mars396

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:37 PM

^ I believe he quoted it for emphasis.

I would use bold for emphasis

"new" is used for trickery and deceit

USS Defiant from The Tholian Web - hey that's a "new" ship, right ?

cloaked USS Enterprise from The Enterprise Incident.  all "new" starship for 2015!!!

USS Excelsior from Flashback - the first DST ship with soundclips from  Voyager - that's a "new" one!

Battle-Damaged USS Enterprise-D from Generations.  We've never done that particular ship - that's "new"!

#22 mars396

mars396

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:41 PM

actually, now that I think about it, I would totally buy a glow-in-the-dark and/or non-electronic translucent variant USS Defiant from "The Tholian Web".

I'd be all over that "new" ship!

#23 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:50 PM

Im thinking we are getting a Grissom and type 11 shuttlepod.....

Its only logical after all!!

That's a joke BTW....

I have no clue at this point.... It honestly could almost be anything with all this denial and no comments...

#24 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:17 PM

Like I said, unless their making a Runabout it has to be the Defiant... Even though it was also denied...

The no KTinga surprised me too since it has the most variant potential for any alien ship, at least that I can think of.

At this point I'm expecting a TOS BoP since DST loves TOS, I'd prefer a TNG Warbird but I'd be surprised if we got one.

The other is either Defiant or the Runabout, which would make no damn sense.

#25 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:33 PM

I bet its the NSEA Protector.

:roflmao:

#26 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:01 PM

I'll bet it's the Reliant. All this ambiguity....smh

#27 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:27 PM

I bet its the NSEA Protector.

:roflmao:

You know, I would LOVE that! :D  DST could do some great stuff with a Galaxy Quest license - and it's the 15th Anniversary this year!

...dang it, made myself feel old.

#28 DefiantOne

DefiantOne

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:19 AM

I'll place my bet on a fully lit Workbee, in scale with DST's figure lines and some moving parts :D

But seriously, I'm expecting a Reliant for sure and wouldn't be surprised if the other one would be the Defiant or Voyager, even though they have been denied at some point. Not sure about the Klingon ship, although a D7/K't'inga class would be my best bet. Mabye it'll be a K'vort with non movable wings, straight with dialogue from TNG's "Yesterday's Enterprise" ;)

#29 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:15 AM

I'd be good with a Protector, love that movie and the ship.

#30 Dilithium1

Dilithium1

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:34 AM

Looking over the Blog again (question about the station):

"while I love DS9, it would not be the first ship we do from that show."

sooooooooo

#31 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:21 AM

I would KILL for the NSEA Protector,and maybe a set with the VOX and ION Nebulizer. And they could even do the shuttle down the line,and some figs. LOVE Galaxy Quest,and found it funny when it ranked above STID and a few other Trek movies in that poll they did of best Trek movies,LOL!

Upcoming Trek ships?! I'll just wait and see,although I DO wish they could do new movie stuff. But now that Orci is gonna direct the next one I guess it's anyone's guess how good that will be,lol! Just have to wait and see.

J-R!

#32 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:25 PM

Although I feel the Defiant, Reliant, or another alien ship are far more likely I'm going to continue on hoping that the next ship is the Enterprise-C.  It's just too perfect of an opportunity to give the Ambassador some loving and complete the Enterprise lineage.

#33 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:06 PM

Although I feel the Defiant, Reliant, or another alien ship are far more likely I'm going to continue on hoping that the next ship is the Enterprise-C.  It's just too perfect of an opportunity to give the Ambassador some loving and complete the Enterprise lineage.

Did we just become best friends? I've been hoping for a C being next forever.

#34 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:31 PM

It would seriously be a home run, grand slam in my book if we got the Enterprise C and the DS9 Defiant.....

#35 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:06 PM

Zach, if you see this, I know you said you'd tell us in the summer, but is there any chance you could spill the beans now, maybe via a wheel of fortune-esque method of removing the vowels from the words? Maybe give us the first letters of each ship? How about some teaser photos of the ships using extreme close-ups, and we could get them right away guess them?! ;)

Or perhaps, maybe narrow down the time-frame of when you'll tell us (say to within a specific month)?! I'm honestly dying to know, now. :)

Random ship I'd love DST to make, that perhaps wouldn't be too hard in terms of them re-using parts from one of the other toys - Nebula class. I know the Reliant is a home run for something like this, but as that's very likely to be made at some point, I'm going to nominate the Nebula class. Throw a different pod up top for variety, and I'd buy every single one. Sutherland, Farragut, Phoenix, Honshu, Bonchune - I'd love to have just one of those ships one day...

#36 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:57 PM

I hope its a D'Deridex myself. If its true that it isnt K'Tinga or Reliant. If it IS Defiant then logicly they would want to release a companion ship, so either Galor or Jem'Hadar. But I dont know if those are recognizable enough for the "Mass Market"

#37 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:24 PM

I hope its a D'Deridex myself. If its true that it isnt K'Tinga or Reliant. If it IS Defiant then logicly they would want to release a companion ship, so either Galor or Jem'Hadar. But I dont know if those are recognizable enough for the "Mass Market"

D'Deridex is absolutely the next alien ship I want, such an iconic design from TNG. If the next ship is TNG, whether it be Defiant or the Enterprise C, it would go well with it.

(Would go better with the C honestly)

#38 DefiantOne

DefiantOne

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:39 AM

With all the people wanting the Enterprise-C asap, commenting on Facebook, in forums such as this and at other places, I wouldn't be surprised if they changed their mind and go with the Ambassador class this time. They could also make a battle damaged version by applying some decals and add some new sound effects, honestly I think it would look fantastic.

The B also has only 2 variants until now (only possible variant left would be the Lakota) and wasn't even as much wanted as the C back then. Now, the C is logically an even more popular choice as the only Enterprise being left in the legacy(not counting the NX-01 and the Ent-A is on its way)

#39 Oxnard Montalvo

Oxnard Montalvo

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:29 PM

TOS Galileo Shuttle?  (runs for cover even though I would dearly love one!)

#40 Will Decker

Will Decker

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 04:01 PM

I agree with both of the above.  The Reliant and the K'Tinga are my top two as well.

DST is crazy.  Do they really think anything else is going to sell as well as TOS (or TOS movie)? 

The name of the game is making money.  Not making us happy.  What would d that better than two of the most iconic designs in star trek (that they haven't done yet...)

Who wouldn't want Khan's ship from wrath of khan?  And don't get me started on the ktigna/D-7 the most iconic baddie design in star trek.

Defiant/warbird etc. will be nice to have, after they've done the most popular stuff.  Chuck denied the best choices in the latest ask DST.  I know they're going to do what they're going to do, I just think they're missing a sales opportunity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users