• Please log in to reply
457 replies to this topic

#421 e236

e236

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 02:18 AM

quick ?...is the Cylon that comes w/ the initial release of the complete series any different then the carded release...I've tried to get clarification via reviews and such, but have never been able to get a solid answer. Thanks in advance any help!

#422 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:41 AM

From everything Ive seen it looks a little more battle worn. The initial carded was very clean this one from what I recall is slightly less. I havent been able to determine if theres any other minor changes because i havent picked it up yet just seen it in the store.

#423 e236

e236

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 03:22 PM

QUOTE (TheHSBR @ Apr 18 2010, 11:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
From everything Ive seen it looks a little more battle worn. The initial carded was very clean this one from what I recall is slightly less. I havent been able to determine if theres any other minor changes because i havent picked it up yet just seen it in the store.

Thanks for the info!

#424 Samwise Gamgee

Samwise Gamgee

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE (e236 @ Apr 18 2010, 03:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
quick ?...is the Cylon that comes w/ the initial release of the complete series any different then the carded release...I've tried to get clarification via reviews and such, but have never been able to get a solid answer. Thanks in advance any help!

He is similar to the damaged Cylon 2 pack that was released, but with the original Cylon head. He has the sculpted damage on the chest in 2 sections, but includes painted on bullet holes in various places. Something that hasn't been done on any Cylon figure. Here is the best picture I could find of him. It's dark, but you can see the damage; and you can click on the original size of the image for a much closer look.

http://www.flickr.co...318466/sizes/l/

#425 e236

e236

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 09:56 PM

QUOTE (Samwise Gamgee @ Apr 20 2010, 07:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He is similar to the damaged Cylon 2 pack that was released, but with the original Cylon head. He has the sculpted damage on the chest in 2 sections, but includes painted on bullet holes in various places. Something that hasn't been done on any Cylon figure. Here is the best picture I could find of him. It's dark, but you can see the damage; and you can click on the original size of the image for a much closer look.

http://www.flickr.co...318466/sizes/l/

Cool...thanks for the pic!

#426 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 05:07 PM

New Q&A:

http://toynewsi.com/...=1&itemid=15770

Chuck seems to be sick of hearing the name Laura Roslin! laugh.gif

#427 J C R

J C R

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:16 PM

So my wallet was stolen last week....had to get new credit cards....and I called Shop AFX today to update my Boomer/Athena pre-order with my new credit card.....and the guy told me they are coming tomorrow!!! Great timing!! Just thought I'd let ya'll know.

Jeremy

#428 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 04:49 PM

Interesting... and great news! I've been waiting to ship my pile of loot for awhile, it may be time real soon!

#429 eti

eti

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek (TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY)<br />Battlestar Galactica (1978 &amp; 2003)<br />Stargate SG1 &amp; Atlantis<br />Star Wars<br />V (1984)<br />Aliens<br />Civil Aviation

Posted 10 May 2010 - 09:45 PM

Received my Boomer & Athena today, they look good but when you put them next to the TRU New Caprica Boomer they start to look funny, their heads are so much bigger.

#430 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 04:10 PM

Able to take any pics eti?

#431 eti

eti

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek (TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY)<br />Battlestar Galactica (1978 &amp; 2003)<br />Stargate SG1 &amp; Atlantis<br />Star Wars<br />V (1984)<br />Aliens<br />Civil Aviation

Posted 12 May 2010 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE (Artistix @ May 12 2010, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Able to take any pics eti?

I think its just the New Caprica Boomer who is the oddball, as the head is small by comparing to the rest and the skin colour used is unique to this figure as well.
One more thing if you look at the raptor helmet, they have chosen to go with a light green colour for it

#432 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 07:37 AM

Very cool, thanks for the pics! I can't wait to get mine!!

#433 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 06:33 PM

Thanks for the pics. Both Sharons look really good.

#434 J C R

J C R

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:09 AM

I received mine yesterday and Athena is by far one of my favorites of the entire line. Too bad it is coming to and end!! It has been a good run though. I'd still like to see Roslin, Tory, Cavill, Doc, Ellen and D'Anna, but overall I am very pleased.

#435 eti

eti

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 04:23 PM

I think they should have done more relationship 2-packs like Apollo & Dualla

#436 Kyp Durron

Kyp Durron

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Interests:ST props, models, and Lightsabers OH MY!

Posted 27 May 2010 - 05:55 PM

I still can't believe they never bothered with any ships, they have no idea how much money they missed out on making.

-Kyp

#437 Dr. Crusher

Dr. Crusher

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 04:06 PM

Hey, did anyone order the Sharons from Corner Store Comics? I keep waiting for a shipping notice, and their site still has the figures listed as a preorder. 'Course, they never got back to me about changing my order for the old series 4 to the new series 4 either, so I may be done with them. *sigh*

#438 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 04:52 PM

QUOTE (Dr. Crusher @ Jun 1 2010, 05:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey, did anyone order the Sharons from Corner Store Comics? I keep waiting for a shipping notice, and their site still has the figures listed as a preorder. 'Course, they never got back to me about changing my order for the old series 4 to the new series 4 either, so I may be done with them. *sigh*

They are bad about getting back in touch with you about things. Also watch your credit card statement because two out of three times that I have ordered from them my card number was stolen and charged over $500 each time. Of course they say that there servers are secure and that it must have happened somewhere else but I know it didn't. Quite a few other people have made complaints about the same thing as well. I have just decided to stay away from them.

#439 Dr. Crusher

Dr. Crusher

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 05:16 PM

Oh wow, really? 'Cause my credit card number WAS stolen last year, and I never did figure out where they got it. I actually wondered if it was from BBTS, 'cause I'd ordered from CSC before and had just placed my first order with BBTS. Guess not.

Great. Now I hope they DON'T ever put that order through. Thanks for the heads up!

#440 eti

eti

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 06:56 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users