38 replies to this topic

#21 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE(pickard @ Apr 30 2007, 01:56 PM) View Post
Worst Trek episode? That's personal opinion, but I think people are forgetting "And the Children Shall Lead", "Spock's Brain", "Shades of Grey","Genesis", "Take Me out to the Holosuites", "11:59" and a few other Trek lowpoints.

I really liked Genesis! & the Holosuites one!

It's like most Seaquest fans thought the 'Night of Shadows' episode in Season 1 was utter tripe....& I loved it! biggrin.gif

Possibly due more to my age at the time & the fact that I particularly like scary stuff & lighthearted episoded.

I'm happy to overlook the problems with certain concepts...I am by no means an intelligent man....& sometimes thats a good thing laugh.gif

#22 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 01:17 PM

QUOTE(pickard @ Apr 29 2007, 11:56 PM) View Post
IIRC, none. That story ends with her ascent to Empress.

Check out the recently released "Mirror Universe" novels. There's a follow up story regarding Hoshi's Empressdom.

Worst Trek episode? That's personal opinion, but I think people are forgetting "And the Children Shall Lead", "Spock's Brain", "Shades of Grey","Genesis", "Take Me out to the Holosuites", "11:59" and a few other Trek lowpoints.

Hey I liked those last two. Holosuites was fun and "11:59", while not a great "Trek" episode, was a good television episode nonetheless. I think it had several very powerful messages in it and quite frankly it had some really nice acting moments.

#23 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 08 May 2007 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE(Artistix @ May 8 2007, 03:33 PM) View Post
The Wrath of Minimates laugh.gif

Wow....they are very nice.

Uhura's looking pretty spunky (as most female mini's do!) & the shirtless Sulu is a cool idea & has an awesome expression biggrin.gif

Ah, the Gorn captain...toy companies love that guy! though I gather fans do too. Much like Mugato.

OT - I just saw the Enterprise episode with the Gorn...the Mirror one. Did they appear again before the show ended?

No, to my knowledge the Gorn's don't pop up again sad.gif It would have been nice to see the direction Manny was intending the show go into with another season. For me, there were just too many arcs for the average viewer to jump on though. Much like B5, only at the end of Enterprise it was more like "Whahappin?" than "Ahh, now I get it".

#24 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 04:46 PM

Cheers Donster. smile.gif

#25 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 15 May 2007 - 06:32 PM

So, my boyfriend HATES Star Trek, but on Monday nights when Sci-Fi has 4 hours of Enterprise on he will watch it and actually become interested. He has really become fascinated with the Xindi Aquatics.
I began wishing thay had made some Xindi figures because I am always looking for a way to get him to collect action figures, but also because the Xindi were awesome looking characters and having a Reptilian Xindi figure would look pretty darn cool on my shelf!
tongue.gif

#26 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 04:40 PM

They played the episode with Riker & Troi last night!

Did someone say that was the last episode? Sort of an odd way to end it all.

Riker & Troi sure didn't look as they did when they originally wore those uniforms!! biggrin.gif

It was very cool to see TNG series corridors & such again.

#27 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 20 May 2007 - 04:48 PM

Indeed that was the last episode. Even though the cast says they werent ticked....we all know they were. The producers felt it would help ratingsif they brought in riker/troi. I think it was a good idea for an episode but seriously the last one?! Read the book The Good that Men Do to fix all the problems that any sane person would have with that episode (ie the killing of Trip by a bunch a jobbers)

#28 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 20 May 2007 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE(thehsbr @ May 20 2007, 06:48 PM) View Post
Indeed that was the last episode. Even though the cast says they werent ticked....we all know they were.

Actually, Jolene Blalock flat out said she was upset and that reason like that (relegating the cast to be back-ups in the finale because the episode revolved around Riker and Troi) was why the show got cancelled.

#29 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 08:17 PM

Has any Star Trek Captain ever gotten beat up more then Archer did? They should have made a battle damaged version of him.

#30 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 20 May 2007 - 08:45 PM

Yeah, Archer got beat up a lot, but Picard got his butt kicked more than any of the rest. I get angry every time I see him fight Soran in Generations. Beh!

#31 pickard

pickard

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE(thehsbr @ May 20 2007, 06:48 PM) View Post
The producers felt it would help ratings if they brought in riker/troi.

Really? The show was already canceled.

I take the producers at their word when they say they felt it was a fitting bookend to the 18 years of continual Trek production.

(It wasn't, but I believe they believed that.)

The last show was cool, though.

#32 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 08:06 AM

QUOTE(pickard @ May 20 2007, 10:46 PM) View Post
Really? The show was already canceled.

It's been two years now.

#33 Wildcard

Wildcard

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 02:49 PM

^He was meaning at the time they shot "These are the Voyages..."

And no, it wasn't really meant as a "ratings" grabber....as pickard said, it was intended by B&B to be the closing bookend to the end of the modern run of Trek on television.

#34 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 22 May 2007 - 06:14 AM

A true bookend would have contained something from all the modern Trek series such as TNG, DS9 and VOY. I really dont see how that episode could be considered a bookend simply by adding riker/troi. The producers mishandled that episode in my opinion. In four seasons of many simplistic stories I thought this was one of the most simple. The formation of the Federation should have been at least a two episode show. It seemed like they had an idea to kill Trip and then found a way to write a story around that. Just bad storytelling technique. In a season where we had awesome edisodes featuring the Augments, the Mirror Universe, and Vuclans Forge, this was totally subpar. As I think about it a true bookend would have included Q in it as well.

#35 Wildcard

Wildcard

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 12:29 PM

^Actually there were allusions to DS9 and VOY in the show, but I agree they should have included more. And honestly I think including Q would have been a little too much of a ratings grab attempt like it was with the Borg. But from what I've gathered from interviews with B&B, they felt TNG started the "modern Trek era" so TNG needed to be the bookend. It's been hinted by Manny Cotto and a few others in the "know" that the two parter "Demons" & "Terra Prime" were intended to serve as the Series finale for ENT and TATV was intended to be the Franchise finale.

And realize that the ceremony seen in TATV is NOT the founding of the Federation, but rather a signing of the charter for the Coalition of Planets that would eventually lead to the founding of the Federation (ala Troi's statement at the end).

There were a lot of missed opportunities that I think would have been addressed in the writers room lead by Manny Cotto in subsequent seasons. I think ENT finally found it's voice in season 4 and I would have liked to have seen a season 5 just to see what they would do with it. I think we would have been more pleased and could quite possibly have seen a season 6 & 7.

#36 pickard

pickard

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE(pickard @ May 20 2007, 10:46 PM) View Post
The last show was cool, though.

BIG GIANT CORRECTION:

The last shot was cool. The last show stunk.

#37 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 06:12 AM

QUOTE(Wildcard @ May 23 2007, 01:29 PM) View Post
^Actually there were allusions to DS9 and VOY in the show,

Which are you referring to?

#38 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 09:42 AM

QUOTE(thehsbr @ May 24 2007, 08:12 AM) View Post
Which are you referring to?

I don't remember any either, but that's not saying a lot since it's been about two years since I last watched it.

#39 Wildcard

Wildcard

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 01:57 PM

^I'll have to watch the episode to remember specifically....they were VERY hard to connect as it took my third viewing before I caught them. They were very weak allusions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users