Summer Movie Hype

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 26 May 2007 - 09:46 PM

It seems like it might be a big summer for comic movies and just movies in general. What movies are you the most hyped for?

#2 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 07:45 AM

Pirates of the Caribbean and spiderman 3 are movies i would like to see, but have not as yet. I only go to the theater for exceptional movies that im really excited about, and i dont see any this year that i cant wait for the DVD to come out. I will visit the theater next year to see Indiana Jones 4 and Star Trek 11 if they actually do come out next year.

#3 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 27 May 2007 - 12:27 PM

Well most of the movies I was looking for have come out before the Summer season. Since I haven't seen any of the previous POTC at the movies, I'm reluctant to go see the last one. Hell, I was one of those weirdos that didn't see the original Matrix trilogy in theaters. That being said, I am looking forward to the Fantastic Four movie biggrin.gif My wife is looking forward to Transformers and (especially)the Harry Potter movie. We've seen Spidey and may go and see Shrek this week while she's on vacation though.

#4 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 27 May 2007 - 09:19 PM

Movies are so expensive now ($11 a ticket in Chicago) that I too am selective about what I see. Last summer I only saw Superman and almost fell asleep during it. This summer though there are just a ton of stuff I would be willing to plop down $11 for. Ive already done it for Spider-man and probably will for POTC,HP, FF, & Transfromers! Donster I am one of those weidos as well because ive never seen any of the matrix films in theatres. I also went to see the Two Towers in theatres before i saw FOTR. Very confusing stuff the first time around! (almost fell asleep during that one too!)

#5 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 27 May 2007 - 09:58 PM

I fell asleep during the first two Lord of the Rings movie so I didn't bother to see the third.

Personally, I am looking forward to Transformers (bummed that Soundwave didn't make the cut) and Fantastic Four (and hopefully Chris Evans will be shirtless in this one as much as he was in the first one!). I heard Spiderman 3 wasn't all that great, so I guess those two are the only ones I'll check out.

#6 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 07:28 AM

I never saw any of the matrix movies in the theater either. I saw the first one on DVD and thought it was good, but the two sequels were not as good. I didnt see FOTR in the theater either, and only saw it on dvd at the urging of a friend, and thought it was great. I saw TTT and ROTK in the theater and liked them very much and never fell asleep. I maybe forced to go see the new Harry Potter movie if my daughter insists on seeing it, and she will want to see Shrek as well, but i think we will get the dvd for that one.

#7 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 06:16 AM

QUOTE(Chalksquared @ May 27 2007, 10:58 PM) View Post
I fell asleep during the first two Lord of the Rings movie so I didn't bother to see the third.

Personally, I am looking forward to Transformers (bummed that Soundwave didn't make the cut) and Fantastic Four (and hopefully Chris Evans will be shirtless in this one as much as he was in the first one!). I heard Spiderman 3 wasn't all that great, so I guess those two are the only ones I'll check out.

iI thought spiderman was pretty good. The vasting for Venom was a bit strange and some scenes went a bit long but other than that it was a good spiderman tale.

#8 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 03:18 PM

Well so far it seems like HP5 is the only movie I'm actually getting excited to see (the previews have me all tingly again...something I haven't felt for an HP film since #2....I hated #3, which sadly was also one of my favorite of the septology, and 4 was just ok)

I finally bought and watched Pirates 1 and 2, so I am looking forward to seeing to "At World's End". Transformers had me excited till I started seeing the previews and read the comic adaptation of the movie.....we'll see how I feel afterwards.

FF: Rise of the Silver Surfer looks good, we'll see about story line and Galactus.

I wanted to see 300, but waited to long and it left the theaters.

#9 ECH

ECH

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 01:57 PM

There are a few films that I hope to see over the summer...

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and Pirates 3 being the main two. I might see Transformers...there may be others, I'll see...

I'm not too bothered about Fantastic Four, I can't even remember if I saw the last film in the cinema or not.

#10 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 02:48 PM

QUOTE(ECH @ May 30 2007, 02:57 PM) View Post
There are a few films that I hope to see over the summer...

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and Pirates 3 being the main two. I might see Transformers...there may be others, I'll see...

I'm not too bothered about Fantastic Four, I can't even remember if I saw the last film in the cinema or not.

If you didnt see FF1 you didnt miss much. The second looks very good though...

#11 thecapn

thecapn

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 02:48 PM

So far, I've been disappointed in the two summer movies I've seen - Pirates 3 and Spidey 3. I thought both felt rushed together, high on new characters and small on actual plot (funny, I said the same thing about Xmen 3 last year...I hope it's not a trend). From what I hear, Shrek 3 is the same way.

