Enterprise Crowd Funding

Posted by Alteran195 on 29 October 2023 - 12:01 PM in Everything else.

good to hear I will get mine next week (hopefully) had to get it through a detour to a friend in the US as Tommy would not ship outside of the USA. so if they do more I do hope they update that policy at the very least....

Its a license issue, their Delorean is having the same issue. I doubt the next ship will be any different. 

#98083 1/350 Die Cast TOS Enterprise Crowd Funding

Posted by Alteran195 on 29 October 2023 - 11:46 AM in Everything else.

They're working on the next ship now, I'm assuming its one of the surveyed ships. So the D7, D, SNW Enterprise, or Refit. I only really have interest in the Refit or SNW Enterprise myself. Especially since I'm building the EM Enterprise D. 

Hopefully we find out soon, I'd assume once the BTTF Delorean is further along we'll get more info on the next Trek ship. 

#98080 1/350 Die Cast TOS Enterprise Crowd Funding

Posted by Alteran195 on 27 October 2023 - 06:18 PM in Everything else.

That definitely looks worth the price, really nicely detailed model and the lighting looks great. Only wish there was some way to have AC power.

Cant wait for their next ship, hope its the refit.

#98067 Here we go again... Playmates is back in the Trek business!

Posted by Alteran195 on 16 October 2023 - 02:52 PM in Playmates

Itd be hard to out in less effort.

#98064 Here we go again... Playmates is back in the Trek business!

Posted by Alteran195 on 15 October 2023 - 07:30 PM in Playmates

Was pretty easy, just screws no other adhesive. Came apart really nicely. Decided to scrap the project since I just dont have time.

#98062 Star Trek: The OTHER Animated Series announced

Posted by Alteran195 on 14 October 2023 - 08:50 AM in SciFi news.

Hopefully that means Playmates wont cancel the Protostar, or will uncancel it. 

#98057 Here we go again... Playmates is back in the Trek business!

Posted by Alteran195 on 07 October 2023 - 08:18 PM in Playmates

The D disassembled for light blocking.

https://imgur.com/a/dzJtRV7

#98055 1/350 Die Cast TOS Enterprise Crowd Funding

Posted by Alteran195 on 06 October 2023 - 06:47 PM in Everything else.

Reminds me a bit of the controversy their BTTF Delorean had when the prototype had colored wires, but they initially said the production car wouldnt. Cause a big backlash from backers since they said that after the campaign had started, but in the end managed to get colored wires to work at its price point.

I think the seams look pretty fine here, screw covers look good too for being screw covers. Seems better than DSTs meh attempt at them.

Overall for the price, Id be happy with it and I look forward to their next ship. Hoping for a Refit.

#98050 Here we go again... Playmates is back in the Trek business!

Posted by Alteran195 on 05 October 2023 - 06:15 PM in Playmates

I lack any skill to 3D model, but I could definitely print them. I know Destructor was making that awesome Defiant, so theyd definitely have the skill.

#98048 Here we go again... Playmates is back in the Trek business!

Posted by Alteran195 on 05 October 2023 - 05:49 PM in Playmates

I was just going to return it, but Im tempted to try and paint it and fix it too.

Maybe Destructor can make a phaser strip thats 3D printable for the bottom that slots into the screw holes? Pretty sure thats where its supposed to go. Id certainly send some money their way for the files to do it.

#98046 Here we go again... Playmates is back in the Trek business!

Posted by Alteran195 on 05 October 2023 - 10:40 AM in Playmates

Any know what sound files they used for the new"D"?

Sounds and saucer separation

https://youtube.com/...Kdk79QkS4FQ-NxB

https://youtube.com/...hRDcIOuiYiMNgDI

Light bleed is pretty bad, but the lighting itself isnt bad. No lighting in the saucer impulse engines, and the star drive doesnt even have it colored correctly. Some interior light blocking would have helped a ton.

https://imgur.com/a/xBWH27B

#98042 Here we go again... Playmates is back in the Trek business!

Posted by Alteran195 on 05 October 2023 - 09:14 AM in Playmates

Bad old Facebook has the goods once again:

User Steve Habisch on Facebook has posted a bunch of photos of his own ship:
yfu0gOr.jpg
jGq7N4n.jpg
IgkUrDG.jpg
1h1QFLz.jpg
eab2XAy.jpg

It looks just as bad as I feared, and just as good as I hoped in some areas.
The deflector is bizarre. It's like they conceptualised it upside-down. To my surprise, there is a very faintly molded torpedo tube in the neck, but without the long indent stretching back along the sides of the neck. The empty slot where the main impulse engine should be persists. And the lack of ventral phaser array on the saucer is bloody egregious.

