Photo

AskDST 245

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#41 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 06:33 PM

I have to disagree. DST is not crazy at all. I would instantly buy a Defiant or Voyager but would wait for sale or clearance on a Ktinga or reliant. Don't get me wrong, I do like those ships but they are not must haves for me. I would buy TNG/DS9/Voyager era ships over more TOS at this point than I would anything else.

#42 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:31 PM

See I am torn between the two, Reliant is a MUST for me. That is one that has not been made yet, just like Excelsior, those were my two favorites and so far I have gotten one of them. 

#43 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:57 PM

I agree with both of the above.  The Reliant and the K'Tinga are my top two as well.

DST is crazy.  Do they really think anything else is going to sell as well as TOS (or TOS movie)? 

The name of the game is making money.  Not making us happy.  What would d that better than two of the most iconic designs in star trek (that they haven't done yet...)

Who wouldn't want Khan's ship from wrath of khan?  And don't get me started on the ktigna/D-7 the most iconic baddie design in star trek.

Defiant/warbird etc. will be nice to have, after they've done the most popular stuff.  Chuck denied the best choices in the latest ask DST.  I know they're going to do what they're going to do, I just think they're missing a sales opportunity.

Reliant is not on my list of must have ships, id buy Reliant, but its not something id be super excited for. I love Wrath of Khan, its my 2nd favorite trek movie but id take Defiant, Voyager, and the Enterprise C before id want a Reliant.

I also don't know how accurate it is saying a TOS ship would outsell a ship from TNG, especially when comparing it to a ship like the Defiant or an Enterprise thats NEVER been made in a large scale. 

My memory could be off, but in the past it seems Defiant, Voyager, and even the Enterprise C are brought up as requests more then the Reliant in AskDSTs. 

#44 DefiantOne

DefiantOne

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:31 AM

My memory could be off, but in the past it seems Defiant, Voyager, and even the Enterprise C are brought up as requests more then the Reliant in AskDSTs. 

I agree, though I have the feeling the more requests were made, DST just went idle and denied every ship possibility so far.

Speaking of which, the Enterprise-C took the top spot on my list some time ago, but I wouldn't mind a Reliant(my AMT/Ertl one is kinda dying, in desperate need of a new paint job and decals), if there's gonna be a new Reliant from DST down the road, my old one will be an excellent donor for a kitbash project. ;)

#45 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 06:45 AM

I think DST has pretty much covered the bases with the home run TOS items.... While The Reliant and K'Tinga are iconic ships I think that the newer generation ships like the Defiant or Enterprise C would sell just as much and perhaps a bit more with the younger generations who seem to connect with the newer shows now. Especially with Netflix having all the episodes available of DS9 etc.

I know my younger brother and other young people in my family who know Im a Trekie tell me they love the newer shows but have a hard time getting into classic.

#46 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:09 AM

TOS Elitists are at it again. As I recall, the Enterprise D sold exceedingly well. I, personally, am tired of only seeing TOS merchandise. I would really like to see some newer blood thrown into the mix. The Reliant would be cool for customization purposes, but that's it.
I understand that the Reliant is probably what we're going to get, but I hope it's something different. A lot of you are like 'come on only a Reliant and D7 and that's all we need.' Fact is, though, given DST's track record, it'll be 3 years or more before another ship is announced. Here's to it being more, NEW TNG era stuff.

#47 DefiantOne

DefiantOne

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 03:36 AM

Maybe they go completely nuts and make some ships form the "lost era" or pre-TNG-era, like the New Orleans or Freedom class(considering the parts needed, the already kinda have them because of the Enterprise-D, just add some Stabilo pens for the New Orleans and we're ready to go! :D)

Don't pay attention, that's just my mind checking out and flying off ;)

#48 Will Decker

Will Decker

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:42 AM

You want to know my most unrealistic, insane fantasy ship?  22nd Century Romulan Bird of Prey from Enterprise!

At least I'm getting it from eaglemoss later this year!

#49 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:04 AM

Mine is of course Enterprise J. And EM are doing that one too. If only I could into collecting those. E-J might be the first one I get. And I hope DST will do a ST Select Data before they stop that line too.

J-R!

#50 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:46 AM

Is it April Fools' Day again?  So many people talking about DST as if they are going to be releasing something, or even information about something, anytime soon....

#51 weyoun_9

weyoun_9

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 11:33 AM

I have to disagree. DST is not crazy at all. I would instantly buy a Defiant or Voyager but would wait for sale or clearance on a Ktinga or reliant. Don't get me wrong, I do like those ships but they are not must haves for me. I would buy TNG/DS9/Voyager era ships over more TOS at this point than I would anything else.

I agree completely. 100% No question. Same for the DST Selects. The only selling point on more TOS characters for me would be if, like the Spock TOS, an alien we haven't seen is included. In fact. I'd rather get a Salt Vampire select figure with Dr. McCoy as set dressing than the other way around.

#52 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 21 May 2014 - 02:04 PM

Although I'd prefer the Defiant, I'll take any new ship - so long as it isn't Borg, and the registry number isn't 1701, A, B, D or E. Reliant, Oberth, Nebula, Akira, K't'inga, Vor'cha, Warbird, Galor (etc), make them ALL!

I would love the Defiant before 2020, though. :)

#53 mars396

mars396

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 02:15 PM

Let’s RANK our wants !

Here’s mine

#1  K’Tinga/D7/Kronos One/Romulan Battlecruiser/cloaked Battlecruiser

#2 USS Voyager/partially assimilated Voyager/Year of Hell Voyager/Voyager with landing gear

#3 Vor’Cha

#4 Akira Class

#5 Romulan Warbird

#6 Borg Cube

#7 USS Reliant/Saratoga/Majestic

#8 Enterprise-C

#9 USS Defiant (DS9 era)/Valiant

#10 Deep Space Nine Station

#11 Runabout

#12 Delta Flyer

OK at two every other year, this takes us to the year 2026, so I’ll stop now

#54 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 03:12 PM

Here are my top 5 wants in order of most wanted down

1: Voyager

2: Defiant

3: Delta Flyer

4: Enterprise C

5: Valdore

#55 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 03:30 PM

1. NSEA Protector.

2. Enterprise J.

Not necessarily in that order. LOL! Hey,I'm easy.

J-R!

#56 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 21 May 2014 - 03:35 PM

1: Defiant

2 - d245777abca64ece2d5d7ca0d19fddb6.png: I'm easy. Reliant, Enterprise-C, Klingon, Romulan, Federation, I'll take anything, except for TOS-era ships. I have the playmates R-BoP, and far too many classic Enterprise models - more than I want, to be honest. I love TOS, but TNG (and WoK-era+ ships) are what I want. :)

#57 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:03 PM

1. Enterprise C
2. Voyager
3. Defiant
4. TNG Romulan Warbird
5. K'Tinga
6. Reliant
7. TOS Bird of Prey

That's my order of ships I expect DST to make, and the order of what I want.

#58 mars396

mars396

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:31 PM

I suppose I should rank my other wants too, huh ?

Select:

#1 Sisko and Jadzia Dax (FC uniforms)

#2 Janeway and Seven

#3 Movie uniform Kirk and Spock 

props:

Next Gen Phaser/Voyager phaser

24th century tricorder(s)

#59 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 612 posts