46 replies to this topic

#41 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE(Wildcard @ Jun 15 2007, 06:27 AM) View Post
And Sam, I find it VERY hard to believe that your mind EVER turns to the gutter.

Skank tongue.gif

QUOTE(VulcanFanatic @ Jun 15 2007, 08:19 AM) View Post
I dont think ive seen Whoopi is anything since TNG because her usual fare isnt my cup of tea.

Neither have I....I think that may have more to do with her not actuallly doing anything! Unless she's been in smaller projects.

#42 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 11:19 AM

@ Sam: wink.gif

Re: Whoopi: Well, she's actually done quite a lot since TNG. Check out her profile on the International Movie Database

I think a lot of people forgot that she did a lot of animation voicing (most notably one of the Hyenas in Disney's "The Lion King" films) and was a staple on the Hollywood Squares game show. She's currently doing a nationally syndicated morning radio show.

#43 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 15 June 2007 - 11:22 AM

QUOTE(Wildcard @ Jun 15 2007, 01:19 PM) View Post
Re: Whoopi: Well, she's actually done quite a lot since TNG. Check out her profile on the International Movie Database

I think a lot of people forgot that she did a lot of animation voicing (most notably one of the Hyenas in Disney's "The Lion King" films) and was a staple on the Hollywood Squares game show. She's currently doing a nationally syndicated morning radio show.

The Lion King was released before TNG ended... didn't it?

And I am surprised one of the moderators haven't "yelled at us" for getting off topic. From Kes to Whoopi's career.
wink.gif

#44 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 11:39 AM

^The first one was, but she was in the sequels. And yes, Back to topic. rolleyes.gif Did I mention that Kes was one of my favorite characters that was completely underutilized?

#45 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 07:06 PM

Not to mention she has done a few stage productions as well.

#46 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE(Wildcard @ Jun 16 2007, 03:39 AM) View Post
Did I mention that Kes was one of my favorite characters that was completely underutilized?

As I think I said on the first page, I thought it was almost criminal to have a character with soo much potential that was barely tapped into.

We did go into it, but it was mostly crammed into her final episodes. Her evolution seemed very rushed & I though 'Fury' was not a great way to bring her back. It didn't seem like Kes to me.

A being designed to live for the life span of the show (7 years)...with amazing powers! there's a winner right there.

But I doubt you'd find many people who's favourite character was Kes....they just didn't give her enough 'umph'

Still thought she was cool though...I like the kind, empathetic & soft spoken characters like Kes, Bevery, Troi & Guinan. Though I do love my firey women as well! (B'Elanna, Kira, Tasha).

Variety is the spice of life biggrin.gif

#47 Mason

Mason

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 423 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Collecting Action Figures, Collecting DVD's

Posted 16 June 2007 - 06:11 AM

QUOTE(Artistix @ Jun 16 2007, 12:42 PM) View Post
Though I do love my firey women as well!

wink.gif Uh huh laugh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users