The movie I've been most looking forward to, actually, is Knocked Up. For any of you who have seen 40-year-old Virgin, and liked it, this one is looking like it'll be just as good. I'm looking forward to laughing my *ahem* off on Friday.

Other than that, there's nothing else I'm particularly interested in. This Summer looks like a bore to me. Transformers and Die Hard never really held my attention, and I don't get Harry Potter, personally. I never understood how a guy who could do just about everything with a little wand would have any problems he couldn't swing at and make disappear. Of course, that's just me, and I get that people are looking forward to it.

So far, the movie I've enjoyed the best this year is 300...and for some reason, I have a feeling that picking it up in HD and watching it on my home theater will be the Summer Movie for me.

Also, just to mention...the Matrix Trilogy came out on HD-DVD this past week...I picked it up and thoroughly enjoyed all three. I'd never seen the third one, since lots of people said it was awful. But I thought it was great! I've gotta go back and read up on my philosophy to get all of it, first time I've done that since college.

#12 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 04:12 PM

I disagree with you on Pirates. I thought it was just as good as the first two and a great ending for the series. A very fun ride. Now Spiderman disapointed me. It had the potential to be so much better but fell very short IMO. I felt like I was watching The Mask instead of Spiderman in some scenes (it was that goofy and over the top).

I can't wait for Transformers. The new trailer looks spectacular.

#13 Samwise Gamgee

Samwise Gamgee

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 05:20 PM

I'm going to have to go with thecapn on this one. I thought the third Pirates was just awful. In fact, I went with a group and none of us liked it. I did see a preview screening of Knocked Up just before seeing Pirates, and thought it was much better than Pirates. It was pretty funny and very enjoyable! laugh.gif

#14 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 06:26 PM

Pirates 3 is about an hour too long (2 hours 47 minutes!!) For me it's Transformers and Knocked Up. Not interested in anything else.

#15 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 31 May 2007 - 08:24 AM

QUOTE(Sybeck1 @ May 30 2007, 08:26 PM) View Post
Pirates 3 is about an hour too long (2 hours 47 minutes!!)

TWO HOURS AND THIRTY SEVEN MINUTES?!? Sweet Jesus!!!
I hate when a movie is that long (good or otherwise). I won't be seeing that one... at least not in the theatre anyway.

#16 Electricbolt

Electricbolt

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:Most Sci Fi, however a strong emphasis on Star Trek, Stargate, and Doctor Who.

Posted 31 May 2007 - 08:41 AM

Fantastic Four 2, Harry Potter, and Transformers for me.

I've only been to the theater for 2 movies this year (Ghost Rider and 300), which is strange for me... guess there isn't really anything good coming out.

#17 thecapn

thecapn

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 09:09 AM

QUOTE(Chalksquared @ May 31 2007, 10:24 AM) View Post
TWO HOURS AND THIRTY SEVEN MINUTES?!? Sweet Jesus!!!
I hate when a movie is that long (good or otherwise). I won't be seeing that one... at least not in the theatre anyway.

To me, a movie CAN be that long, IF it stays entertaining. I shouldn't be looking at my watch the entire time, which is what I was doing with Pirates. I understood the Matrix movies more than I understood this thing, and I can think of a few long movies I would have rather seen. Now I don't consider this to be a SPOILER, because I don't see how knowing it can affect anything, but I'll label it as such anyway:

Spoiler

And because of that, it was a LOOOONNNNGGG 2:47.

#18 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 10:51 AM

See, I felt the exact opposite. I understood everything that was going on and did not realize the time passing untill it was over and realized I had been there for that long.

#19 Wildcard

Wildcard

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 04:12 PM

^I'm right in the middle of you two. I had no problem following the alliances and such, but I won't say that Pirates 3 was a satisfying end to the trilogy. *NOTE* DO NOT LEAVE BEFORE THE END OF THE CREDITS WITH THIS MOVIE!!! For the sake of others who haven't seen it, I'll spoiler code the rest of my comments:

Spoiler

I definately think there is potential for more of these, even if it's just Captain Jack Sparrow and Captain Beckett. OH, and was it just me or did everyone look even more dirty in this one than the other two?

#20 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 31 May 2007 - 05:30 PM

Well I won't have anything to do with Johnny Depp. He's an over-rated pretty boy. I might check out the Pirates movies on DVD ... later ... in many years ... out of shear boredom. Transformers I will see, but am not expecting to walk out saying its good. F4 - Rise of the Silver Surfer looks better and better with each trailer. I think its going to be much better than the first (which I liked) and will be my second favorite next to Spiderman 3.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users