5 replies to this topic

#1 Redshirt#7

Redshirt#7

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 398 posts
  • Interests:Avoiding landing parties, surviving till the titles roll

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:48 AM

How many where made? I was under the impression that only 10,000 existed, but I got a sealed one just that has the number "19,403" on his foot. I heard something similar happened to the Sulu and Scotty figures, from reusing the previous mould (in this case Wave 1 Geordi). Any info?

#2 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:05 AM

I used to know this.

#3 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:40 PM

Tapestry II Picard had a production run of 15,000 BUT... 

This figure had a production run of 15,000. Playmates Customer Service released info stating if you have a figure over 15,000 it is due to discarded defected figures, and licensor samples.

So that means yours was one of those figures and all together 22,500 of them were released.

#4 Redshirt#7

Redshirt#7

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 398 posts
  • Interests:Avoiding landing parties, surviving till the titles roll

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:19 AM

Tapestry II Picard had a production run of 15,000 BUT... 

This figure had a production run of 15,000. Playmates Customer Service released info stating if you have a figure over 15,000 it is due to discarded defected figures, and licensor samples.

So that means yours was one of those figures and all together 22,500 of them were released.

Fantastic! Thanks for that. So I've got a Frankenstein Monster Picard, interesting.

In addition BadBunnyMike, the picture on the new NFC website shows him completely different to mine, yours is the Wave 1 Picard head on a TNG Bashir body, whereas mine is the Wave 1 Picard head on a repainted Geordi body. Any idea on how that happened? Is yours the prototype or something else? Sorry for asking. 

#5 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:52 PM

I dont know for sure, but i am guessing that the factory would use whatever spare parts they had at the time to fill an order. This Picard figure was a Toyfare exclusive, so i imagine that a factor behind some of these exclusives was to deplete a lot of extra inventory they had. There may be 5 different bodies used during that run of figures for all we know.

#6 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:12 AM

No, if i remember right I think i photoshopped that image because i Didn't have a really good one of it at the time. It was pretty much the same idea but i wanted to get things on the page, if i get a better image of him i will update it, that is if i can get back into the site ever =(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users