• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 07:07 PM

I didnt care that much for the first Fantastic 4 movie. Im quite sure i wont see the second one unless it comes on one of my tv channels eventually. Probably the same with Spiderman 3. I liked the first spidey movie better than the second one. The Pirates movies were ok, but no where near my favorites list material. I start wondering if my standards are too high and then LOTR or other movies that i like come along and i know that good movies can still be made. They dont have to cost 250 million to be a good movie, just have a good story and director.

#22 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 08:20 PM

Any thoughts on "John Rambo"?

#23 Wildcard

Wildcard

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE(slayerone76 @ May 31 2007, 07:30 PM) View Post
Well I won't have anything to do with Johnny Depp. He's an over-rated pretty boy. I might check out the Pirates movies on DVD ... later ... in many years ... out of shear boredom.

Honestly that's how I came to finally watch Pirates 1 and eventually 2. I'm not a huge Johnny Depp fan, as I've only liked him in Sleepy Hollow and Chocolate (that's his only GOOD role IMHO).

But I think he does an oustanding job as Capt. Jack Sparrow in the first two movies. This one....meh. He played it a little too much more on the crazy side than he should have.

Has the trailer for "Stardust" been released yet? I read the description for this and am actually optimistic...it sounds like it might be this generations "The Princess Bride".

#24 thecapn

thecapn

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 07:37 AM

QUOTE(Wildcard @ May 31 2007, 06:12 PM) View Post
^I'm right in the middle of you two. I had no problem following the alliances and such, but I won't say that Pirates 3 was a satisfying end to the trilogy. *NOTE* DO NOT LEAVE BEFORE THE END OF THE CREDITS WITH THIS MOVIE!!! For the sake of others who haven't seen it, I'll spoiler code the rest of my comments:

Spoiler

I definately think there is potential for more of these, even if it's just Captain Jack Sparrow and Captain Beckett. OH, and was it just me or did everyone look even more dirty in this one than the other two?

Agree with you on all points. But you have to tell me...what happens after the credits ? I didn't stay!

#25 ECH

ECH

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 11:23 AM

I'm not a fan of the Spiderman films, or Spiderman generally, but I liked the third one. Even if their wasn't that much in the way of a plot.

And thanks for the tip in staying until after the credits on Pirates 3 - I never do that! I missed the end bit of X-Men 3 and had to wait for the DVD.

#26 Wildcard

Wildcard

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 01:48 PM

QUOTE(thecapn @ Jun 1 2007, 09:37 AM) View Post
Agree with you on all points. But you have to tell me...what happens after the credits ? I didn't stay!

Spoiler

#27 Samwise Gamgee

Samwise Gamgee

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE(thecapn @ Jun 1 2007, 08:37 AM) View Post

Here's the video of the clip after the credits:

#28 Wildcard

Wildcard

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 08:58 PM

^Wow...it's scary how fast some things are showing up on Youtube! blink.gif

#29 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE(Sybeck1 @ May 31 2007, 10:20 PM) View Post

Any thoughts on "John Rambo"?

I didnt realize that there was a fourth Rambo in the works. Stallone is milking the Rocky and Rambo franchises for a few more drops since he doesnt seem to have a heck of a lot of other big projects going on nowadays. The Trailer wasnt particularly impressive, just more of the same old stuff. Richard Crenna is passed on now so Col Trautman cant show up and save the day anymore. I saw First Blood a week or so ago for the first time in years and found it still entertaining but i never cared that much for the sequels.

#30 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 04 June 2007 - 06:14 AM

Just saw Pirates and I thought it was great. I didnt feel like a almost 3hour movie. For me even Spiderman dragged but this had a steady flow to it. I thought Sparrow took a backseat in this film. It really revolved around the other cast memebers. I would highly suggest it!

#31 thecapn

thecapn

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 07:55 AM

QUOTE(Samwise Gamgee @ Jun 1 2007, 04:22 PM) View Post
Here's the video of the clip after the credits:

Thanks for the info and the clip, guys. Not really anything new or shocking there...not like that shock ending of Xmen 3. But interesting, none the less.

#32 Wildcard

Wildcard

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 01:13 PM

^That I can agree with you on. For me the last scene of X-3 was the best part of that whole appauling movie.

#33 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 07:35 PM

For some reason i have this feeling that an X4 will come out with the revelation that the "Cure" was only temporary aand Magneto will be back in business. I hope not, i think its well enough like it is.

#34 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 05 June 2007 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE(VulcanFanatic @ Jun 5 2007, 09:35 PM) View Post
For some reason i have this feeling that an X4 will come out with the revelation that the "Cure" was only temporary aand Magneto will be back in business. I hope not, i think its well enough like it is.

Well, after X-Men 3 I had my fill of them. I thought X:2 ROCKED and I enjoyed X-Men 3, but they pretty much killed everyone off or they got "the cure".

As for the cure being temporary... Magneto already started getting his powers back by the end of the movie.

The little clip after the credits I thought was weak... I mean, how would they pull off THAT?!?
Don't want to spoil it for those who didn't see it.

#35 Wildcard

Wildcard

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 11:48 AM

^
Spoiler

There's supposed to be a Wolverine movie in the making, so we'll see if they do anything regarding "the cure" in that one. I wouldn't mind an X-4, but only if it somehow redeems itself after X-3.

#36 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 04:52 PM

There is also a young Magneto film in the making and talks of an X4 movie with a new cast that may include Gambit.
The wolverine movie is also suppossed to be a prequal.

Just wanted to let you all know that I saw Knocked Up this past weekend and it was hillarious. If you liked the humor in The 40 Year Old Virgin then you will like this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users