That said, the overall shape is good. It feels less like a pudgy toddler than the 1993 one, but still evokes that toy a lot. The nacelles are maybe a bit long, but I'm not sure. I like the level of detail on the sculpted lines and greeblies throughout, though here and there they get stuff a little wrong or things are missing. It's a solid attempt, it just needed a few more QA passes on the sculpt. Paramount should have caught a lot of the issues I mentioned above in their approval reviews.

The buttons are quite unobtrusive in that location and I like that they moved away from the rounded ones on the prototype. These stand out far less.

Size Comparisons

q8pHfnz.jpg

It's smaller than the preview photo with the hand in frame indicated. It looks around the same size as the 1993 version compared to the DST model here.

N0ihIId.jpg

The recent TOS Enterprise released is a good bit longer than it.

Lighting & Saucer Separation

KIgoXJS.jpg

The deflector does light up.

oQw0zVE.jpg

The nacelle lighting looks nice and even, and I think they have a second LED for the Bussard Collectors.

As feared, the cobra-head of the Secondary Hull is flat and blank. I don't get the impression that the Saucer has any play features.

I have rehosted all the photos I have found so far in an Imgur album. There are a good few more there than I have posted here.

Those are mine, literally the same as I posted here.

#98036 Here we go again... Playmates is back in the Trek business!

Posted by Alteran195 on 04 October 2023 - 09:43 AM in Playmates

Found her at Target today, shes fucking awful.

https://imgur.com/a/pCYGsN7

#98035 Here we go again... Playmates is back in the Trek business!

Posted by Alteran195 on 03 October 2023 - 07:12 PM in Playmates

Give us a SNW Enterprise for gods sake, the show has clearly been a success, as has Lower Decks, but god forbid you make something other than TOS or TNG.

#98030 Here we go again... Playmates is back in the Trek business!

Posted by Alteran195 on 02 October 2023 - 06:56 AM in Playmates

A new ship would be great, but its not going to happen. Gotta keep remaking old shit over and over again. 

#98025 Here we go again... Playmates is back in the Trek business!

Posted by Alteran195 on 29 September 2023 - 08:28 AM in Playmates

Wow, playmates being incredibly lazy with this release.

#98023 1/350 Die Cast TOS Enterprise Crowd Funding

Posted by Alteran195 on 29 September 2023 - 06:47 AM in Everything else.

Well, it's finally going to start shipping. Here are some pics of the finished production model that people who backed it will be getting. 

https://imgur.com/a/zulVogC

Looks really good, part of me wishes I would have backed it but I ultimately don't have room, and am holding out for a SNW or Refit at similar size. When they were working on their BTTF Delorean 1/10 model, they did say the next Trek ship is in early stages of development. 

#98022 Here we go again... Playmates is back in the Trek business!

Posted by Alteran195 on 29 September 2023 - 06:43 AM in Playmates

Hopefully the image on the front is what the model actually looks like, with that azteking. Otherwise it still looks like shit. 

#98015 Star Trek: Lower Decks

Posted by Alteran195 on 16 September 2023 - 09:13 AM in SciFi news.

It's Moopsy people, come on now. 

The fact that there wasn't a Moopsy plush ready to go on the shop after the episode airs goes to show CBS/Paramount hates money. 

#98009 Star Trek: The OTHER Animated Series announced

Posted by Alteran195 on 10 September 2023 - 04:09 PM in SciFi news.

Its ridiculous. They cancel the show when its second season was basically done, a show that as very well received. Just more stupidity from CBS/Paramount. 

#98007 EXO-6 launch new Star Trek action figure range with First Contact Data

Posted by Alteran195 on 09 September 2023 - 11:40 AM in Everything else.

Love these, hope we get the whole crew. 

https://www.bigbadto...ails/253300?o=1

https://www.bigbadto...ails/253287?o=1

https://www.bigbadto...ails/253303?o=1

Ordered Boimler and Mariner, no much interest in Badgey. 

#98000 Here we go again... Playmates is back in the Trek business!

Posted by Alteran195 on 14 August 2023 - 09:44 PM in Playmates

lol, why should I remember them? Anyone here dropping 15k on a studio scale model?

Ill wait for Tomy to make more ships.