• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#81 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 07:04 PM

They have them on at 1230am in my area, but i rarely atay up late enough to see them so ive not seen a single complete episode of the remastered either.

#82 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 09:00 PM

Its on at like 2:30 am on Monday mornings here. I Tivo it and watch it later. "Amok Time" had this cool elevated walk way on Vulcan!

#83 Samwise Gamgee

Samwise Gamgee

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 09:41 PM

Wow, I guess I'm really lucky then. It's on Saturdays at 6:00pm here. It's really neat to see what they've done. smile.gif

#84 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 10:20 AM

What channels are you guys getting them on and are they listed as just Star Trek or do they say they are remastered ones?

#85 DavAnthony

DavAnthony

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 10:30 AM

It was on at 3:30 here in the NJ/NY area on channel 4. The best part was that they played an infomercial for the first 1/2 hour, so you would come into the show half way through. Then they ended it at 4 for another infomercial. I was so annoyed I haven't bothered trying to watch it on t.v. since. I use bittorrent and watch the episodes that way. They downside either way is that they are showing the edited 43 minutes version instead of the 52 minute versions. Hard to believe at one time people were only tortured with 8 minutes of commercials instead of freakin' 17 minutes of stupidity.

#86 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE(DavAnthony @ Feb 21 2007, 11:30 AM) View Post

It was on at 3:30 here in the NJ/NY area on channel 4. The best part was that they played an infomercial for the first 1/2 hour, so you would come into the show half way through. Then they ended it at 4 for another infomercial. I was so annoyed I haven't bothered trying to watch it on t.v. since. I use bittorrent and watch the episodes that way. They downside either way is that they are showing the edited 43 minutes version instead of the 52 minute versions. Hard to believe at one time people were only tortured with 8 minutes of commercials instead of freakin' 17 minutes of stupidity.

I remember well back when commercials were not as frequent in tv shows. I remember when 2 commercials in a row were about all you had to worry about, now it seems like 25 in a row, sometimes the same ones twice. Nowadays, there is advertising at the bottom of the screen even when the show is back on, on some channels. One thing that irritates me is when the closing credits roll, you cant read them because they are minimized so anothe stupid commecial can play, whats the use in playing credits you cant even read? Hopefully when these new remastered versions are released on DVD they will not cut them up .

#87 DavAnthony

DavAnthony

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 05:53 PM

QUOTE(VulcanFanatic @ Feb 21 2007, 10:24 PM) View Post

I remember well back when commercials were not as frequent in tv shows. I remember when 2 commercials in a row were about all you had to worry about, now it seems like 25 in a row, sometimes the same ones twice. Nowadays, there is advertising at the bottom of the screen even when the show is back on, on some channels. One thing that irritates me is when the closing credits roll, you cant read them because they are minimized so anothe stupid commecial can play, whats the use in playing credits you cant even read? Hopefully when these new remastered versions are released on DVD they will not cut them up .

I agree it is extremely annoying. I thought when they kept chipping away at the show time for commeericals that was bad enough. But then when they do these stupid graphics you mention DURING THE SHOW, that is just obnoxious the 'best' is when they have sound. Also this may sound dumb but I always enjoyed watching the end credits of a show. It gave me time to think about the show I just watched and what happened in it. Kind of like enjoying your dinner after it has been eaten.

#88 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 21 February 2007 - 06:15 PM

The embedded advertisements wouldn't bother me so much if they didn't take up 1/3 of the freaking screen. Cartoon Network, one of my staple tv spots, doesn't even adjust the view so you can see the entire picture. They just throw it up on the screen and to heck with all the detail you miss! GRRR!

It stinks that they are showing the abbreviated versions, especially since most are shown in the wee hours of the morning when no one watches the commercials anyway. I do hope that they are restoring the entire episodes and not only what is shown on TV.

#89 Rico

Rico

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 09:52 AM

I've seen most of them. They do have them on at odd times so I TIVO them. I enjoy the new effects, but I'm still happy to have the originals on DVD. Not sure if this has been posted here, but this is a link showing stills and video from the new effects shots - in case you haven't been able to see the episodes....

http://trekmovie.com...-episode-order/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users