Photo

Big Star Trek News!!! Enterprise may return !!!

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:26 PM

Uhm....In a Trek Movie article it has been reported that filming may in fact start for a season 5 of Enterprise!!! This is being said by none other than Brannon Braga.... Aparently Enterprise has been performing VERY well on Netflix...So they may actually create the 5th season to be rented on Netflix exclusively.

This would be so amazing if it comes to light!!!

#2 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:29 PM

This made me smile. My first reaction is no way, but we now live in a new world where networks may not be the end all and be all of what gets put on my screen.

#3 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE (TheHSBR @ Mar 25 2013, 11:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This made me smile. My first reaction is no way, but we now live in a new world where networks may not be the end all and be all of what gets put on my screen.

Exactly HSBR...just like TNG was the phenomena of this thing called "syndication".... maybe this new era of live streaming could actually create a second chance for some of our lost shows !!! Or at least what we thought were lost !!!

I will be so geeked if this happens...and I will get my 20.00 value of the money I donated to save Enterprise.... lol...

#4 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:32 PM

I want to be clear....I got a little excited when I read this and didnt read all the fine print...again this is only a marginal possibility...me saying starting filming may have been a bit premature....this is only being hinted at.

#5 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:12 AM

Okay well here is the thing with that, they would have to completely Recreate all the sets again and sign all the actors, Trip is now dead so that is out of the question for him, unless they go back and edit out those two episodes and push them back to season 5's ending then maybe....butwhat would Paramount gain from spendin all the money to do that?

Don't get me wrong that would be TOTALLY Awesome

#6 Daysleeper

Daysleeper

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Interests:Music, acting, theatre, film, arts in General

Check out my band: www.facebook.com/eastportslackers

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:11 AM

QUOTE (BadBunnyMike @ Mar 26 2013, 12:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay well here is the thing with that, they would have to completely Recreate all the sets again and sign all the actors, Trip is now dead so that is out of the question for him, unless they go back and edit out those two episodes and push them back to season 5's ending then maybe....butwhat would Paramount gain from spendin all the money to do that?

Don't get me wrong that would be TOTALLY Awesome

Well, if they'd cover the time between "Terra Prime" and "These are the voyages", Trip would still be alive (would be cool since I guess it would be about the Earth-Romulan war, although one might consider that the actors are all 10 years older now...).

But I'd be so happy if that really happened!!!

#7 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:26 AM

I'd be back on board in a second if the revived Enterprise. They don't even need to rebuild the sets. they can do CGI sets ala BSG: Blood and Chrome. I so want this to happen. Please Great Bird of the Galaxy. bless this plan!!

#8 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:22 AM

There was a story line in one of the books that Trip was actually being recruited by Section 31 and his death was faked so he could go on some top secret mission....This actually isnt a bad plot device to bring him back. Im with you kortar....I so want this to happen! I love jj trek....but I also think it would be awesome if a prime universe project were underway. I think one good sign about all this is that one of the top creators is talking about this not just like a theory from one of the actors. Apparently the shows Jericho and Arrested Development have already been rebooted via netflix....so this is definitely a new phenomena....

#9 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:21 AM

Yeah in that book Trip was surgically altered to be placed into the Romulan Empire. Wasnt the proposed storyline for season 5 the Romulan war? Those two things would fit perfectly together so we wouldnt get trip back in the form that we know but it could be a reoccuring storyline that takes us through season 5.

#10 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:38 PM

Netflix does seem to be attempting to branch out into these exclusive seasons but only to an extent. They were looking into saving Terra Nova as their own exclusive show but backed out due to the cost. Even though Terra Nova was unique given it broke the record of being the most expensive scifi TV show, I imagine a season of Enterprise - even if any of the sets are still around - would be pretty up there.

What I find really peculiar about this though, is that's Braga brainstorming this, since it seems that the one thing most people agree on with the last season of Enterprise is that it was better due to Berman and Braga finally leaving. Braga especially seemed the worst of the two.

#11 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:02 PM

I'm pretty sure Berman was the worse of the two.

Braga's a bitter asshole these days, though.

Anyway - thus far, Netflix has only revived inexpensive series - Arrested Development being the only one that springs to mind. As you say, they baulked at Terra Nova over cost.

And if Netflix were to do a Trek series, I think it'd either be a brand new one, or a DS9 special. Why do Enterprise, which comes with a guarantee of the smallest possible part of the Trek fan base?

The DS9 actors are all still on board (with the possible exception of Meaney, but I'll have a word with his Mum), still cheap, and the show is well appreciated across the internet.

It's not just because I don't like Enterprise that I say this - it's because it really doesn't make business sense.

Anyway, as TheHSBR rightly says, we are at the dawning of a new televisual medium... anything's possible.

#12 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:30 PM

Netflix's new series House of Cards is really good, and a quality show but i doubt it cost any where near what a Star Trek series would. So where would we start out at? Riker and Troi going back to the holodeck for more Enterprise adventures?

#13 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:55 PM

I would be happy with a two hour netflix special movie of any prime universe trek...but it does seem like Enterprise is the most deserving because she died an early death.... I have to admit though a DS9 netflix movie would be awesome.... I picture these being like Stargate The Ark of Truth or Continuum .

VF... it would be hard to determine where the writers would pick up the story...there is definitely a lot of material to work with....but Im with all of you...I wouldnt want Braga in charge....and Manny Cotto would have to come back to write...

#14 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:40 PM

Doug Drexler has gotten word of this and created a facebook fan page of his own.

https://www.facebook...page_fan_invite

#15 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:07 PM

Wow, this is getting really overblown.

It was an offhand comment in an interview with TrekCore... Really interesting interview, actually - I read it yesterday. They also have a review of the Season 1 Enterprise Blu-Ray set. It seems there are some brutally honest interviews about how and why Enterprise sucked struggled.

#16 Jay K

Jay K

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:21 PM

In this age of Kickstarter, as well as streaming services like Netflix, I'd LOVE to believe that anything's possible. The idea of revisiting the TNG-era (any and/or all 3) would - and I'm not ashamed to admit this - bring tears to my eyes. It would literally be like going back to my childhood.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for whatever comes (even Enterprise, I'd watch it). How amazing would a few 2 hour specials be though, in time for the 50th anniversary?

#17 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:13 PM

I think I'd most like to see post-TNG/DS9 done, maybe with Dorn since he's been pushing a Worf series anyway. Or, if they really want to get into some serious territory, go with Riker as he's commanding the Titan.

If an online-exclusive Trek show were to be made then I think one thing that would be necessary is to either cut it down to a half hour rather than hour long episodes, or keep it at a limited number of episodes as a straightforward serial. At least to start off. That way it would keep it more focused and possibly save money.

#18 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:12 AM

Remember children....big things always start small!!! Go go season 5 !!!

#19 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:34 AM

My roomate brought up a good point and said something along the lines of "if they are gonna spend all the money trying to make a 5th season of enterprise why wouldn't they just develop a whole new Star Trek Series it would probably cost around the same amount of money" Which is a really good point. Why try and pick up a cancelled series when you can start fresh.

#20 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:43 PM

Yeah I think BBM room mate brings up a good point. ENTERPRISE was a great show I think, as good as any other Star Trek show (maybe the reason it failed was because it was just as good as any of the other Trek shows and not better) but it's been over for some time now and although I'd like to catch up with that crew again, I don't think reviving an old show that wasn't well received isn't as good an idea as doing a new show.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users