• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 03:27 PM

I just got a letter in the mail to file a claim against Toy Rocket for them claiming bankruptcy. The only reason I can think of is I have four items on pre-order with them. Their site still seems up and going... I wonder if I'll get these or what?

#2 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 03 August 2009 - 03:58 PM

Well they are the worst run online toy company Ive ever dealt with. I would not be surprised to see them go under and I would not lose one wink of sleep over it!

#3 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 04:23 PM

I've never dealt with them, what problems did they have?

#4 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 04:31 PM

Personally, I never had any problems. But they do seem generally pretty high priced on everything.

#5 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 03 August 2009 - 04:49 PM

Aside from high prices, their ebay auctions are always fraught with problems. Ive dealt with them about 3 times on ebay usually because they are the only company that have what I need and its been nothing but problem. I think I have a better chance of reaching heaven than their customer service on the phone or by email. Things never ship on time and trying to get a combined shipping price is like asking for their first born son. My most recent encounter had their system saying stuff was in stock when wasnt and then magically reappearing. I have no idea either...trust me.

#6 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 04:58 PM

I wouldn't be suprised either, I didn't have any good experiences with them either. That just means the AGT Picard and TWOK Chekov might go up in price

#7 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 05:02 PM

Well, right now their AGT Picard is only $3.99. So assuming they're still shipping now's the time to get one!

#8 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 03 August 2009 - 06:56 PM

Noooooo, I just preordered my DCUC Wonder Twins with Gleek from them.

#9 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 07:19 AM

QUOTE (slayerone76 @ Aug 3 2009, 08:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Noooooo, I just preordered my DCUC Wonder Twins with Gleek from them.

Have you heard anything by chance? I'm still curious as to if they're operating during this. I e-mailed them, and haven't gotten a response, and the phone rings a few times and then just beeps.

#10 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 06 August 2009 - 11:04 AM

Their website has an advertisement for a 'moving sale.' So that's what could be going on. I haven't heard anything back yet.

#11 Soongprototype

Soongprototype

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE (TheHSBR @ Aug 3 2009, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aside from high prices, their ebay auctions are always fraught with problems. Ive dealt with them about 3 times on ebay usually because they are the only company that have what I need and its been nothing but problem. I think I have a better chance of reaching heaven than their customer service on the phone or by email. Things never ship on time and trying to get a combined shipping price is like asking for their first born son. My most recent encounter had their system saying stuff was in stock when wasnt and then magically reappearing. I have no idea either...trust me.

realy? when I delt with them they usually had rather fast shipping.

#12 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 04:42 AM

I had an item that I ordered and they never shipped. so I just reversed the charges on my credit card and that was the end of it. Prior to that I never had an issue with them.

Toyglobe.com is the worst company out there.

#13 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 08:35 AM

Hey Goth! How long ago was your issue with them? Do you remember how they showed up on your credit card statement (was it just "toyrocket")? Thanks!

#14 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 10:06 AM

I am another one that has had problems with them. Especially their eBay auctions. They usually offer decent prices on their auctions but over charge on shipping. Then they take forever to send anything out. It took close to a month to get one item from them. When I go to their site and see some of the outrages prices they charge for certain items it is enough to make me not buy other things from them. The funny thing is I visited their booth at SDCC and they had some really good deals on most all of their items. It amazes me how they then over charge for most of the same stuff on their website.

#15 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 01:01 PM

Ive never had an issue ordering from their website.

#16 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Art Asylum 7&quot; Star trek action figures.

Star trek &amp; writing fan fiction.

Posted 29 August 2009 - 07:51 AM

I am certain that I have bought items from ToyRocket via ebay. They may have been the lot who sold me a smiling Data that I later sold on to FHC.

#17 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 08:40 AM

They have indeed filed for chapter 11 restructuring. I received a response from them regarding a recent purchase and they told me that they have filed but will continue to do business. Unfortunately, they cannot give refunds since they have filed so you have to go through the court or through paypal to get money back.

#18 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 11:11 AM

Just proving even more hog big of jerks they really are. Thats pretty low to screw over the people that DID support you. I will gladly cheer when they close their doors.

#19 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 12:03 PM

Yeah.. sadly I don't think I'll be ordering from them again, regardless if they stick around.

#20 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 03:29 PM

I don't think they have intentionally screwed anyone over. Jay states in his email that they are still business as usual. They did kinda mess up with my Wonder Twins order, but that was Mattel's fault, not theirs.

Here is the email I received:

Dear Jeremy,

Yes, it is true we have filed for Chapter 11 Restructuring. It simply helps
clear out some overhead. We will be staying in business and continue to
fulfill on orders, preorders and backorders as they come in.

As for the SDCC Twins w/ Gleek. You heard right, Mattel misplaced the box
with the Gleeks in them, and many companies did not receive their allotment.
As for your order, what we can offer you is store credit on
www.toyrocket.com for the amount you paid. Since we are currently in the
process of the Chapter 11 restructuring, we cannot legally issue you a
refund. Since you paid with PayPal, there is a way around this. Simply
file a dispute and we can refund you fully.

Here are your options:

1. Accept the Store Credit: $77.94
2. File a dispute with PayPal to receive refund
3. Go through the court to receive your refund

Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users